Lloydy does a Richo

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
dheal
Top Up Player

Lloydy does a Richo

Post by dheal »

As a long time member who never misses games I can't recall Lloyd ever getting upset over poor passes given to him except for Friday night when after making perfect position away from his opponent, Stanton (under little pressure) kicks to Loyd but puts it out of bounds. Lloydy rightly spits the dummy big time.
Also of interest,the previous week on the Bomber Review Panel on the website,Slatts had a go at some teammates for throwing in the towel against Adelaide. It seems the goers of the team are getting fed up with those who get pushed aside if a fly lands on them, duck their head if an opponent is within 5 metres or jump the fence if a hard ball comes their way. We know who they are! I hope that "Knighta the Terminata" takes the appropiate action in the coming months.
As supporters we want to see 22 talented players who have a go,a great desire to win every contest & a relentless attitude until the final siren.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Lloydy does a Richo

Post by BenDoolan »

You're hatred of Stanton is duly noted......however misguided it may be.
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:You're hatred of Stanton is duly noted......however misguided it may be.
Likewise yours of Gus. :wink:

Lloyd did spit the dummy, but he hardly did a richo.

It wasn't the 3rd time of the quarter he did it. He didn't go up and abuse him, he didn't have a crack at a teammate for missing a set shot 15m out despite himself doing it week in week out.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I thought this thread was going to be about the fact that Lloyd has pushed up the ground ala Richo and has played brilliantly since doing so.

Anyway, i don't mind the occasional dummy spit from one teammate to another. Shows a bit of fire. Richo regularly used to go over the top with his dummy spitting, but seriously, who wouldn't spit the dummy if you were as good as Richo but spent your entire career at Ninthmond?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

jimmyc1985 wrote:I thought this thread was going to be about the fact that Lloyd has pushed up the ground ala Richo and has played brilliantly since doing so.

Anyway, i don't mind the occasional dummy spit from one teammate to another. Shows a bit of fire. Richo regularly used to go over the top with his dummy spitting, but seriously, who wouldn't spit the dummy if you were as good as Richo but spent your entire career at Ninthmond?
Who wouldn't spit the dummy when your star player and leader continually misses easy set shot within 20 meters of goal at crucial moments?

His teammates.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:I thought this thread was going to be about the fact that Lloyd has pushed up the ground ala Richo and has played brilliantly since doing so.

Who wouldn't spit the dummy when your star player and leader continually misses easy set shot within 20 meters of goal at crucial moments?

His teammates.
Meh. Lloyd missed a shot from the goalsquare in the 1999 prelim and we lost by a point. Pavlich has missed a few times this year at crucial times. Franklin blows hot and cold with his kicking.

But these guys all win 20 times more games for their club with their brilliance than they lose games with their stuff-ups. Frankly i think it's pathetic how people pick out the faults of champion players.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:You're hatred of Stanton is duly noted......however misguided it may be.
Rosso, I think you'll find that I don't hate Gus or any other player for that matter. I have been on Monfries' case simply because his form had been shithouse for 18 months. And it was. Since the Adelaide game in Adelaide, he has emerged from his cocoon and I have been quite complimentary of his contributions (check the votes).

However, there are those who continue to hold grudges against certain players and they continue to bag blokes DESPITE them playing well. I mean, Stanton missed Lloyd on a lead and he's some sort of liability? Or Dyson put in a soft effort to intersect a pass and "it was the turning point in the game" (in the 2nd ******* Q ????). These guys pinpoint these little incidents and blame them for losses WHILE guys like Hocking had a brain fade and cost us a goal in the 3rd Q - or while Hooker was being constantly outmarked, pushed aside and failed to spoil about 6 or so goals, or while Bellchambers was exposed in defence by their ruckmen all night. But yeah, Dyson's fluff was "the turning point" :roll:
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Filthy wrote:Oh Benny, 50 gamer Dysons "fluff".???

He F****** dogged it!!! :roll:

Anyway on point....boys its been a long season, a tough frustrating one....don't blame Lloydy having a tantie....he has shit disposal all year.
What the f*** is wrong with you Filth? You simply don't get it.

Read my post and see if I am defending Dyson or whether I am making a point that some of us moronic supporters like to focus on one or two whipping boys and blame them for losses.
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:

His teammates.
Meh. Lloyd missed a shot from the goalsquare in the 1999 prelim and we lost by a point. Pavlich has missed a few times this year at crucial times. Franklin blows hot and cold with his kicking.

But these guys all win 20 times more games for their club with their brilliance than they lose games with their stuff-ups. Frankly i think it's pathetic how people pick out the faults of champion players.
Yes, but has Lloyd ever had a go at a team mate for missing an easy shot? In fact, how often have you seen Lloyd berate a team mate?
And compare Lloyds and Pavlich's crucial misses to Richos and I reckon Richo's has them both covered quite handsomely.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:
Rosso, I think you'll find that I don't hate Gus or any other player for that matter. I have been on Monfries' case simply because his form had been shithouse for 18 months. And it was. Since the Adelaide game in Adelaide, he has emerged from his cocoon and I have been quite complimentary of his contributions (check the votes).

However, there are those who continue to hold grudges against certain players and they continue to bag blokes DESPITE them playing well. I mean, Stanton missed Lloyd on a lead and he's some sort of liability? Or Dyson put in a soft effort to intersect a pass and "it was the turning point in the game" (in the 2nd ******* Q ????). These guys pinpoint these little incidents and blame them for losses WHILE guys like Hocking had a brain fade and cost us a goal in the 3rd Q - or while Hooker was being constantly outmarked, pushed aside and failed to spoil about 6 or so goals, or while Bellchambers was exposed in defence by their ruckmen all night. But yeah, Dyson's fluff was "the turning point" :roll:
I think the difference is that players like Dyson, Stanton etc have played 50+ where as the two you mentioned have played 3 between them. I know thats not the point of your arguement, but thats where the others are coming from.

I usually give players a 2 year grace period where any mistake they do is through learning and not understanding the intensity of AFL.

Hocking will be a player for us, don't worry about that. Dyson unfortunately only works one way at the moment, similar to Lovett of yesteryear.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
dheal
Top Up Player

Post by dheal »

Not at all BD , i don't hate Stanton. i think he is a talented player & as such its disappointing that a guy with great ball getting ability has average disposal (Watson as well). When he gets his disposal right just imagine how damaging he can be & he will certainly become an elite EFC player. While he is an 'outside 'player ( all teams have them ) if he can improve his hard ball gets & disposal he will become an elite AFL player. I honestly hope he has a great future at Essendon.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:Yes, but has Lloyd ever had a go at a team mate for missing an easy shot? In fact, how often have you seen Lloyd berate a team mate?
And compare Lloyds and Pavlich's crucial misses to Richos and I reckon Richo's has them both covered quite handsomely.
Lloyd gave Laycock a public bake in the media a week ago. I'd consider that to be berating a teammate, even though it might've been well deserved.

I don't give a shit about the fact that Richo misses easy shots more than Lloyd or Pavlich. My point stands that he's won a shitload more games for Ninthmond over the course of his career than he's lost.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote: I think the difference is that players like Dyson, Stanton etc have played 50+ where as the two you mentioned have played 3 between them. I know thats not the point of your arguement, but thats where the others are coming from.

I usually give players a 2 year grace period where any mistake they do is through learning and not understanding the intensity of AFL.

Hocking will be a player for us, don't worry about that. Dyson unfortunately only works one way at the moment, similar to Lovett of yesteryear.
I agree with your summation. And I wasn't really bagging the Hocking's, Hooker's, Bellchambers' and even Magin's , just merely pointing out that their inexperience cost us dearly on Friday night. That's no fault of theirs or the selectors. But for someone to attribute Dyson's weak effort as "the turning point" is idiotic. Whether Dyson flew and took that mark and kicked the goal, the result would have been the same - probably 30 odd points instead of 40 odd.

But Stanton? Gee wizz, arguably best on ground and this knob delivers two posts being critical of him.
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Yes, but has Lloyd ever had a go at a team mate for missing an easy shot? In fact, how often have you seen Lloyd berate a team mate?
Lloyd gave Laycock a public bake in the media a week ago. I'd consider that to be berating a teammate, even though it might've been well deserved.
A public bake? By saying that sometimes he just wants to shake him up sometimes? Hardly a bake.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:
A public bake? By saying that sometimes he just wants to shake him up sometimes? Hardly a bake.
I'd consider it a bake. The intimation is very clear. He singled him out after the game, in spite of the fact he played OK. This was in addition to the fact that the media at large have woken up to Laycock's shit form over the last two months (media took a few months longer than us) and have been on his back.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:
Rossoneri wrote: I think the difference is that players like Dyson, Stanton etc have played 50+ where as the two you mentioned have played 3 between them. I know thats not the point of your arguement, but thats where the others are coming from.

I agree with your summation. And I wasn't really bagging the Hocking's, Hooker's, Bellchambers' and even Magin's , just merely pointing out that their inexperience cost us dearly on Friday night. That's no fault of theirs or the selectors. But for someone to attribute Dyson's weak effort as "the turning point" is idiotic. Whether Dyson flew and took that mark and kicked the goal, the result would have been the same - probably 30 odd points instead of 40 odd.

But Stanton? Gee wizz, arguably best on ground and this knob delivers two posts being critical of him.

I think we get frustrated because we see the potential there and there are players at the same age who ar edoing more elsewhere, and also at the club. Ricky has sublime foot skills, is quick, and likes to take on the game and keep running. However, its only one way for him. How many of his tackles stick? How many times has he laid a bump? You look at players like Pev (even when he was younger), and now players like Reimers, Slattery and Lonergan and you think that it cant be the club, it has to be the individual.

I am a fan of Ricky, but geez he needs to work more on his defensive game.

On Stanton, I thought he was ok on Friday night, but the whole team was poor except for Lloyd when you think about. And thats fine, most have little niggles and others have injuries that would normally keep them out (Watson and Slatts come to mind)
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

I think we get frustrated because we see the potential there and there are players at the same age who ar edoing more elsewhere, and also at the club. Ricky has sublime foot skills, is quick, and likes to take on the game and keep running. However, its only one way for him. How many of his tackles stick? How many times has he laid a bump? You look at players like Pev (even when he was younger), and now players like Reimers, Slattery and Lonergan and you think that it cant be the club, it has to be the individual.

I am a fan of Ricky, but geez he needs to work more on his defensive game.

On Stanton, I thought he was ok on Friday night, but the whole team was poor except for Lloyd when you think about. And thats fine, most have little niggles and others have injuries that would normally keep them out (Watson and Slatts come to mind)
Totally agree about Dyson. He's very weak on those aspects of his game. I've actually lost faith in the boy.......although......he has lifted his work rate of late. Still weak on defensive skills.
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Filthy wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Filthy wrote:Oh Benny, 50 gamer Dysons "fluff".???

He F****** dogged it!!! :roll:

Anyway on point....boys its been a long season, a tough frustrating one....don't blame Lloydy having a tantie....he has shit disposal all year.
What the f*** is wrong with you Filth? You simply don't get it.

Read my post and see if I am defending Dyson or whether I am making a point that some of us moronic supporters like to focus on one or two whipping boys and blame them for losses.
I am fine Benny and how are you :D

Fact is he did dog in front 3-4 million people, they kicked a goal from the loose ball when he should have been putting us 14 points up .............and they kicked the next 4.

And he was immediately removed from the ground. Gee, I don't know what a game turner is if that wasn't one!
Apologies to you Filth and to you too Mr Heal. I am just worked up with the guys that sit behind me. It has been a year long battle with the dickheads at the ground and I am ready to rip their ******* heads off. It is just a constant barage of shit canning certain guys on our team regardless of what they do - it's the bronx cheers when they do something well and the usual loud mouthed bagging when they stuff up.

It's OK now, I've just taken my chill pills 8)
Essendunny
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Feel for you Benny. I'm back next season and getting in with a reserved seat. Praying I don't have anyone around me like the uneducated clown that ruined games for me in the past.

Maybe we need a BomberTalk block of seats...
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

It's sometimes quite interesting what you see on TV that possibly is missed by those at the ground.

Slatts gave Spike a stern look and a few words when he failed to pass it to Slatts in the last quarter (I think). It was interesting to note that Slatts has grown in confidence enough to have a bit of a go at Spike.

As Stants missed kick...I got the feeling that he was caught in two minds as to whether to have a shot or pass it off...in the end the confusion menat he did neither. (imo) Lloydy should have just sucked it up and had a quiet word with him later rather than berating him on the ground.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012