Mckinley

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
LND
Top Up Player

Mckinley

Post by LND »

Who the f**k is he.

Why do half assed forwards always kill us? Kingsley, and now this bloke.

Why?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Mckinley

Post by BenDoolan »

LND wrote:Who the f**k is he.

Why do half assed forwards always kill us? Kingsley, and now this bloke.

Why?
Haha....yes....I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing.
Essendunny
LND
Top Up Player

Post by LND »

It happens too far too much for.

Do we relax when we come across half assed footballers?
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Mckinley going to be a very good player for West Coast but he was kicking everything today. What I found frustrating was has beens like Fletcher, Braun and Lynch shat all over us today. That attempted tackle by Lloyd on Lynch was one hell of a squib effort but that prick goes on to kick the goal. I just knew it wasn't going to be our day. Then Braun reading the ball just forward of centre and the dog running on to kick the goal. Then Fletcher intercepting an absolute clanger from NLM.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Always seen him as potential good player, just unfortunately he showed it against us.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I heard that he was an Essendon supporter, any chance of getting him?
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

Well I figured I would wait and not say nothing on here until I had witnessed my side first hand. (Cant beleive I had a wedding for the Fremantle game and got to this one but this is all I have to go on LIVE).

First McKinley is no half arsed forward. He lacks muscle at this stage but has the potential to be one of west Caosts finest in the future and is important for them going forward. In saying that he was above average for them today.

But who wasnt, we made gutless inadequate players like Fletcher, Nicoski and co look like champagnge footballers today. Thank christ they weren't at full strength.

I am at this stage a little intoxicated and have taken my fair share of ribbings from amtes ant public on the train home but will try and make this as positive as possible . Dissapointed - yes but it probably realistically reflects where we are.

I was pleased to a point watching the boys play it out. Stupid mistakes (as they did all day) cost us in the last of maybe an unlikely win. But we were young, and this late in the year I think alot of them younger players are starting to feel the pinch. I am sure under different circumstances Knights would have liked to ease these younger players in, but injuries are there and the kids (frustrating at times) are trying and for the most giving a good sight of themselves.

But like I said I have reserved my opinion until now. LAYCOCK - AKA LIMPCOCK. Made Seaby look fantastic (he has struggled for form in the WAFL) and is his second efforts, throw the first efforts in there as well are weak. Not just weak embarrasing, head goes down and honestly if I was playing with him and having to run after one of his players all the time I would shoove his head up his arse on the way past. Cut him loose, you cant get blood from a stone.

Stanton - Did he forget his teddybear and sleep bad over here. Look you guys in the east see him more than I and TV is biased so will let that one go as off day.

Big Mal - Game has passed for him pace and smarts. Been good & serviceable but no need to play him again.

And last but not least, NLM - He can run fast and ......... yeah exactly thats it, no brain, no awareness, and a liability. Would be dissapointed to see him there again next year, pace does not make a footballer and being fast does not replace having a football head...

All in all with the injuries we have was not that bad after half time, young sides can drop heads and this one stayed with it up until the final siren. Doesn't excuse not turning up in the first half or underestimating there oponents (a mistake they will learn from) but it show character and thats something I will pay to see.

Like I said you guys in the east see these guys live (half your luck ) alot more often than me & I have reserved my opinion on only one game. Apologies for any spelling misdemeanours (for the anal on here) but alcohol does impare the typing skills...
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

McKinley reminds me of a young Lloyd and has so since his debut. I think he'll be a gun.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Mckinley will be a very good player. Not surprised he kicked a bag, he is their main forward already.

Was a mad Essendon supporter, and rumours say he cried on draft day when he got drafted. Has been whispers that he is home sick, and if true would love him to come to Essendon. We can hardly get one of Gumby and Neagle on the field, let alone both. And the three of them together, if it could ever happen, would be pretty awesome.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Gossy wrote:Mckinley will be a very good player. Not surprised he kicked a bag, he is their main forward already.

Was a mad Essendon supporter, and rumours say he cried on draft day when he got drafted. Has been whispers that he is home sick, and if true would love him to come to Essendon. We can hardly get one of Gumby and Neagle on the field, let alone both. And the three of them together, if it could ever happen, would be pretty awesome.
He is out of contract at the end of the year and seriously wants to come home.

We'd be silly not to make a play for him.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Knighta, make it happen.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

He obviously chose the team to shine against then - Prick!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Ben McKinley is an excellent footballer. He was a star forward for Vic Metro in the same Under 18s Champs that saw the likes of Ryder, Marc Murphy, Xavier Ellis, Nathan Jones, etc exhibit their talents. Lined up along side Jay Neagle actually, and I thought he showed a whole lot more than Neagle back then.

He will be a very, very good footballer, and will likely be the long term answer to WCE ongoing problem of not having a key position forward. Hansen and Lynch are more like band-aids than serious prospects. McKinley will be a very good forward. He's been held back from playing too many senior games but has started to come to the fore and work out his AFL game throughout this season.

He's one to watch.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant