R16 v Richmond

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Splodge
Top Up Player

Re: R16 v Richmond

Post by Splodge »

superb effort from the boys in the 2nd half. =D> =D>

Tigers blatant time wasting in the end

Laycock could have won it but not to be.

We were unlikely to make the finals anyroads.

Another lot more plusses than minuses today
Carlton Football Club - Surely a contradiction in terms?
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Ossie wrote:Laycock you are a disgrace. No bottle. I can deal with no talent, see Damien Peverill, but he works his bollocks off and Laycock has no appetite for the battle.

Shithouse.

That said, I am very proud of the side today. Undermanned, one fit man on the bench, 14 men on the injured list and no Dustin, I am still a proud Bomber.
Absolutely. A completely different feeling to the corresponding game earlier this season. We stood up for the jumper today.
Bombers till' I die
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Tough to win with 19 fit players, but the chances were there and they blew them, simple as that.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

We had the last 6 scoring shots of the game... all behinds. Shit I can't remember the last time I heard a stat like that.
Bombers till' I die
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Splodge wrote:superb effort from the boys in the 2nd half. =D> =D>

Tigers blatant time wasting in the end

Laycock could have won it but not to be.

We were unlikely to make the finals anyroads.

Another lot more plusses than minuses today
So could Reimers, Stanton and Lloyd, but none of them kicked the goal we needed either.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Gave them too much of a start. Bowden epitomises why we hate them.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Royza wrote:Gave them too much of a start. Bowden epitomises why we hate them.
No - the umpires gave them too much of a headstart along with Scott Lucas; first three goals from free kicks that weren't there. Kane Johnson - dives into Slattery's legs and gets a free kick. DISGRACEFUL! I was really very upset with our forwards Lucas and Lloyd today - so many times they were nowhere to be seen when our players downfield were looking for a target. When they were, they would always try their best to fall over and turn the ball over to their Richmond opponents. Lloyd should have dominated Thursfield yet Lloyd did his best to let Thursfield get better position so many times. It really was frustrating watching our midfielders bust their guts and for our forwards to do their best to put as little defensive pressure on them. It's been a long time that I've been as angry as I am after losing this game today but I do believe Richmond are plodders still going nowhere. I think we would have gone a long way to putting a nail in Wallace's coffin if we won today.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Disappointing. :(

Despite the progressive depletion of the team, I thought we played well enough and should've won that one.

The effort of the second half was very good, but we nailed our own coffin shut with inaccuracy. I don't blame Laycock either. He was good enough to give us a chance, but like a few others it wasn't enough.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Whilst Laycock did have 2 chances in the dying minutes I thought there were some other times in the second half where we just blew it a bit. Case in point Hille getting caught in the last qtr which resulted in a Richmond goal. He had the opportunity to handball to 3 different Bomber players and had a bit of brain fade and got caught. His form has been outstanding so I forgive him but I think its a bit rough to single out Laycock entirely.

All in all it was a gutsy performance given the injury situation both on and off field.

Although we lost it just doesnt feel like a loss. Well done Bombers.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

They spanked us from the clearances in the last and ran in numbers - despite that we still had a chance to win.

Look at the stupid turn-overs and brain-farts in front of goals by Jetta, Lucas and Hille if you want reasons - what happened in the dying minutes was a symptom of tired bodies.

I was happy that we kept coming - with 19 blokes available this was a great effort.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

hop wrote:They spanked us from the clearances in the last and ran in numbers - despite that we still had a chance to win.

Look at the stupid turn-overs and brain-farts in front of goals by Jetta, Lucas and Hille if you want reasons - what happened in the dying minutes was a symptom of tired bodies.

I was happy that we kept coming - with 19 blokes available this was a great effort.
Spot on. Hille's was a tired decision. Ran all day, but couldn't come off for a rest.

With only 19 fit men, and two of your midfielders out for the day very early, it proved to much. There is no such thing as an honourable loss, but this was close to won. There are more positives from us in this game than Richmond.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Sirvass36
Top Up Player

Post by Sirvass36 »

Laycock is a pathetic joke of a footballer. I pray that we trade him soon. ambles around the ground slow as hell, doesnt tackle and dont seem to like the hard ball, and is obviously terrible under pressure. I do blame him for the loss - professional footballers should atleast get one of those 2 opportunities he had in the last few minutes. I just dont think hes up to it