Nice One, Team

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Re: Nice One, Team

Post by nathanskinner »

def rubbish post. again people choosing just the one certain player to pick on...
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

We are notorious for not playing good games for milestones etc. Look how we played for Hirdy's 200th against Richmond - like girls, untli he left the ground injured.

However it's all a moot point really. I concur with the above - considering our injuries and what sort of team we've been forced to play, I think we've been batting well above average. I'm not horrified.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Certainly one of our poorer performances this year (and there's been a few) however we look like a team that can't wait for the season to end.

Too many injuries to key personnel, too much expected of too few and we rarely (if ever ) had a settled line-up to work with.

Yesterday was symptomatic of our year!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Great post.

Adelaide injury list:

Porplyzia
Knights
Hentschel
Vince
Biglands
Burton

Essendon injury list:

Dempsey
Fletcher
Atkinson
Slattery
Daniher
Pears
Winderlich
Houli
Myers
Reimers
Lucas
Davey
Neagle
Gumbleton
Hocking
Hille
Hislop
McVeigh
Johns
Lee
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Post by The Fly »

nathanskinner wrote:def rubbish post. again people choosing just the one certain player to pick on...
Well Knighta obviously didn't think much of his squib either given that he was immediately dragged and put on the phone. Perhaps we were both wrong and you are right. I apologise. #-o
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

The Fly wrote:Thank you very much for honouring a club champion's 250th game milestone in such a piss weak and insipid manner. =D>

How f****** disgraceful. :x

Brent Stanton, grow a ticker. Or f*** off.
Had the pleasure of speaking with G'OD last week. He said the club was playing "on the bones of their arse" with regard to available players and intimated that their were injuries to selected players that they just has to ignore.

This is prior to the carnage of the weekend.

Perhaps you should look at the injury list before taking cheap shots at a decimated team.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Post by The Fly »

I understand that. But's not like we've lost them all in the last 2 weeks, is it? It's been an issue all year. You play with what you have, just like everyone else.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

The Fly wrote:I understand that. But's not like we've lost them all in the last 2 weeks, is it? It's been an issue all year. You play with what you have, just like everyone else.
No, it's not, we've been missing half our list all f*cking year.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.