Jetta

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Re: Jetta

Post by bombercol »

As I said earlier in this post, he's young, he's away from his native WA, but he got speed he's unselfish, and tonight against Freo he was outstanding.

Get out the cotton wool, wrap him up for a bit and a star will unveil.

BE PATIENT!
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

Foxtel interviewed Knights after the game and asked him about Jetta.

From what I recall Knights said that Jetta didn't look like he'd seen a beep test and his fitness was horrible at the start of the season. (Someone who recorded the game will correct me word for word). But IMHO, I thought the Leroy was always pretty hard at if for the first half of games and then faded out and went missing. This then provides insight into why this was the case and now opens up a whole new chapter on how he has performed during the last couple of weeks and how he will go with afull preseason under his belt.

I also noticed that he came off the bench late into the 3rd when we piled on a few quick goals. It seems he is being well managed with his fintness if that was the case because his last 5 minutes was pivital in the context of an end to end quarter for us.
First name: Mr
Second name: period
Last name: T
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

andrewb wrote:Injury has slowed him down a bit... not trusting the hammies methinks. I think in two or three weeks he'll start looking the goods again.
Was great today. I really hope you have this one right.
jjono
High Draft Pick

Post by jjono »

bombercol wrote:As I said earlier in this post, he's young, he's away from his native WA, but he got speed he's unselfish, and tonight against Freo he was outstanding.

Get out the cotton wool, wrap him up for a bit and a star will unveil.

BE PATIENT!

First quarter today, Jetta takes possession, could have blazed on goal, spotted Rama out of the corner of his eye, slightly fvcked up the kick, but Rama was good enough to screw it around the body for a snagger! Definately Jetta's goal, beautiful to watch.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

He nearly gave me a heart attack when he handballed to Lucas late in the 3rd quarter. At the time, and from where I was sitting, it seemed a shocking risk to take. It didn't look so bad on the replay though :D

Apart from that little moment, he played very well, chasing, tackling, applying pressure and having a hand in at least 3-4 goals.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Is there such a thing as being too un-selfish? Last week after a brilliant spot up from Reimers, he should have kicked the goal, but handpassed to Gus (goal anyway) then twice today, similar sort of thing. Just go back and kick the goal son.

But it was his best game to date. Previously, when he gets the ball, he does well, he just doesn't get enough of the ball. Hopefully this will be a turning point for him. Still very young, but is improving with each game he plays.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Looking forward to seeing how he went in the replay (i missed the second half cos of work).

Is he a shot at the rising star nomination this week perhaps? Mayne blitzed it in the first half though, and looks like he continued that looking at the stats.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Looking good.

I agree he probably should be a little more selfish sometimes, particularly when running into the 50 and he could get to 35 out and have a shot but handpasses from 45 and nearly fuxcks up.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
5Alive
Top Up Player

Post by 5Alive »

He did a lot of work does alot of running off the ball, and if you heard the way Scotty wasa screaming at him for the ball you would understand why he passed it, maybe Lucas should pratice what he screetches
I bleed black with a red sash
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Repayed the faith shown him over then last couple of weeks.

Remember those few awesome games when both Jetta and Davey played? The ball would not leave our 50 unless an umpire ran it out!
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Gatsid wrote:He wasn't too bad at the start of the season but he did spend a lot of time on the bench from what I'm aware of last night getting work done on his hamstring. I think he does have value to add to our side, but for the time being he should go back to the seconds and find confidence in himself again, just doesn't seem to have that spark of speed he did earlier in the season. I also think Knights constantly throwing him on the ball isn't helping the cause he should stay deep forward crumbing everything and just playing the goal sneak it would do wonders for his confidence.
Without trying to big note myself, but I think i hit it on the head when I claimed he should just crumb in the forward line, creating a couple of goals on the weekend and look much better for it. Let him continue to do that and start moving him into the midfield once his confidence and performances are high.
damo22
Top Up Player

Post by damo22 »

jetta showed us just how valuable he can be against freo and he was a major factor in us winning
he's cheeky, evasive and very quick...when he's switched on he can look very dangerous
i think we'd all like to see him play games like that more frequently because if he does then his confidence will grow and then sky's the limit

hears an example of some jetta magic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoO6xBFB9Ew

enjoy
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Great again this week with 4 kicks for 3 goals. 3 EXCITING goals!
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.