Zero Brownlow votes for Watson

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Morning everyone!!! I'm glad to see that the fires I started yesterday are still burning brightly this morning.

I'm not exactly sure what an IP is - intelligent post maybe? If so, I'm in total agreeance.

Seriously, y'all need to sack up and stop being typical Essendon supporters. We were junk this year, the year before, and will be junk again next year. The sooner people face up to this, we can start looking at ways we can become competitive again. I suggested something that has been a problem at the Bombers for years - too slow and unskilled through the middle. In fact, it's been a regular complaint about the Bombers for almost a decade. Despite Sheedy saying he's going to do something about it, nothing has happened So what do we do? We go and dump more slow midfielders in there, like Watson. Awesome. Way to fix a problem. Other clubs must be laughing long and hard at us at the moment...

Anyhooo, play on kiddies...
Fratty McFrat
Top Up Player

Post by Fratty McFrat »

Well maybe you should just f*** off, we certainly dont need you as a supporter.

Im sure the club is ashamed to have a wanker like yourself as a barracker.

Do us a favor, go and take a nice lay down on the nearest railway line.
nomolos & bombers4Premiers: (by the way B4P, last I looked - and it's been a good five minutes - Essendon doesn't need a "get out the vote" campaign to win the Premiership. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the club must win a few matches if they'd like to become Champions. That said, I'll forward your voting idea to the AFL since we suck at anything that has to do with the words "kicking" and "football.")

I realize you two lads don't need MY support seeing as you two have plenty of that at the Australian School for the Mentally Handicapped & Other F***wits, but Essendon sure does.

Gringo's right. We need more speed in the middle.
Frat Hard
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

If slowness through the midfield has been "a regular complaint about the Bombers for almost a decade", then how did we win the 2000 premiership?

By the way, Mr Pedantic, there is no such word as "agreeance". It is one of those Americanisms made up by salesmen and adopted by sports commentators. The correct noun is "agreement".
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

Couldnt argue with anything but my grammer and spelling Gringo eh!

At least I'll admit my spelling and grammer sucks. Blame spell check for that one.

By the way Fratt, you fail to realise most of us arn't argueing with the fact we need more speed and skill in the midfield in fact id be surprised if everyone did not agree.

But there is certainly a place for in and under 'extractor' types which Watson has evolved into last season and fulfilled very well. S. Mitchell, Kirk, Bell, West, L Ball, Lucuria and Goodwin to name a few who are not incredibly quick players but get the ball from packs and generally dispose quickly in close to running players. Of course some of these guys are better by foot than Watto, but im sure he'll work on that in this preseason and add that to his game.

There are far more slow, in and under types at our club that should be in the firing line before watson.

Anyway, unless you guys make any new reasonable and valid points I wont bother responding to your flawed claims of intelect.
BigBoss
Top Up Player

Post by BigBoss »

[quote="Sol"]
But there is certainly a place for in and under 'extractor' types which Watson has evolved into last season and fulfilled very well. S. Mitchell, Kirk, Bell, West, L Ball, Lucuria and Goodwin to name a few who are not incredibly quick players but get the ball from packs and generally dispose quickly in close to running players. Of course some of these guys are better by foot than Watto, but im sure he'll work on that in this preseason and add that to his game.

[/quote]

As Mr McEnroe once said, you cannot be serious. "Some" of those players are better than Jobe by foot? ALL of them are; MOST OF THE AFL is; and to suggest that a player will get better at KICKING in the pre-season might indicate that there's a problem - he is deficient in the most fundamental skill of the game. He also can't run, which is another of the fundamentals.

While Gringo's style may be a little big-bossing for some, he knows which way the keg flows.
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

BigBoss wrote: While Gringo's style may be a little big-bossing for some, he knows which way the keg flows.
It seems he also knows how to make multiple ID's and annoy people with them.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

gringo wrote:Morning everyone!!! I'm glad to see that the fires I started yesterday are still burning brightly this morning.

I'm not exactly sure what an IP is - intelligent post maybe? If so, I'm in total agreeance.
If you were so clever you'd know agreeance isn't a word. :lol:
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Woke up this morning....went and had a dump. Gave birth to Fatty McFrat's twin.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

billyduckworth wrote:If slowness through the midfield has been "a regular complaint about the Bombers for almost a decade", then how did we win the 2000 premiership?

By the way, Mr Pedantic, there is no such word as "agreeance". It is one of those Americanisms made up by salesmen and adopted by sports commentators. The correct noun is "agreement".
If you were so clever you'd know agreeance isn't a word.
Agreeance is an archaic word (you two will need to look that one up as well) and was around before the United States was even formed. But I'm not here to provide English lessons to deliquents...

Touched ! Play on....
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

gringo wrote:
Touched
Im starting to think, this is what happened to you often not so long ago when you were a child.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

gringo wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:
I'm gonna ride on, ride on...
...And as we all know. Only the greatest minds of our times quote ACDC song lyrics on footy websites. :wink:
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

BigBoss wrote:
Sol wrote: While Gringo's style may be a little big-bossing for some, he knows which way the keg flows.
Down your leg?
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

gringo wrote:
If you were so clever you'd know agreeance isn't a word.
Agreeance is an archaic word (you two will need to look that one up as well) and was around before the United States was even formed. But I'm not here to provide English lessons to deliquents...
Actually, considering the word isn't in the dictionary, no, you're wrong.
Sorry dickhead, but you've lucked out.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Alright guys your talking crap, get back on the topic or it will be locked.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

robbie67 wrote:
gringo wrote:
Touched
Im starting to think, this is what happened to you often not so long ago when you were a child.
good work robbie :D
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Actually, considering the word isn't in the dictionary, no, you're wrong.
Sorry dickhead, but you've lucked out.
Oh Ossie. Does this mean we are not friends? If you were not my friend, I just don't think I could bear it...

Well, I'm surprised you know what a dictionary is! Very impressive. Next time though, try looking under "A". Other words that begin with "A" are apple, Aregentina...Enjoy. Let me know how you go, sunshine.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Gringo, we once had a poster here called bluey, all he did was stir up trouble and wrecked the place for people who wanted to use it properly. Now I have no problem with you being here but if you're going to continually stir trouble and post abuse at other users I will ban you and I don't care whether it seems fair or not. There is a core group of users at this site and they have been using it for a long time and I'll tell you know I will protect them over you any day whether it is bias or not. Stop causing trouble or you will be banned. This also goes for Bigboss, FrattyMcFrat, Muzzareewa and anyone else who decides just to stir trouble for fun.