Observations

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
LND
Top Up Player

Observations

Post by LND »

From last night:
The bulldogs will go out in straight sets, they struggled against the essendon 2nds, sprinkled with some senior players.
Too many soft down hill skiers who refuses to get down and dirty, and wait for the ball to come out to them. Showed in first quarter they are terrible if you apply fierce pressure to them. That is what will happen in the finals.

Just a couple of notes of some players:

Bellchambers will a be a very very good ruckman. Liked his game last night. Good leap, tap work, awareness, uses the ball well, and never stops trying/working hard (learn laycock).

Magin and Hooker need a big pre-season, add a bit of bulk to their frames, but good signs.

JJ and Pev worked bloody hard and played very good games. Was rapt for both of them.

NLM is not a backman, he gives away to many free kicks, turns the ball over too much and is a tad selfish (where was the talk when slatts got run down? he was running along side of him and said nothing). Would prefer to see him up forward or on the wing, where he can play his own game.

I hate Brad Johnson, just a backdoor Sl*t. (had to chuck that in)

LLyod. Awesome 2nd half. Turning into a bloody good captain.

Hocking is another in and under player, along the mould of Lonergan and Watson.

Dyson- not sure about this bloke, got the skills, the pace, just needs to play 4 quarters of football, not a bit here and bit there.

Stants, still shits me, some of his decision making is bad, but has lifted his game another level since the start of the year.

Rama - would love to sim him get another pre-season, then judge how he goes..... has been through alot physically and mentally..takes a bloody long time to get back to soemthing close to 100%. Give him another season, please.

Spike - took some angry pills last night. look a bit rusty, but one of our top 5 players in the club

Welsh - Was he injured last night?

Lovett - played well in patched, beaten by Aker

Nash - Beautiful foot skills, growing every week

Slatts - look injured, his acceleration wasn't quite there last night. Think he got a jab to play this week. (hurt is groin last week).

Mal - reborn forward, did he reitre pre-maturely?? :wink: Looked good up forward

Ryder - Has the ability to be anything, hope he reaches his full potential, because it will be out-standing

Mcphee - Did a good job on Murphy.

Think that is most of it.

I still hate the bulldogs, down hill skiers, that hate one on one physical football. (cept for Hahn, gun)
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Re: Observations

Post by uptick »

LND wrote:From last night:
The bulldogs will go out in straight sets, they struggled against the essendon 2nds, sprinkled with some senior players.
Too many soft down hill skiers who refuses to get down and dirty, and wait for the ball to come out to them. Showed in first quarter they are terrible if you apply fierce pressure to them. That is what will happen in the finals.

Bellchambers will a be a very very good ruckman. Liked his game last night. Good leap, tap work, awareness, uses the ball well, and never stops trying/working hard (learn laycock).

Magin and Hooker need a big pre-season, add a bit of bulk to their frames, but good signs.

JJ and Pev worked bloody hard and played very good games. Was rapt for both of them.

NLM is not a backman, he gives away to many free kicks, turns the ball over too much and is a tad selfish (where was the talk when slatts got run down? he was running along side of him and said nothing). Would prefer to see him up forward or on the wing, where he can play his own game.

I hate Brad Johnson, just a backdoor Sl*t. (had to chuck that in)

LLyod. Awesome 2nd half. Turning into a bloody good captain.

Hocking is another in and under player, along the mould of Lonergan and Watson.

Dyson- not sure about this bloke, got the skills, the pace, just needs to play 4 quarters of football, not a bit here and bit there.

Stants, still shits me, some of his decision making is bad, but has lifted his game another level since the start of the year.

Rama - would love to sim him get another pre-season, then judge how he goes..... has been through alot physically and mentally..takes a bloody long time to get back to soemthing close to 100%. Give him another season, please.

Spike - took some angry pills last night. look a bit rusty, but one of our top 5 players in the club

Lovett - played well in patched, beaten by Aker

Nash - Beautiful foot skills, growing every week

Slatts - look injured, his acceleration wasn't quite there last night. Think he got a jab to play this week. (hurt is groin last week).

