Johns CUT!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
F111
Essendon Legend

Johns CUT!

Post by F111 »

Yep. Gorn.

C10: he's been told that he's being cut.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Johns CUT!

Post by BenDoolan »

No real surprise unfortunately. Feel sorry for the guy. Cruel injuries really hampered what might have been for his early talent. I guess he would be really gutted by the cards he has been dealt.
Essendunny
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

All the physical attributes to be a brilliant player... great speed off the mark, strong, hard at the ball and huuuuuuuuuuuuuge. Unfortunately, he just couldn't stay on the park. Was never a great footballer, either, though that could have been because he played so few games.

Wouldn't be surprised if Melbourne drafted him with a late pick.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Filthy wrote:Not surprising.

Lee, now him....the domino's are falling punters....expect more surprises/grief....change = turmoil = success.

Good luck to him though...if only they bring back the 2's to WH and hire him as a not quite good enough AFL player amongst the 12 we need to do so...............
Am I missing something?? I actually haven't heard it announced on C7 news or on the website on either player (Lee & Johns). Is it rumour or fact?
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Footy show showed an interview of Johns' Manager ... Jess

Seems CJ is about to sue the EFC (through Slater and Gordon) for an unsafe workplace ... as he did his knee at the bendio ground...

Disappointing given the massive support the club has given an injury prone player through years of his rehabilitation ... so he finally got onto the ground ... no comment on his impact there!

Hmmm ... can we fans sue CJ for false advertising and unfairly raised expectations ??? :wink:

Cheers - sti
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Sureoy he hasnt got the cheek to sue the EFC?? no one is that big of a cnt... Well no one that isnt associated with Carlton anyway

I reckon he would be sueing the council or who ever looks after the ground that he did it on
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

bomberdonnie wrote:Sureoy he hasnt got the cheek to sue the EFC?? no one is that big of a cnt... Well no one that isnt associated with Carlton anyway

I reckon he would be sueing the council or who ever looks after the ground that he did it on
Well it was that font of fact .. Hutchy who seems to sheet ithome to the AFL!

Seems to me that CJ and his manager are not very positive about CJ's future in the AFL

Cheers - sti
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

sti dreams wrote:Footy show showed an interview of Johns' Manager ... Jess

Seems CJ is about to sue the EFC (through Slater and Gordon) for an unsafe workplace ... as he did his knee at the bendio ground...

Disappointing given the massive support the club has given an injury prone player through years of his rehabilitation ... so he finally got onto the ground ... no comment on his impact there!

Hmmm ... can we fans sue CJ for false advertising and unfairly raised expectations ??? :wink:

Cheers - sti
I think that would be action against the AFL rather than the EFC. And I'm pretty sure he did his knee at the TEAC Oval against Port Melbourne....
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

bomberdonnie wrote:Sureoy he hasnt got the cheek to sue the EFC?? no one is that big of a cnt... Well no one that isnt associated with Carlton anyway

Well it was that font of fact .. Hutchy who seems to sheet it home to the AFL!

Seems to me that CJ and his manager are not very positive about CJ's future in the AFL

Cheers - sti
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

sti dreams wrote:Hmmm ... can we fans sue CJ for false advertising and unfairly raised expectations ??? :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:.

Johns engaged in misleading and deceptive conduct in his attempts to portray himself as a footballer.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
sti dreams wrote:Hmmm ... can we fans sue CJ for false advertising and unfairly raised expectations ??? :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:.

Johns engaged in misleading and deceptive conduct in his attempts to portray himself as a footballer.
Jason Lazyboy would be very interested in the outcome
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

BenDoolan wrote:
sti dreams wrote:Footy show showed an interview of Johns' Manager ... Jess

Cheers - sti
I think that would be action against the AFL rather than the EFC. And I'm pretty sure he did his knee at the TEAC Oval against Port Melbourne....
Correct weight. He's most welcome to take up his issues with either AFL Victoria or Port Melbourne.

We (yes, you and me) paid his wages for 5 years of forgettable football. Fair enough, we made that decision, but at any other club he would have been cut years ago. We should sue him.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Players suing has worked before.
Joe Misiti # his jaw on the G cricket pitch. I believe he received something nice and dandy for that.
Sean Rehn...slipped on the Adelaide ball bounce disc and did his knee from memory. Disc removed, but I'm unsure of the outcome of a lawsuit???

