Did anyone else know this? Well done EFC!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
brad
Top Up Player

Did anyone else know this? Well done EFC!

Post by brad »

While reading an article from the Herald/Sun about today's game I came across this post about the article.

ATT: EFC and Matthew Lloyd, Congratulations on today Performance not only on field but more off field, Giving your Mosquito Fleet Members Free tickets for todays game has done more for our proud club off field as my two younger children (Aged 8) went to there First Home and Away game and have not stopped talking about it, Lloyd's Mark of the Year, Lloyd's 8 Goals and of course coming away with the win.If only CONEX made Kids Tickets cheaper to travel by Train!!! and then they still can not get a seat to sit on.... Anyway thankyou for making them have a great day today Matty. GO Bombers 4 more win left in us..

Posted by: Goring Family of ChirnsidePark 10:58pm today

Very happy to read this. Well done! vingertje
Lenni
Top Up Player

Re: Did anyone else know this? Well done EFC!

Post by Lenni »

Actually, it was definitely not just mosquito fleet members, our oldest sons' Auskick group all went today curtesy of EFC, and none of them are even members. So I'm unsure what criteria they had for who to send the tickets to, as our son who is a mosquito fleet member also, didn't receive any, but having said this he is a highmark with reserved seat member also, so most definitely didn't need a ticket. But the children at Auskick were very excited to get their tickets in the mail, and it was all sent out early to mid April.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Yes my daughter was given free tickets for today's game (she could take a friend along). So my mate (who I go with at home games with our membership) decided to take his daughter for the first time today. We all sat in the General Admission area and had a great time. My daughter witnessed that magnificent mark and went nuts! She is lucky to have her Bomber cap signed by Matty Lloyd and had great joy in waving it around after every goal and especially after that mark.

8)
Essendunny
vern
On the Rookie List

Post by vern »

brad wrote:.If only CONEX made Kids Tickets cheaper to travel by Train!!! and then they still can not get a seat to sit on....
Do they charge even if you have a game ticket? Up here in Brissie to encourage patrons to use public transport anyone with game ticket(Broncos, Lions, Roar) gets free buses and trains to the games. Maybe something for Connex to consider.

Great to see the club encouraging kids and families to come along to the footy on a Saturday afternoon. They'll never forget things like Lloyd's mark and may just guarantee future membership.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Before the Tigers game they also had 2 dozen mossie fleeters out on the G doing a small footy clinic. You had to have your ticket for that one.
jjono
High Draft Pick

Post by jjono »

vern wrote:
brad wrote:.If only CONEX made Kids Tickets cheaper to travel by Train!!! and then they still can not get a seat to sit on....
Do they charge even if you have a game ticket? Up here in Brissie to encourage patrons to use public transport anyone with game ticket(Broncos, Lions, Roar) gets free buses and trains to the games. Maybe something for Connex to consider.

Great to see the club encouraging kids and families to come along to the footy on a Saturday afternoon. They'll never forget things like Lloyd's mark and may just guarantee future membership.

Same in Perth. Your game ticket gets you free public transport travel 2.5 hrs before bounce down, and 2.5 hrs after final siren. Rather good of them actually, you get a chance for a few refreshing ales either side of the game, and still get to travel free!
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

What a great idea. Wish Connex would copy that here, but not likely. They are known all around the world for being utter bastards. Wish Kennett hadn't sold our public transport system off to private business (= sold down the drain).
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Makes it tough on me Jjono,if it ever applied to the WAFL.The morning anyway,with a 9.15AM Bouncedown. :lol:
jjono
High Draft Pick

Post by jjono »

grassy1 wrote:Makes it tough on me Jjono,if it ever applied to the WAFL.The morning anyway,with a 9.15AM Bouncedown. :lol:

:lol: The refreshing ales grassy, or the transport???
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

BenDoolan wrote:Yes my daughter was given free tickets for today's game (she could take a friend along). So my mate (who I go with at home games with our membership) decided to take his daughter for the first time today. We all sat in the General Admission area and had a great time. My daughter witnessed that magnificent mark and went nuts! She is lucky to have her Bomber cap signed by Matty Lloyd and had great joy in waving it around after every goal and especially after that mark.

8)

That's tops :)