Lovett suspended for two games

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: Lovett suspended for two games

Post by swoodley »

hop wrote:Yeah take Swoods as a an example - his avatar (pic) use to be a gay looking bloke with a mo sitting with his legs spread staring down the camera lens.
Toughen up and jump on board Cozmo!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been watching series three the last few days (haven't seen it before and got the set for my birthday recently). Hasn't Al changed over the journey?

PS: Do you like my current avatar...I'm listening to it now
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Series 3 is a sweetener for ........ :shock:

No series 4!!!!! - Telemovie in consideration I here. I Hope ******* so - I hate being left dangling.

The new Swoods is :evil:
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

hop wrote:Series 3 is a sweetener for ........ :shock:

No series 4!!!!! - Telemovie in consideration I here. I Hope ******* so - I hate being left dangling.

The new Swoods is :evil:
from wikipedia:

Although there were plans to conclude the series with two special made for TV films, the plans have yet to come to fruition. Several of the series stars have since commented that the series is now unlikely to return. As of 10 October 2007, however, HBO has reasserted the possibility of the two movies, declining to support the notion that the show is dead.[2] In July 2008, HBO finally admitted that the possibility of the two movies taking place was very slim.[3]
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

I'd have no problem with at least shopping him around. He's a senior player. He's setting a bad example to our very young list with this kind of behaviour and there's also the domestic violence issues of last season to consider.

The best thing about shopping Lovett is that his highlight reel is better than just about anyone out there. A club like St Kilda or Freo that has leg speed issues would be very excited about picking him up and we'd probably get great value for him given his actual output (not saying his output is bad, just that his game style means that he's a lot more noticeable than others).

I'd hit the button for a mid to late first round pick, a key defense / ruck prospect or for a younger mid like David Armitage.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

andrewb wrote:I'd have no problem with at least shopping him around. He's a senior player. He's setting a bad example to our very young list with this kind of behaviour and there's also the domestic violence issues of last season to consider.

The best thing about shopping Lovett is that his highlight reel is better than just about anyone out there. A club like St Kilda or Freo that has leg speed issues would be very excited about picking him up and we'd probably get great value for him given his actual output (not saying his output is bad, just that his game style means that he's a lot more noticeable than others).

I'd hit the button for a mid to late first round pick, a key defense / ruck prospect or for a younger mid like David Armitage.
Agree with what you say Andy, but it'll be a cold day in hell before any club offers us a first rounder for Lovett, or a guy like Armitage. I was thinking more like a late second or early third round pick. I expect Freo and Saints to stay away from the trade table this year - their lists are two of the three oldest in the comp if i recall correctly, they need to rebuild from the bottom up, and they've both acquired players via trade over the last 3 years or so for poor outcomes.

One club that i think might value him quite a bit would be Sydney. Their list is also old, but they're always looking at topping up with experienced players (AFL can't afford to have them bottom out to being a basket case like they were 15 years ago), they've got extra salary cap room, and they seem to be able to make trades work pretty well for them as a general rule.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

I'm sorry, one indiscretion too many, f*** him off, we might find a club stupid enough to give us a 1st rounder for him, if not we would definitely get a 2nd rounder for him if not.

Absolutely pathetic by Lovett, we've got an injury list longer than that f****** Yarra and he decides to go out and get on the piss all night on a Sunday f****** night knowing he has to be at training the following day. Stupid, pathetic, idiotic decision that has let the club and his teammates down yet again. Too many times this year, too many times in his career, does not show enough respect for the club or his teammates and is setting a f****** appalling example for the younger players, he has to be f***** off now.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ealesy wrote:I'm sorry, one indiscretion too many, f*** him off, we might find a club stupid enough to give us a 1st rounder for him, if not we would definitely get a 2nd rounder for him if not.

Absolutely pathetic by Lovett, we've got an injury list longer than that f****** Yarra and he decides to go out and get on the piss all night on a Sunday f****** night knowing he has to be at training the following day. Stupid, pathetic, idiotic decision that has let the club and his teammates down yet again. Too many times this year, too many times in his career, does not show enough respect for the club or his teammates and is setting a f****** appalling example for the younger players, he has to be f***** off now.
Good to see you back in form ealsey! :lol:
Essendunny
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Earlier this season was bad another Benny, given his past history, but to do it a second time shows that he simply does not respect the club, his team-mates or himself.

If that's not bad enough he does when we barely have enough players to field a team. Sorry, not acceptable, repeat offender, time to get rid of him, or at the very least be writing behavioural conditions into his contract.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ealesy wrote:Earlier this season was bad another Benny, given his past history, but to do it a second time shows that he simply does not respect the club, his team-mates or himself.

If that's not bad enough he does when we barely have enough players to field a team. Sorry, not acceptable, repeat offender, time to get rid of him, or at the very least be writing behavioural conditions into his contract.
Yeah I agree with this. And I think that suspending him from the team isn't really getting the message through to him. Perhaps penalising his pocket - fine him (or any other player) $$$$ when they break team rules. I'm quite annoyed and disappointed with his repeated disrespect also, but hardly in the same class as Richard Cole who simply didn't give a f*** off or on the field. At least Lovett has shown some heart and passion on the field this year......and has been quite consistent.
Essendunny
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

Staggy wrote:
Filthy wrote:Koala said this over at BB:

"with a group of 42 males, in the age group they are in, someone is going to stuff up some time. Thank goodness it's just getting on the grog and missing one training session. Could be far worse.

And yes, I know, he's done it before, but he's also had a shitload of problems to work through. I'll still stand by him
."

Knowing Carla and how close she is to the list and Club, I'll think I'll take her word on this one. :wink:
Lets be honest - Carla would support a player if he was a F****** serial killer...
:lol:

there are actually some players at the club that... ummm... what's the best way to put this.... delicately.... ummm.... I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire!
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

I would like Essendon Football club to make a statement by trading Lovett despite being a big fan. I don't care if we lose in the short term but I think it will have a positive effect on our young playing group. They'll know that they have to give 100% to EFC and anything less is unacceptable. He's let the club, team-mates and supporters down once too often. We put up with this crap earlier in the decade and that's part of the reason that we got stuck in a hole for so long. Fortunately it looks like we might finally be coming out of this hole and I definitely don't want Lovett to influence our young list with his poor attitude and behaviour.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Lovett for Prismall + a pick.

Not sure if I'd be trading him yet but he certainly isn't doing himself any favours. In person he seems like a good bloke, but he is skating on thin ice with these continual training misses.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Geez we could have used him yesterday. I hope he realises how much he has let the team down.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Ossie wrote:Geez we could have used him yesterday. I hope he realises how much he has let the team down.
Was thinking the same thing all the way home Ossie!

Blaming the guys out there who missed easy shots, or turned the ball over was inevitable - but for the most part those 19 "fit" guys gave everything for the team yesterday and they came within an ace of beating a more fancied opponent who had a full list to rotate.

Lovett may or may not have made the difference - we will never know. HOWEVER his stupid behaviour didn't leave us with the opportunity!

He needs to make a big statement on resumption or we should look to off-load him. I say this with a heavy heart as he is one of my fav's when he is up and about.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.