Mal - reborn forward, did he reitre pre-maturely?? :wink: Looked good up forward

Ryder - Has the ability to be anything, hope he reaches his full potential, because it will be out-standing

Mcphee - Did a good job on Murphy.

I still hate the bulldogs, down hill skiers, that hate one on one physical football. (cept for Hahn, gun)
If gold coasters were needing players, we at have dyson, Lovett & NLM who would be at risk of being offered up.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
LND
Top Up Player

Post by LND »

Just read the sun,

Rama :( :( :( :( :( :(

Thought you had one more season.

But...thankyou..you were an insperation to everyone. Thanks for memories and highlights.

A true bomber hero
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

I reckon Lovett was better then Aker. Aker cherry picked a few then started to get some junk time stats in the end.
LND
Top Up Player

Post by LND »

it seemed like johnson, aker and all their other wide receivers cherry picked when we got tired and couldn't sustain our physical pressure................hardly suprising.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Bellchambers will a be a very very good ruckman. Liked his game last night. Good leap, tap work, awareness, uses the ball well, and never stops trying/working hard (learn laycock).Thought he was alful around the ground, gave up 3-4 goals by pure mistakes. But it was only his second game and first as first ruckman, so don't mind at all. Will learn

Magin and Hooker need a big pre-season, add a bit of bulk to their frames, but good signs.about 2-3 Pre-seasons. Magin seems very capable on both feet. Hooker got destroyed last night by a very average footballer. Tables will turn in 12 months

JJ and Pev worked bloody hard and played very good games. Was rapt for both of them.JJ showed why he hasn't played much in the past 2 years. Not quick on his feet or in the mind. Bombs long when he needs to hold it up. Great servant of the club though, at least he is getting a send off game that he deserves

NLM is not a backman, he gives away to many free kicks, turns the ball over too much and is a tad selfish (where was the talk when slatts got run down? he was running along side of him and said nothing). Would prefer to see him up forward or on the wing, where he can play his own game.Would prefer to see him with Bendigo or the GC, but nothing we can do.

I hate Brad Johnson, just a backdoor Sl*t. (had to chuck that in)Agree. Cant stand the prick. Champion? You are kidding

LLoyd. Awesome 2nd half. Turning into a bloody good captain.Feel sorry for those who write off champions. 2nd best player at Essendon for the last 20 years, and not that far from 1st

Hocking is another in and under player, along the mould of Lonergan and Watson. F*cking love Lonergan

Dyson- not sure about this bloke, got the skills, the pace, just needs to play 4 quarters of football, not a bit here and bit there.downhil skier. Wont be disappointed if he is traded at the end of the year

Stants, still shits me, some of his decision making is bad, but has lifted his game another level since the start of the year.Hope he is carrying an injury because even though he got 30 touches last night, geez he butchered a fair bit of them. Still a good player though

Rama - would love to sim him get another pre-season, then judge how he goes..... has been through alot physically and mentally..takes a bloody long time to get back to soemthing close to 100%. Give him another season, please.When you miss 3 years of footy, its bloody hard to come back. Just getting him back on the park is an inspration

Spike - took some angry pills last night. look a bit rusty, but one of our top 5 players in the clubWas about 60% fit last night

Welsh - Was he injured last night?He was Quinned in the 3rd quarter

Lovett - played well in patched, beaten by AkerHe beat Aker.

Nash - Beautiful foot skills, growing every weekMakes the odd dumb decisions but is getting better every week

Slatts - look injured, his acceleration wasn't quite there last night. Think he got a jab to play this week. (hurt is groin last week).Love this guy. Week after week gives it his all, disposal is good and is dominating small forwards now

Mcphee - Did a good job on Murphy.Not a defender, but had to play there last night due to injury curse

I still hate the bulldogs, down hill skiers, that hate one on one physical football. (cept for Hahn, gun)Hardly a gun, average player at best. I think most players would have kicked 10 on Hooker last night. Looks a good player because the Dogs have no big bodied forwards who are any good
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

KaaN10 wrote:I reckon Lovett was better then Aker. Aker cherry picked a few then started to get some junk time stats in the end.
Yeh i agree, i didnt think Aker was all that great either for most of the match despite kicking 4 goals. Lovett more than held his own.