The ground itself is interesting. Subiaco used to have a certain flank where players did their knee didn't they?

Johns needs to get on with his life now. He was given the chance to follow his dream, but his early hip issues and all the other little things along the way robbed him of his footy future. He never displayed real footy knowse, and that may be his real downfall.

Does he do anything other than footy?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Play for East Fremantle. 8)

It would be Bloody JESS filling his head with Ideas.

If PETER JESS was that FUSSED about these Workplaces,then it was HIS JOB to get each and EVERY Playing Surfaces in AUSTRALIA assessed and then DECLARE ALL Grounds were FIT and PROPER Workplaces for his players to WORK ON Before the Season started.PRE-SEASON!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I think Steve Alessio tried to sue for stress fratures of his foot due to the hard centre of the MCG or Dome (I can't remember) and I also can't remember if he was successful.
Essendunny
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

disappointing all round.

i still reckon the kid had something - despite what Rosso and others will tell you. I think injuries have prevented him getting him where he should be - I also reckon he has was poorly coached by Sheeds - in terms of giving him one game then sending him to the seconds on and off. I reckon he would be an ideal FF - and if he can get fit and on the park - dont be surprised to see him come back into AFL ranks.

as for the suing issue - seems ridiculous to me - there are hundreds of players who have probably played on that ground - it can't be safe for all of them and unsafe for one guy who has always been unlucky with injury. I think CJ is getting very bad advice.
Chris
Top Up Player

Post by Chris »

tonysoprano wrote:disappointing all round.

i still reckon the kid had something - despite what Rosso and others will tell you. I think injuries have prevented him getting him where he should be - I also reckon he has was poorly coached by Sheeds - in terms of giving him one game then sending him to the seconds on and off. I reckon he would be an ideal FF - and if he can get fit and on the park - dont be surprised to see him come back into AFL ranks.

as for the suing issue - seems ridiculous to me - there are hundreds of players who have probably played on that ground - it can't be safe for all of them and unsafe for one guy who has always been unlucky with injury. I think CJ is getting very bad advice.
I agree, I think he had something and barring injury and mismanagement (should never have been primed as a defender when he was clearly a straight line leading FF) could have made a strong FF option and still might get picked up as a mature aged rookie if he gets his body right. Personally, I'd like to see him as a one out FF at a club like the dogs, melbourne or freo, three clubs who could use a strong leading forward (although the dogs are going ok with Welsh).

Nevertheless it was a good descision, I think Neagle looks to be a far more promising FF prospect at this stage with his youth and the fact he hasnt had the major injury woes during those vital development years making it far more likley he will be our man for the FF job after Lloyd and Lucus.

With Gumby our CHF prospect, Daniher our likely CHB prospect (or the other way round)and Pears or Ryder at FB (I still would like to see Ryder in the ruck soon), i dont see a spot for Johns even if he does come good.
DONISBEST
Top Up Player

Post by DONISBEST »

Essendon team was too focused on Lloyd or Lucas up forward and Johns was the decoy, so
his stats were never going to good. I have watched games when he was open inside 50 and players consistantly kicked over his head and went to Lloyd or Lucas with players hanging off them.
He was probably the only player we had with a solid body the looked like a footballer, except Mal (retired).
If he gets his body right next year don't be surprised if Mark Harvey drafts him for Freo or
West Coast.

good luck C.J.

Too young to retire or give up.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Not much of a fan for suing. Interesting to see if any medical types could place any responsibility of the knee injury on his hip? I'm sure everyone whose ever had a medium/long term leg or back injury in here can account for it making your other leg quite sore - surely a long term hip injury could throw out the way you walk or run, and put extra stress on your knees and slightly change the way they function?
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Is it a certainty that both Johns and Lee have been told they will be delisted? I had a feeling they would anyway.

I didnt think Johns was suing the Essendon footy club i thought he was suing the AFL or Port Melbourne or something about the state of the ground. Not sure how he will go with that one.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does get an AFL home next year, he is a nice sized player.