Gringo's Junkety Junk Pile...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Gringo's Junkety Junk Pile...

Post by andrewb »

Just wondering Gringo, who is left in your junk pile?

It seems that all the players that you used to can have either come good or moved on... What do you do at the footy these days?
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Gringo's Junkety Junk Pile...

Post by Crazyman »

andrewb wrote:Just wondering Gringo, who is left in your junk pile?

It seems that all the players that you used to can have either come good or moved on... What do you do at the footy these days?
Take the false teeth and support the Filth :wink: :lol:
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Yes, the junk pile is looking much less substantial than it once did. I was looking forward to throwing Knights on at the end of year and having a yuletide bonfire to which I was going to invite all BT members. Alas it appears that I won't be able to do this. I never thought I'd see the day when Dyson would pick himself up off the pile. Mind you, he hasn't gone too far away and I'm watching carefully should he again warrant being returned to the pile.

It's an odd feeling but I'm enjoying watching my junk pile diminish. Now I direct my cynicism towards over-exicted BTers.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

I must admit I was intrigued that Dyson had dragged himself from the mire so quickly. He has probably played one effective game all season.

Has this Gringo character perhaps become one of the "over-exicted BTers" towards whom your cynicism is directed?
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Bit harsh on the Gring, I think his strike rate is still quite healthy.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Don't worry, just taking the piss.
Chris
Top Up Player

Post by Chris »

andrewb wrote:I must admit I was intrigued that Dyson had dragged himself from the mire so quickly. He has probably played one effective game all season.

Has this Gringo character perhaps become one of the "over-exicted BTers" towards whom your cynicism is directed?
I'm with you Andrew!! Getting soft Mr Gringo? One good performance after years of squandered talent does not an AFL level player make, I still recall a similar breakout performance for the legendary Cory McGrath! What a champion of Essendon he was. Dyson remains on my scrap heap (wont impreach the copywright you have on Junk Pile) and I'm still convinced he is destined for VFL greatness. It will take a lot more performances strung together like that one before I'm convinced otherwise.

Surely you can still find room on the pile for Laycock, I can’t believe he and Dyson escape your notorious cynicism so easily.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Chris wrote:
andrewb wrote:I must admit I was intrigued that Dyson had dragged himself from the mire so quickly. He has probably played one effective game all season.

I'm with you Andrew!! Getting soft Mr Gringo? One good performance after years of squandered talent does not an AFL level player make, I still recall a similar breakout performance for the legendary Cory McGrath! What a champion of Essendon he was. Dyson remains on my scrap heap (wont impreach the copywright you have on Junk Pile) and I'm still convinced he is destined for VFL greatness. It will take a lot more performances strung together like that one before I'm convinced otherwise.

Surely you can still find room on the pile for Laycock, I can’t believe he and Dyson escape your notorious cynicism so easily.
Hmmm. Fair call on Dyson – but I was super impressed with his game on the weekend and he showed he can do it. I have never seen that before. As I said, he's been moved off the junk pile/bonfire, but I'm watching him like a hawk with my industrial grade yard-broom. As for Laycock, his ruckwork in the middle has been very good lately. He's made a few glaringly obvious mistakes, but at the same time, some of the disposal to him has been a disgrace. He's got the characteristics of a good ruckmen. It wasn't long ago that Hille was captain of my junk pile. Now he's flying higher than Joe Cocker/Mark Gasnier.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.