Hille On The Couch

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Hille On The Couch

Post by robbie67 »

Fox Sports 1 now.
Mick
On the Rookie List

Re: Hille On The Couch

Post by Mick »

Sheehan was like a dog with a bone on the subject of the Hille and Sheedy relationship.
He handled himself quite well.
Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park - Home of the Springfield Isotopes
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Would it be totally ridiculous for me to suggest that another 3-4 good games from Hille, could see him slip into Brownlow contention?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:Would it be totally ridiculous for me to suggest that another 3-4 good games from Hille, could see him slip into Brownlow contention?
I think he tends to give the umpires a huge serve when they deserve it (which is often) so I hardly think they'd do him any favours. That's the problem with the Brownlow Medal.......you have to be a brown-nose.

He be very high up in the Crichton Medal though.
Essendunny
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

BenDoolan wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:Would it be totally ridiculous for me to suggest that another 3-4 good games from Hille, could see him slip into Brownlow contention?
I think he tends to give the umpires a huge serve when they deserve it (which is often) so I hardly think they'd do him any favours. That's the problem with the Brownlow Medal.......you have to be a brown-nose.

HA - I remember watching an umpire pay a free kick for a push in the bike against Hille at a boundary throw in and Hille goes "It's a different rule to marking contests mate, it's called ruckwork. You'll work it out". Ha ha ha. Hille took a classy overhead grab about five minutes later that was clearly a mark and umpire goes PLAY ON!!!!!!!

No Brownlow votes for Hille that day.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

gringo wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

HA - I remember watching an umpire pay a free kick for a push in the bike against Hille at a boundary throw in and Hille goes "It's a different rule to marking contests mate, it's called ruckwork. You'll work it out". Ha ha ha. Hille took a classy overhead grab about five minutes later that was clearly a mark and umpire goes PLAY ON!!!!!!!

No Brownlow votes for Hille that day.
Yes, I remember that quite vividly. Laughed my head off also! He's very quick witted. Speaks extremely well at functions also.
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

He spoke very well last night. It's great that the media have also seen that he is playing so well, even a mention of an All Australian spot.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

robrulz5 wrote:He spoke very well last night. It's great that the media have also seen that he is playing so well, even a mention of an All Australian spot.
But let's face it Rob, that is all he will get cause he plays for EFC... :evil:
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Crazyman wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:He spoke very well last night. It's great that the media have also seen that he is playing so well, even a mention of an All Australian spot.
But let's face it Rob, that is all he will get cause he plays for EFC... :evil:
I know. It's good that they at least recognised that he is worthy.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Saw it tonight and it was a very good interview apart from him constantly saying 'as you said' ...

He is a very good spokesman for the club and is finally turning into the superstar that we have all been patiently waiting for
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

Was good to see him get recognition and exposure.

Walls saying Judds last quarter against the Saints was the best quarter by a single player all year was a joke. He was good but gee. Think he had 8 touches (6 contested) .. 5 clearances in 13 mins. Walls went overboard once again. G.Ablett has had better quarters.. among many other players.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

nathanskinner wrote:Was good to see him get recognition and exposure.

Walls saying Judds last quarter against the Saints was the best quarter by a single player all year was a joke. He was good but gee. Think he had 8 touches (6 contested) .. 5 clearances in 13 mins. Walls went overboard once again. G.Ablett has had better quarters.. among many other players.
Walls has reached senility. I managed to cast an eye on the Age at work today and saw a very small part of his article about "G.Ablett could learn from Judd on how to deal with taggers". Without reading the article, I was wondering what the f*** he is on about. Ablett has more damaging disposals, twice as many goals, and most likely, will have twice as many Brownlow votes as Judd will this year. Sorry Robert, but your brain is scrambled.
Essendunny