The booing of Laycock

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Re: The booing of Laycock

Post by BERT »

I didn't go to the game and watched it in a bar in Sydney with the sound down so didn't hear it but I thought Laycock had his best game for the season. Totally uncalled for. I hope they gave McPhee just as much because he was shocking.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

I think the people who were at the game have put this little conspiracy to bed.

Laycock WASN'T BOOED! He was bronx cheered a couple of times - that was it.

As Bert said - it was his best game for the year - those around me also made similar comments.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Chris
Top Up Player

Post by Chris »

The Booing of Paul Salmon a one time great of our club was poor form, but comparing Laycock to Salmon is just as poor. Salmon was a big contributor in back to back grand finals, won a coleman or two (not sure how many) and earned legendary status.

The Lazycock has been on our long enough to have contributed something (clearly not salmon proportions but something). After holding the club at ransom in his last contract negotiation demanding more money he has failed to deliver on his potential in any way, shape or form. Worst part is, that it's not through bad luck, injuries or opportunity that he has failed, it's purely though effort and preperation.

He may not have been boo'd and I may not be the type to participate in the boo'ing of players (I only boo the umpires myself and even appreciate the opposition players), but hell, if anyone other than the umpires deserves to be boo'd and heckled it's the Lazycock.

Last year it was Kepler, this year its Lazycock who make me cringe when the ball is in their vecinity. But to be honest, ill take a hard working hermit crab with limited ability over a lazy, athletic ruckman anyday. The bloke should take a leaf out of Watson's book and pull his finger out. We know he can be something, but at this stage doubt he will.

Untill he delivers the most important thing in footy, Effort!!.

Booooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :roll:
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

With Hille out my tip is that we're going to see a different Laycock for the next three weeks. Historically he has responded well to the challenge of being the number one ruckman.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

Who gives a sh%t if he goes!!! He has a heart the size of a de-hydrated pea...pi*s off and go play for Fremantle!!!
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey