Dean Solomon

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Dean Solomon

Post by boncer34 »

Gooooonnnnnne
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Re: Dean Solomon

Post by boncer34 »

Just seen it live. I was looking for a killing, idiots on BigFooty are crowing 6+ weeks. He'll get 3.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

He WAS one of my favourite Bomber players and has generally done the tough stuff within the rules. HOWEVER that elbow on Ling was a dog's act. He should GO in a big way because it looked pretty premeditated. Ling got the ball, handballed it and seconds later came the elbow breaking the cheekbone. It wasnt as if it was really in the play at all.

I hope he does go for 6.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I really liked Solly's hardness but didn't like the way it sometimes bordered on dirty.

This is flat out dirty. The apology in the presso after the game was insincere at best.

At least it isn't going to make DingaLing any uglier.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

I can see how you would view it that way Megan.

The fact that he was brought in after Harvey's press conference screamed that he had been directed by the club to make it.

However I believed the apology was sincere, the fact that he made it clear that he did not want it to benefit him in anyway shape or form and the fact he has played his entire career hard, but generally not crossing the line (apart from one or two occasions) suggests to me that he was truly sorry and was not happy with himself.

Having said that, I reckon it was just as bad, if not worse as Hall's King hit on Staker and deserves just as many weeks. Ling had got rid of the ball, it was clearly premediated, he smashed him in the cheek with his elbow cocked, dog act.
onzman
Regular Senior Player

Post by onzman »

Dirty & head high - Id be surprised if he copped less than a minimum 4 weeks - and that's with an early guilty plea.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

That stat on the TV was damming - suspended seven times in 30 odd games for the dockers!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I loved Solly at Essendon. He just went Silly Solly for the last couple of years before he was traded. And certainly been more silly since. Now I just enjoy watching Houli and Reimers establishing their careers in his place.
Essendunny
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

FFS he hit Ling!!!!

Should be given The Wakley, The Nobel for Physics or The Whitten
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

weak as.

not even an attempt to lay a proper hip n shoulder, he lined him up and wacked him. 4-6 weeks easy.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Apparently Ling and Solly are mates. I think he was genuinely sorry but that does not excuse that the act was reckless and quite dangerous. He took a running leap with the elbow raised at a bloke's head. FFS you can kill someone doing that. It makes Hall's backlash punch on Staker look almost inoccuous.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

He hit Ling, he should get off and Ling should thank him for re-arrange his face.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Jocular comments about Solomon doing Ling a favour by having his face rearranged are out of line, i.m.o. Yes, Ling is as ugly as sin, but he's a very fair player and a good bloke to boot. Solomon is a fking idiot and that was a completely unnecessary cheap shot. I was happy at the time when we got rid of him (even if it was at close to a firesale price), and i feel completely vindicated by the fact that he's continued to be a poorly disciplined player who has no regard for his teammates since he arrived at Freo.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Jocular comments about Solomon doing Ling a favour by having his face rearranged are out of line, i.m.o. Yes, Ling is as ugly as sin, but he's a very fair player and a good bloke to boot. Solomon is a fking idiot and that was a completely unnecessary cheap shot. I was happy at the time when we got rid of him (even if it was at close to a firesale price), and i feel completely vindicated by the fact that he's continued to be a poorly disciplined player who has no regard for his teammates since he arrived at Freo.
Yes but we did alright out of what we got for him Jimmy!! vingertje
Splodge
Top Up Player

Post by Splodge »

it sounds like the tribunal are leaving him out to dry with all the other offences they were looking at found unproven :-$
Carlton Football Club - Surely a contradiction in terms?
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

Dear Bloggers,

Fair dinkum - the guy where's his heart on his sleeve and he crossed the line on this occasion - no doubt - but if you knew him like I do you would understand he is very remorseful. Yes - Ling and Solly are mates (which makes him even more disappointed with his actions). But, for supporters of the Club he played 170-odd games with (and a Premiership as well) to lay the boots in with cheap shots and bragging at how beneficial the trade is for Essendon are simply taking the easy option. Neither of his trades will be as good as Solly at his best - and if you disagree then I'm happy to take your money at the end of their careers.

At the end of the day he plays for his Club with passion and if his team mates at Fremantle played with as much passion and desperation then maybe he wouldn't need to over-do the aggression (or be as aggressive at the contest in general). His statistics at Fremantle are in their Club's top 5 and better than at any time at Essendon, so I can only assume you have watched his career at Freo based on his last match only.

Solly - all the best mate - serve your penalty - and play your 200th next year!!! That'll be 200 more than the vocal-novices on here!!!

Regards,

J. Fisher
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

bomberflyer wrote:Dear Bloggers,

Fair dinkum - the guy where's his heart on his sleeve and he crossed the line on this occasion - no doubt - but if you knew him like I do you would understand he is very remorseful. Yes - Ling and Solly are mates (which makes him even more disappointed with his actions). But, for supporters of the Club he played 170-odd games with (and a Premiership as well) to lay the boots in with cheap shots and bragging at how beneficial the trade is for Essendon are simply taking the easy option. Neither of his trades will be as good as Solly at his best - and if you disagree then I'm happy to take your money at the end of their careers.

At the end of the day he plays for his Club with passion and if his team mates at Fremantle played with as much passion and desperation then maybe he wouldn't need to over-do the aggression (or be as aggressive at the contest in general). His statistics at Fremantle are in their Club's top 5 and better than at any time at Essendon, so I can only assume you have watched his career at Freo based on his last match only.

Solly - all the best mate - serve your penalty - and play your 200th next year!!! That'll be 200 more than the vocal-novices on here!!!

Regards,

J. Fisher
And 200 more than yourself, which kind of makes our opinions on level ground.

Very happy with Houli and Reimers thanks very much. I shall enjoy their next 10 years of service.
Essendunny
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Bomberflyer, Filth, I stand by what I said.

It was dirty. No doubt.

About the presso - you're right I don't know him. So I can only base it on what I DO know - that he's a guy who has gone thru his career with Freo with a pretty sad rep as going a bit overboard when it comes to going hard at the ball - or player in this case (no I don't follow Freo's games carefully, I'm basing this on his tribunial rep) and made a public apology when he knew he was toast.

Honestly? Had I heard that he'd dropped in to see Ling at the hosp and done it there and then to him and his family, I'd be all for it. But publicly, it came across as an arse covering exercise. Show remorse from the start and hope they go easy.

I missed Solly at Essendon and was upset to see him go. He was one of my faves, esp. because of how he behaved regarding the Rama thing, Filth. But I think he needs someone standing over him, a Sheedy type, to make sure that his aggression and passion is directed properly, and I don't feel that they're doing that in Freo and it's reflecting poorly on him.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.