Greg Williams - Once a Prick, always a Prick.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Madden
Club Captain

Greg Williams - Once a Prick, always a Prick.

Post by Madden »

Im sure a few here saw this article this morning.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 22,00.html

Greg Williams is apparently about to launch legal action in a bid to be recognised as the joint winner of the 1993 Brownlow Medal. The basis for this is that one of the umpires has made a statement saying that Williams was overlooked because he back-chatted them all day.

Guess what Greg? The Brownlow medal is awarded by the votes of the umpires, not by some objective standard of who was BOG. And you know what? If you want the umpires to give you votes, maybe it would be best to not snipe and bitch at them all day.

You already won the medal twice, and its been 13 years since 1993. So shut the f**k up and stop your bitching.

Thoughts?
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Interesting situation really.

There's no doubt (imo) that he was dudded that day. How can you get 44 possessions and not get a vote.

The umpires excuse that they couldn't see his handballing from in the packs is:

A) Crap

and

B) Bad news for Scotty West tonight.

And before all the Williams haters start saying he got what he deserved, just remember how you felt when Hirdy didn't get a vote the week after he bagged the umpires on the footy show when he was clearly in the best three on the ground if not the best. [-X
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

He won't actually launch legal action; he's got no grounds to. Any lawyer will tell him to take his medicine and sulk in private. The Brownlow votes are awarded to the players who are the BEST and FAIREST on a given day, so whilst Williams might've been the best, if he was swearing all day at the umpires then they are entitled to not give him any votes because he wasn't 'fair'.

The only way he might have grounds for a legal challenge, IMO, is if there is a definition of what "fairest" means. If "fairest" simply means you have to not be suspended to be eligible, then maybe he could challenge. However, if "fairest" is undefined as i assume it is, then the umpires can use whatever means they like to determine what fair is, and Williams wouldn't have any hope in hell of a legal challenge.

But what opportunistic timing but a true wanker of the game. He sure has picked his moment to go public - the day of the Brownlow count!!!

Besides, i don't think anyone can deny that umpires take into account personal grudges when awarding votes. It's a well-known fact and that clowns like Derek Humphrey-Smith can claim that umpires don't take such grudges into account is such rubbish.

Remember when Hird single handedly won that game against West Coast 3 days after he publicly bagged Scott McLaren, and then he got 0 votes? I remember the entire Paladium Room pretty much laughing, and when the cameras did a close up of Hird at that very moment, he simply chuckled and gave a wry smile. That's the difference between a true champion and a petulant, arrogant toss-bag like Williams in a nutshell.
beer-man
Club Captain

Post by beer-man »

swoodley wrote:
And before all the Williams haters start saying he got what he deserved, just remember how you felt when Hirdy didn't get a vote the week after he bagged the umpires on the footy show when he was clearly in the best three on the ground if not the best. [-X
I felt like he got what he deserved given the award is for the best and fairist.....not just the best.
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

Sean Denham said it best: "have a look at the scoreboard you fat c***"

It was williams' own teammates who got the votes anyway so does he want the votes taken off them. Besides, chances are williams picked up votes he shouldnt have got throughout the year anyway. f*** him!
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

I laughed when I read this and earlier this year you did not hear Chris Grant carry on over Bronlow controveries.

In this matter I'd like to quote umprie Russo.

f*** HIM!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

haha hope he gets nothing and totally disgraced, how would wanganeen be feeling at the moment?? oh wait Williams does't care! wanker!!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

The fat c*** got what he deserved. He was a f****** whining prick who I hate more than Bluey.

Should consider his 2 medals a f****** bonus, because he was a selfish weak cock sucker of a footballer. SEAN DENHAM"S BITCH!!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Im just wondering whether Williams has a look at some of the games that he didnt deserve to get a vote, yet still managed to get one. Should we then take votes off him and he hands back his medal?
mollard
Top Up Player

Post by mollard »

He should be laughed at by the entire football community. Has made it clear what everyone suspected anyway. He was only in the game for personal gain and stuff everyone else. Just a shocker of a bloke.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Another example of unprofessionalism from the umpires.

Remember Hird's game after his FS faux pas? No votes, won the game and had at least a dozen possessions in the Q4.

They obviously need a chaperone when adjudicating votes as they take too much into consideration.

As for William's... :D :D :lol: :lol: :P :P ...ya big sook. :D
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

What Robbie said.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

44 possessions back then, probably isn't the same as getting 44 today. Very stiff not to get 1 stinkin' vote... He was a tool though... :roll:
Marillion
Top Up Player

Post by Marillion »

Sook! Just gives us ANOTHER reason to hate Carlton,as if we don't have enough now! That club is the laughing stock of the AFL,12 Million in Debt,had to ask AFL for money early this year to pay staff,hopeless on field for 5 years,their members turning on the club,Graham Smorgan,the man who knows NOTHING about Football and tells the Coach what to do and who to recruit.OH HOW THE ONCE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN!...... :lol:
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

A champion footballer must be a champion in every way. The way they play plus the way they are graceful in defeat.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 22,00.html

More on this today. Looks like the legal submission is going ahead (which surprises me).

This guy is a dead set tool. Its not like its a tragic case where he didnt get any rewards in his career. He missed out in 1993 - so what? Im sure the other 2 Brownlows, Premiership Medal, multipleAll-Australian awards and countless Big V selections will keep him warm at night.

I said it before and ill say it again: once a prick, always a prick.
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

It's a best and fairest award. Abusing umpires is not fair play. End of story.

Our game is full of people who "deserve" a Brownlow and never get one. We saw a bloke last night in Scott West who has been a champion for years once again go unrewarded, and not bitch about it like a whining turd.

Williams, suck my balls. You were a c*** then, you're a c*** now. You have contributed absolutlely nothing to the game and consequently it owes you nothing in return.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I always thought the bloke was a tool and a FIGJAM.
Now I know it for sure.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

I don't think any umpires have ever changed their mind on a decision. Especially not 10 years after the fact. F*ck off Williams you turd. Arrogant wanker.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

NO-ONE is going to consider him a brownlow winner in 1993 regardless of the outcome to this!

what a tosser!! f*** off somewhere else