Ricky Dyson

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Ricky Dyson

Post by nathanskinner »

This guy has had alot of topics about him, and I figured if ever there was a time for him to step up this would be the game. He isnt simply being rewarded for good VFL form, he is required to cover our injuries/suspension and perform.

What would you like to see from Ricky to justify his selection?

personally, I would like to see some genuine run, his touches to be attacking not just short cheap passes. 18 to 20 touches would be acceptable if they are of quality. To expect a goal or 2 might be a bit ambitious but certainly a scoring shot should be registered.

Thoughts? If your over the Dyson threads.. by all means ignore this.
vern
On the Rookie List

Re: Ricky Dyson

Post by vern »

Wouldn't be surprised if he got a midfield run with role on Cotchin/Deledio. I think he was used that way in the NAB Cup on Luke Power.

If that's the case I'd be happy if he broke even with his opponent in posessions i.e around about the 10-15 mark, had 4+ tackles and if he kicked a goal that would be a huge bonus.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

If he plays as an outside player, he needs to be near the 30 touches (depending on TOG). If he is running with, he needs 6-8 tackles.

Either way he needs to contribute clearances and either goals or assists.

He is not a kid anymore and needs to step up and take some responsibility.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Sismis wrote:If he plays as an outside player, he needs to be near the 30 touches (depending on TOG). If he is running with, he needs 6-8 tackles.

Either way he needs to contribute clearances and either goals or assists.

He is not a kid anymore and needs to step up and take some responsibility.
I think 30 touches is a big ask. We can't expect him to step into our side and rack up McVeigh/Watson/Stanton possessions.

I'd be happy with 20-odd and maybe set up a couple of goals, cos that's his job, innit?!
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

The game seems to have passed Dyson by unfortunately. I think it's time Dyson bit the bullet and headed to LA where I'd imagine he would make a good fist of being a fluffer.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

gringo wrote:The game seems to have passed Dyson by unfortunately. I think it's time Dyson bit the bullet and headed to LA where I'd imagine he would make a good fist of being a fluffer.
I dunno, I reckon he'd enjoy being the fluffee more, I know I would, :shock: :shock: :shock:
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.