Pev Retires

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Pev Retires

Post by KaaN10 »

I thought he was certain to get another year.. guess not.

Thanks for everything, Pev.
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Re: Pev Retires

Post by 2QIK4U »

What? Source?

Thats three confirmed retirements (Mal, Pev and JJ) and a delisting (CJ). Who's next?
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Source was Channel 10 news (didn't watch it myself, but that's what has been said elsewhere).

I expected it to come, but it's still really disappointing. Loved the way he went about his business. Thanks for everything, Pev.

On a side note, i guess this increases the chances of Rama staying on, as there was never any chance of both Pev and Rama going on next year. But on the evidence of the last 6-8 weeks, i would've thought Pev was a stronger chance to stay on. Reckon we might be hearing of a similar announcement from Rama sometime this week or next, too.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

=D>

Congratulations on a good career Pev. You can hold your head high and say that you gave it your absolute best.....right to the very end. Your love and commitment to the club was evident in the way you played the game. You successfully nullified some of the games greatest midfielders, and courageously won the hard ball with a scant regard for your own safety. As a supporter, I appreciated your efforts of team orientated hard work in 142 games. Good onya Pev! 8)
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

This is really surprising because i was almost sure that Pev would go on again next season. Losing Mal, JJ, Pev and even Rama maybe is a lot of experience leaving the club.

Thanks for everything Pev, you have been a wonderful player for the essendon footy club since arriving on the scene in 2001. I can still remember a young guns training function i was at (Pev was a rookie at the time) and he was still signing autographs when all of the other players had left the ground. Thats the kinda bloke he is... he will be truely missed.

Any chance that he will play for Bendigo full time next season? If i was Adrian Hickmott i would certainly talk to him about it as he isnt injured at all.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Any official source yet?

C10 conjecture?

This story is certainly growing.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

F111 wrote:Any official source yet?

C10 conjecture?

I watched the channel 10 news and i dont remember hearing about Pev retiring.... so its not certain yet?? :?
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

It isn't of the EFC website either?
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
F111 wrote:Any official source yet?
C10 conjecture?
I watched the channel 10 news and i dont remember hearing about Pev retiring.... so its not certain yet?? :?
On the late news they did mention his name, in passing, in a short list of retirees.
Conjecture on their behalf I'd say, that will be proven correct or otherwise in the next few weeks.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

They mentioned it on that enlightening oracle known as Sports Tonight. They said JJ, Mal, Pev and Rama are all retiring and we are actually down to 20 fit blokes. Wouldn't be surprised if they got Pev confused with Hirdy from last year...

:wink:
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

"Sports Tonight" is not exactly the most reliable source.
I'd believe a politician before I'd believe them.
Let's hope they're wrong, because I think Pev has still got one more year in him.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

No mention of Pev retiring on SEN this morning. Tim actually said he was unsure whether he would get the nod for another season or go.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
ARCN
On the Rookie List

Post by ARCN »

what they meant was that pev was included in Matty Knights with JJ when he said they were no longer required to the club prior to Pevs good form
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

So then the "announcement" is bullshit. f*** me. :roll:
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

a premature enunciation :shock:
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

Hutchy has just reported on the Footy Show that Pev has been politely "asked" by Knighta to retire next week.
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ace076 wrote:Hutchy has just reported on the Footy Show that Pev has been politely "asked" by Knighta to retire next week.
Yeah, which is a bit odd if he wants to play on - even if it is somewhere else. You can't ask someone to "retire" if they wish to continue playing. Absurd. However, I never trust or believe anything Hutchy ever says because he is a constant shit talker. So I shall await the developments that may eventuate next week.
Essendunny
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

http://news.realfooty.com.au/sport/peve ... -3zqx.html

Ah well... Had to make the call I suppose and he is nearly 30. Great career, sad way to go. Would have given him another year myself.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Nooooooo!! :( :( :(

Excellent career Pev old son. Got the best out of himself. Could find the pill, never gave up and was tough, and durable (which is more than you can say about a lot of them out there)

Congratulations Pev. However your name will still live on here at BT :)
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i feel sorry for the bloke and hope he does continue at another club! it's funny Essendon need players with a decent "ticker" and we tell the man who has the biggest of all he "is no longer required by the club"... im a little disappointed at the moment.

good luck Pev you've been a joy to watch!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals