Dyson: Straw that broke the camels back?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nomolos
Club Captain

Re: Dyson: Straw that broke the camels back?

Post by nomolos »

^^^This man, he Knows
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Dyson and Lovett, I reckon they will both turn up at Sydney next year
dheal
Top Up Player

Post by dheal »

Was at the game & from my opinion (plus those with me) that insipid act was the turning point of the game. GONE GONE GONE. Much prefer to retain Pev, at least he shows courage.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

I was at the game too and completely agree.

Now Dyson has one year left on his contract, but I think with his great skills and endeavour he can easily find a new home at the Dees or the Swans. Both need young players :wink:
Red and Black Forever
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Shit effort.

You see that in the under age stuff.
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

When a team loses by 8 goals as we did, I just can't understand the logic (?) of people who blame the loss on one incident.

There's no doubt that Dyson's effort (or lack of) was bloody poor but for f*** sake, it in no way cost us the game.

The lack of defensive pressure in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, the inexperience if Bellchambers, Magin, Hooker & Hocking contributed to the loss.

No Hille, Lucas, Reimers, Dempsey, Winderlich, Fletch etc contributed to the loss.

One single act was not the reason....watch a tape of the game and count the mistakes made by our players, the precision with which the bulldogs moved the ball in the 2nd & 3rd quarters etc and then try and tell me that Dyson's act was the turning point.

What a crock of shit!
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I think what people are saying (and i agree) was that we had all the momentum and if Dyson had just gone two handed and actually taken that mark we had a chance of a goal and to move in front in the game. Yes that effort wasn't the reason we lost the game, but that missed mark led to a Bulldogs goal and many more after that. We had the run of play and that turnover caused all momentum to go back to the Doggies.

Dyson to Sydney or Melbourne would be fine but what would we get back for him?