I also feel that NLM is not a backman. I love it when he streams forward and kicks goals, he kicked 4 against the Roos in round one. We really need some defenders so that players like McPhee and NLM can play middle/forward.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

NLM is not a footballer, he gives away to many free kicks, turns the ball over too much and is a tad selfish (where was the talk when slatts got run down? he was running along side of him and said nothing). Would prefer to see him nowhere near a football field.
I Fixed your quote.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Hooker is a few good things but Hahn is a very good player and was too strong.

I thought Lovett turned the ball over quite a bit and made some bad decisions. I don't know how he could have beaten Aker when he kicked four goals.

Bellchambers tried hard all night. I wish he had more of a run earlier in the year.

All Brad Johnson was missing last night was his Goal Attack bib. He got 3 free kicks just for having contact made to him.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Bellchambers will a be a very very good ruckman. Liked his game last night. Good leap, tap work, awareness, uses the ball well, and never stops trying/working hard (learn laycock). In his 2nd game for the club, he made more 2nd efforts than Laycock has inn his entire career. Made some mistakes but showed a willingness to compete and will only get better as he matures.

Magin and Hooker need a big pre-season, add a bit of bulk to their frames, but good signs. Magin looks like he needs a good feed but showed a bit of nous and was happy to mix it with the bigger bodied bulldogs. Hooker looks a good size (height wise) but needs to add at least another 10kg of muscle over the next few summers

JJ and Pev worked bloody hard and played very good games. Was rapt for both of them. True enough but as the game wore on, the pace certainly told on JJ and his decision to retire is the right one

I hate Brad Johnson, just a backdoor Sl*t. (had to chuck that in) sorry to go against the flow but I love watching him play...he is someone who will be able to retire knowing he got everything he could out of himself and is a champion (imo)

LLyod. Awesome 2nd half. Turning into a bloody good captain. Great to see him talking to Slatts as they walked to their positions after 3/4 time. he is really developing into a very good onfield leader

Hocking is another in and under player, along the mould of Lonergan and Watson. I'm starting to see why all the wraps have been on this guy. Looks to have a lot of poise and will only get better with more experience

Dyson- not sure about this bloke, got the skills, the pace, just needs to play 4 quarters of football, not a bit here and bit there. I've always liked him but he really is too hit and miss to hold down a regular spot

Stants, still shits me, some of his decision making is bad, but has lifted his game another level since the start of the year. Some of most players decison making is bad. Stants played very well last night

Rama - would love to sim him get another pre-season, then judge how he goes..... has been through alot physically and mentally..takes a bloody long time to get back to soemthing close to 100%. Give him another season, please. No...definitely time for him to go...he is just too slow now

Spike - took some angry pills last night. look a bit rusty, but one of our top 5 players in the club poor effort from him when he lost the plot in the 2nd quarter...it was a very bad example for the young players who would no doubt look up to him for leadership

Lovett - played well in patched, beaten by Aker...well beaten by Aker

Nash - Beautiful foot skills, growing every week Agree

Slatts - look injured, his acceleration wasn't quite there last night. Think he got a jab to play this week. (hurt is groin last week). Thought he showed quite a bit last night especially when forward

Ryder - Has the ability to be anything, hope he reaches his full potential, because it will be out-standing But is he prepared to work hard enough to achieve it?

Mcphee - Did a good job on Murphy. Agree

"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Mcphee was excellent. :)
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Hmmmm. The format of this post looks familiar!!!

Agree with a lot of what you've said. Footscray are junk. They really can't seem to play for the full 120 minutes of a game. It will be a short final series for em.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.