brisbane ins?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tom9779
Club Captain

brisbane ins?

Post by tom9779 »

too early to crack this topic open?

I reckon big Mal must be looking for a recall. we need a big body on brown, and all reports he has been good in the twos.

Would tommy hislop and houli be a chance for a game?
unwise to go with too many ins. but i would like to see two young goers in the mix.

outs? dyson was pretty poor, laycock?

if mal and fletcher play, laycock might be omitted(with ryder relieving hille in the ruck?). i'd like to see us go in with a bit of pace and grit against the lions.

oh and i would almost put the hard tag(welsh?) on power rather than black. luke power is in great form every lions match i have caught this year.(almost the midfielder i would love to see at essendon...prob has one of the best kicks going around i reckon).
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Re: brisbane ins?

Post by Western Red »

Who are the Brisbane Rucks at the moment? Can we go in with Hille and Paddy to relieve?

Also what about Johns ahead of Mal? I understand the significance of Mal against his old club but if CJ is to be used as a key defender then maybe this is the option?

Houli if fit must play. Needs as many games as he can get in these "re-building" years for EFC.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Possible In's:
Mal Micheal, Hislop, Houli, Slattery, Neagle, Hooker

Possible Out's:
Laycock, Pev, Dyson, Rama, Nash

I'm not saying they will or should be in/out just possible.

For me it's

IN:
Neagle - Not sure why he didn't play againt Freo.
Mal Micheal - Should take Brown, Fletch on Bradshaw OR Ryder on Bradshaw and Fletcher can be loose.

OUT:
Dyson - Spud
The second out - I have no idea... Rama? Cock? Pev? Nash?

As much as I love Houli, he hasn't played for a few weeks and Mal/Neagle have had more gametime. Give Houli/Slattery/Hislop a run in the twos.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

KaaN10 wrote:Possible In's:

Possible Out's:

For me it's

IN:
Mal Micheal - Should take Brown, Fletch on Bradshaw OR Ryder on Bradshaw and Fletcher can be loose.

OUT:
Dyson - Spud

As much as I love Houli, he hasn't played for a few weeks and Mal/Neagle have had more gametime. Give Houli/Slattery/Hislop a run in the twos.
Nash?

He's 3rd in general kicks, 5th in handball receives and 3rd in rebound from 50. He has a kicking efficiency of 68%. You may want to suggest someone who is like a flash in the pan, or a one hit wonder, but I like my consistent players thanks.
Essendunny
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Western Red wrote:Who are the Brisbane Rucks at the moment? Can we go in with Hille and Paddy to relieve?

Also what about Johns ahead of Mal? I understand the significance of Mal against his old club but if CJ is to be used as a key defender then maybe this is the option?

Houli if fit must play. Needs as many games as he can get in these "re-building" years for EFC.
Jamie Charman and probably Leuenberger? Both pretty atheltic I think. I reckon Ryder would run ok with leunenberger despite giving up around I think 10cm in height?

Johns ahead of Mal? Maybe...

The last two games, the EFC website has had big Mal as best on ground for bendigo.
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/bendigo/re ... ound_no=11
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/bendigo/re ... ound_no=12

If he is going to play any more games for the EFC, surely against one of the teams packing a power forward is his chance.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Kaan, Neagle I think rolled his ankle pretty bad.(??)

But should be ok.

As stated above, I think Nash, (also Reimers and Lonergan) have almost cemented their place in the side. Solid contributor, should be playing all 22 games.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Possible Out's:

For me it's

IN:

OUT:
Dyson - Spud

Nash was the go to man off the back flank due to his great kicking. Surprised he is even mentioned as a possible "out" Reckon he has been very consistens.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Keep the changes to a minimum...you don't mess around with a winning combination if you don't need to.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Sirvass36
Top Up Player

Post by Sirvass36 »

Dont think fletch will play, or houli, slatts and hislop for various reasons so I reckon they should line up something like this:

Myers Michael Lovett Murray
Lonregan McPhee Ryder
Stanton McVeigh Reimers
Lloyd Lucas Lovett
Neagle Laycock Jetta

Hille Welsh Watson

Bench from: Nash, Monfries, Rama, Pev, Dyson

Id like to see McPhee take Brown as he has the mobility, strength, and is in stellar form. Michael on Bradshaw unless Fletch plays. I like Lloyd a little further up the ground where he can impose himself on the contest and think the flank is perfect for him at this stage of his career. Big Laycock and Neages can play deep, Lovett & Jetta provide the magic up forward and welsh on ball to play a tagger role on either ower or Black
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Mcphee on Brown?

