Who will be the new Quinn?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
danstar84
Club Captain

Re: Who will be the new Quinn?

Post by danstar84 »

jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

How the hell did we get 25 posts into this thread without mentioning arguably the most obvious candidate!?.....

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Based on the success Quinn had:

Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:How the hell did we get 25 posts into this thread without mentioning arguably the most obvious candidate!?.....

HA! That's F****** brilliant!!

=D> =D> =D>
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Damn I cant believe the greatest Doctor of them all has not cracked a nomination

ACTUALLY, I THINK IT MAY BE MARK BOLTON PLAYING DRESS UPS

Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

danstar84 wrote:Image
Where did you find that?! =D> =P~
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Ossie wrote:
Where did you find that?! =D> =P~
Eneama anybody???

Yes F****** please!!!!!
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Filthy wrote:
All the guys will revert back to breast feeding :roll:
So they could get a mouthful of silicon milk?
Essendunny
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

Fremantle fitness and conditioning coach Adam Larcom has resigned but maintains there was no confrontation with players over his training program.

Larcom, who quit the Dockers at the weekend, will return to Victoria to be closer to 11-year-old son Michael, work as a physiotherapist and complete a masters degree in biomechanics. He has not ruled out another role at a football club.

Larcom said he left the Dockers on good terms. He acknowledged that some players had asked that he cut down their training workload, but dismissed reports of an angry confrontation with senior players.

Larcom leaves the Dockers with probably the best soft tissue injury rate in the AFL. He was a confidant of coach Chris Connolly but said his role at the club had been greatly exaggerated by critics, in particular his part in Fremantle's much discussed player rotation.

Fremantle players (excluding rookies) missed seven weeks this season due to soft tissue injuries. The league average was 45 weeks.

"For the record, I want to say that I had no role in picking the team, I was not on the match committee. I had input into the fitness of players. The coach had the end say on it all. My role in rotations was that I sat on the bench," he said.

"We had a system with the midfield group to maintain their intensity during the game. I would give a message to Simon Eastaugh (assistant coach) who was in the box next to the coach and the coach would have the end say on everything."

Connolly hand-picked Larcom as Fremantle's fitness adviser. They worked together at Hawthorn before joining Fremantle at the end of 2001.

Larcom, a self-confessed perfectionist, described his fitness program as hard and regimented. He believed that it had served the club well but might have irked some players towards the end of his three year stint.

"It is like anything, I guess there are some players who may not like that approach," he said.

Does this bloke sound like what the Bombers are after?
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

CameronClayton wrote:Does this bloke sound like what the Bombers are after?
Sounds like it. Given our shocking record of soft-tissue injuries, particularly hammies this year, it could be a goer.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Ossie wrote:
CameronClayton wrote:Does this bloke sound like what the Bombers are after?
Sounds like it. Given our shocking record of soft-tissue injuries, particularly hammies this year, it could be a goer.
Maybe. Wouldn't be suprised if it is a done deal and that is why he has gone.

but also fremantle are as weak as piss.

I wonder if John Quinn will end up at fremantle? Is there some other connection between Essendon and Freo the average punter is not aware of?
Last edited by tom9779 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

I put up a post about Larcom a few months ago... BenDoolan pointed to some articles saying that he'd been at St Kilda when things were going shite.

Not sure.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

andrewb wrote:I put up a post about Larcom a few months ago... BenDoolan pointed to some articles saying that he'd been at St Kilda when things were going shite.

Not sure.
His record aint flash.
Thomas adds insult to injury
By Caroline Wilson
May 13, 2005

The inescapable conclusion from Grant Thomas' continued tendency to ruminate upon St Kilda's perhaps preventable injury woes is that Chris Jones, the fitness guru Thomas lured to the club when he was Tim Watson's football director, is unlikely to remain at Moorabbin beyond 2005.

Thomas denies as much and believes he is paying the price for honesty, but the truth is that while Chris Connolly might have broken the AFL coaches' code of conduct this week by attacking Terry Wallace, the Saints coach has broken a more subtle code by indulging in the blame game.

Thomas has now questioned the performance of his 'training services' team three times during the first seven weeks of the 2005 season. Angry at not being informed that several of his young players had taken caffeine before the Brisbane clash in round one, Thomas demanded to know why more than half his side had become dehydrated and cramped.

The following Monday saw a fiery meeting with Jones and his team, which now includes former Fremantle fitness chief Adam Larcom. Thomas has placed Jones on notice before, notably in his first year as coach, when the Saints' injury problems ranked as diabolical, but kept the faith. The pair clashed also in South Africa at the pre-season training camp.

Now, having lost Justin Koschitzke and Robert Harvey for up to one month apiece with recurring hamstring injuries, Thomas has - first after the loss to Geelong six days ago, then again two days ago - implied the injuries could have been prevented by a better performance from off-field staff.

THE SORE SAINTS
MAJOR SOFT-TISSUE INJURIES THIS YEAR
Robert Harvey hamstring (recurrence)
Justin Koschitzke hamstring (recurrence)
Aussie Jones calf
Leigh Montagna hamstring
Leigh Fisher hamstring
Stephen Powell back
Xavier Clarke thigh, hamstring
Matthew Ferguson hamstring

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some comments from Fremantle supporters some time ago.....

You suck, Larcom
I may have been wrong about Larcom. Seems like he brings the suck wherever he goes.

"The inescapable conclusion from Grant Thomas' continued tendency to ruminate upon St Kilda's perhaps preventable injury woes is that Chris Jones, the fitness guru Thomas lured to the club when he was Tim Watson's football director, is unlikely to remain at Moorabbin beyond 2005."

You've got the wrong scapegoat there, Grant.

"The following Monday saw a fiery meeting with Jones and his team, which now includes former Fremantle fitness chief Adam Larcom. Thomas has placed Jones on notice before, notably in his first year as coach, when the Saints' injury problems ranked as diabolical, but kept the faith. The pair clashed also in South Africa at the pre-season training camp."

Warmer, warmer, warmer. Someone ought to check Larcom's qualifications. I'm beginning to think he's as qualified at providing fitness services as Grant Thomas is at coaching an AFL side
Bloody Adam Larcom
The Saints would have beaten Melbourne by 100 points if bloody Larcom wasn't poisoning the harmony and ambience at Moorabbian. It was a masterstroke by the Fremantle Football Club to dump this clown. Let the Saints players suffer his dieting and conditioning advice. Clearly he was the reason behind the failure of 2004
There have been other articles and comments, but can't find them now. Sounds like a poor man's John Quinn......
Essendunny
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I feel better already.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Based on this year, I think we may need:

Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Sismis wrote:Based on this year, I think we may need:

hahaha....my vote is firmly with Buddy Christ.