Nice One, Team

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Nice One, Team

Post by The Fly »

Thank you very much for honouring a club champion's 250th game milestone in such a piss weak and insipid manner. =D>

How f****** disgraceful. :x

Brent Stanton, grow a ticker. Or f*** off.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Nice One, Team

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

The Fly wrote:Thank you very much for honouring a club champion's 250th game milestone in such a piss weak and insipid manner. =D>

How f****** disgraceful. :x

Brent Stanton, grow a ticker. Or f*** off.
I agree that we were very disappointing today but its a little harsh on Stants. Yeah he has been down on form for a few weeks but he has had a pretty good season i thought.
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Post by The Fly »

Harsh maybe, but I've never been a fan of his lack of courage, in fact I hate it, and he demonstrated his ability to short-step again today.

He is also wearing the gurnsey of a bloke that was the epitomy of courage...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

gotta agree - Stanton has some real problems with going in where bodies re likely to get hurt.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Just heard the great man himself on AW and he noted that the lack of selection pressure could be having an effect. I.e. guys are getting selected even when they dont deserve it because there simply isnt anyone else to put in. I wonder who specifically he was referring to ?
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

This sort of performance was always on the cards. We've been terrible for the last 2 weeks against the two worst sides in the competition, because our players are totally spent. We had 20 men for the entire second half today (in addition to our already huge injury list) and Adelaide are a fit side.

I think the players are thinking what i'm thinking: this season's done, let's get it over with already.
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

f****** piss weak today....we took a number of steps backwards.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

If you couldn't figure out that we were going to get smashed after Fletcher and Dempsey left the field there is something wrong with you. This result was predicted by everyone around me - we'll simply get run off our legs.
Essendunny
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

For whatever reason, we have looked very flat the last 3 games.
Maybe it is all the injuries and therefore lack of selection pressure.

Also, today we seemed to slip back to where we were earlier in the season - too much handball, missing targets, turning it over, obsessed with playing on for its own sake. Bad habits! :x
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Rubbish post...
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Filthy wrote:For Chrissakes....give the Club a break.

Barely 22 to pick from...what do you think? They're all Hayden Bunton/Dick Reynolds?

A lot of you have zero idea.
:D I agree Filth. Over reactions once again. It didn't surprise me today's performance. Coming back from Perth putting all that effort in and young players at the end of the season. They are probably all knackered. Its understandable. Adelaide wanted and needed it more than us anyway. Nothing to worry about today.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

blokes like magin were probably only expected to play 50% of the game, but would have played 85-90% instead... he'd be buggered
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Doctor Fish wrote:Rubbish post...
^This man he knows.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

During one quarter the radio call said we'd had 11 or 12 bench rotations, whilst the crows had had double that.

Impossible to sustain any pressure on the ball and opponents when they're running away from you with the ball, 'cause their legs are working better. Collectively, our last 18 would've run a fair distance more than the opposition today.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

While injuries cant be blamed for everything, our players look totally spent.

Hope these next two weeks go very very quickly and with no injuries.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:While injuries cant be blamed for everything, our players look totally spent.

Hope these next two weeks go very very quickly and with no injuries.
Have to agree totally here. Looked knackered is absolutely true. I guess it's the same old story after coming back from Subiaco plus the fact they had to spend more time on the ground due to the typical casualty list. To beat Adelaide with these factors was never gonna happen.

And the snipes at Stanton in this thread are a little shallow. While he was disappointing earlier in the season (and even I disowned him after R3 v Carlton), he has really picked up his work rate on his defensive part of the game - to the point where he leads our tackle count. Now who would have thought?
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Agree on Stanton, though his effort early in the first term was disgraceful. Stopped and let the Adelaide player get the ball rather than attack it himself.

Was dragged immediately.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I'm not too bothered about the loss. No club in the league could expect to keep winning with how many players we've had to choose from for the past couple of months. The players have been run into the ground.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

robrulz5 wrote:I'm not too bothered about the loss. No club in the league could expect to keep winning with how many players we've had to choose from for the past couple of months. The players have been run into the ground.
Thats exactly what i think, as great as it would be to give the Dogs and the Saints a run for their money and send off JJ and big Mal with a win i so can't wait for the season to be over.
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

def rubbish post. again people choosing just the one certain player to pick on...