Maybe, or Play Mcphee as the loose man, filling the hole in front of him and roaming across half back?
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

Sirvass36 wrote:Dont think fletch will play, or houli, slatts and hislop for various reasons so I reckon they should line up something like this:

Myers Michael Lovett Murray
Lonregan McPhee Ryder
Stanton McVeigh Reimers
Lloyd Lucas Lovett
Neagle Laycock Jetta

Hille Welsh Watson

Bench from: Nash, Monfries, Rama, Pev, Dyson

Id like to see McPhee take Brown as he has the mobility, strength, and is in stellar form. Michael on Bradshaw unless Fletch plays. I like Lloyd a little further up the ground where he can impose himself on the contest and think the flank is perfect for him at this stage of his career. Big Laycock and Neages can play deep, Lovett & Jetta provide the magic up forward and welsh on ball to play a tagger role on either ower or Black
What a waste of a bloke who is in scintillating career best form. He is now one of our main go-to man between the HF & wing & is one of our main avenues to goal. He's there to help us WIN the game, not save it.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Has Fletch ever played on Brown? I can't recall any game that he has so maybe it would be worth a try. We all know he has played on Bradshaw and come off second best on quite a few ocassions.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:Nash?

He's 3rd in general kicks, 5th in handball receives and 3rd in rebound from 50. He has a kicking efficiency of 68%. You may want to suggest someone who is like a flash in the pan, or a one hit wonder, but I like my consistent players thanks.
68%???????????? Im sorry, when was that good?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:

Since the days where people climax over a bloke who has 55% efficiency.
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:

Since the days where people climax over a bloke who has 55% efficiency.
Ok, we get it. You love Nash and you hate Monfries, but until we find another decent small forward, we have Monfries. Or perhaps Nash can go forward? No where have I mentioned that Monfries is a sensational player, so I ask.

When is 68% good?
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote: Ok, we get it. You love Nash and you hate Monfries, but until we find another decent small forward, we have Monfries. Or perhaps Nash can go forward? No where have I mentioned that Monfries is a sensational player, so I ask.

When is 68% good?
Since when it's 2% better than the AFL average.

But as I state, people love talking up a bloke who is producing unacceptable figures, but find the time to bag the crap out of blokes with better stats - Nash, Pev, NLM etc , you know......comments like "they couldn't hit a target", but have efficiency rates of 68, 81 and 76% respectively.

I don't hate Monfries, in fact I don't "hate" any Essendon player. Never have. I'm disappointed in quite a few, and I always hope they lift their game and play to their potential. I give them a bake when I think they deserve it, but I also give them pats on the back whenever they deliver.
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

ok, so we have to take things literally now?
And two of the players you mentioned are HBF who get easy chip kicks, so I would expect that their effeciency rate would be above 75%. Though NLM is above 76%, I'd love to know where you get these figures from? And out of curiosity, how many are short kicks?
Pev is an exception, going in for the hard ball and to have an effeciency rate of 81% is a damn good effort.
Gus is an in and under forward, who applies pressure to the oppositions defence, something we o not see enough of, especially with Davey out.

Yes Gus needs to improve, but so too does Nash. NLM would almost be gone at the end of the year.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:ok, so we have to take things literally now?
And two of the players you mentioned are HBF who get easy chip kicks, so I would expect that their effeciency rate would be above 75%. Though NLM is above 76%, I'd love to know where you get these figures from? And out of curiosity, how many are short kicks?
Pev is an exception, going in for the hard ball and to have an effeciency rate of 81% is a damn good effort.
Gus is an in and under forward, who applies pressure to the oppositions defence, something we o not see enough of, especially with Davey out.

Yes Gus needs to improve, but so too does Nash. NLM would almost be gone at the end of the year.
No chance.
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:ok, so we have to take things literally now?

No chance.
With Dempsey, Houli and Nash as HBF, where would he fit?
Too thin to be CHB/FB.
Could we play him up forward with Lucas, Lloyd, Mcphee, Neagle and Gumbleton (if ever fit)?
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Rossoneri wrote: NLM would almost be gone at the end of the year.
Really? I reckon he has lifted more than a couple of notches after a shocking start to the year.

and as for stats etc - I don't think we need to read too much into these - because they are far too unreliable. I noticed recently in one game (I think it was Hawks v WCE?) that Channel 7 had possession counts about 5 less than the "official" Champions data stats that appeared in the paper the next day...so who the f*** knows whether efficiency is calculated correctly or not.

As we all know - only one stat that matters - winning games!