Hooker

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Re: Hooker

Post by KaaN10 »

If he can't get a game now, I dunno when he can.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Is playing. It's in the HUN today.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Sorry to burst your bubble filthy.

but we have used 39 players this year. (most of any club and this includes elevated rookies)

as mentioned in Berts thread, Williams, Gumbleton and Lee are the only 3 senior listed players to not get a gig.

your right on hooker though. we got him last years draft i think.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Good on him. Thought he should have got a run in the seniors a few weeks back. Wouldn't expect him to line up at CHF though...
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

=D>

I'd play him Hahn or Murphy.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I'd put Hooker on Street, but would most likely get arrested.

By the way, all the best for your debut Cale!
Essendunny
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Good to see Hooker finally get a game. After a string of best afields for Bendigo and not being able to crack the senior side, it's taken a last man ditch after more injuries to get him a gig. Make the most of it, Cale!
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Another good WA boy!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Miles away. Way out of his depth. Didnt get close enough to the footy to be able to tell if he had any potential or not.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Big gig first up. Hahn was unstoppable, too strong. Harsh to judge him on one game. See how he goes against the likes of Riewoldt or Koschitzke next week.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

robbie67 wrote:Miles away. Way out of his depth. Didnt get close enough to the footy to be able to tell if he had any potential or not.
Was just ok and wasn't nearly big enough for a job on a key forward. Hudson and Hahn ate him for lunch. #-o

At least he has been given a taste of the big time though. He will learn so much from this.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Filthy wrote:
robbie67 wrote:Miles away. Way out of his depth. Didnt get close enough to the footy to be able to tell if he had any potential or not.
Yep and just shows us the jump from Bendigo VFL to AFL. We have to get our own stand alone 2nds next year playing at Windy Hill with a core of tough, bigger bodied, not quite up to it AFL types to help, protect and teach the young uns down in the 2's seeking either form and confidence (which you are not going to get kicking 1 goal a week..the entire Team that is :shock: ), or footy at a senior level.
Hooker was never ready for AFL. Neither is Bellchambers or Magin. But they have to play because of our predicament.
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Give the kid a break guys. Was pretty much our key defender last night, not exactly an easy spot to come into and play well.
Did some good things, but was just swamped. More of a forward anyway, but it doesn't hurt to teach players to play i other positions. It was the catalyst of the 84-85 teams and is still a vital part of the game today.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:Give the kid a break guys. Was pretty much our key defender last night, not exactly an easy spot to come into and play well.
Did some good things, but was just swamped. More of a forward anyway, but it doesn't hurt to teach players to play i other positions. It was the catalyst of the 84-85 teams and is still a vital part of the game today.
A break from what? He aint ready.
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Give the kid a break guys. Was pretty much our key defender last night, not exactly an easy spot to come into and play well.
Wasn't directed at your comments.

He is not ready, but we have to play these kids now. We played a host of them in 1997 when Hird, Alessio etc went down and we blooded players like Caracella, Hardwick, Heffernan etc and look where that took us.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I thought he wasn't that bad, but still pretty raw obviously.
Why wasn't he given a stint on the forward line?
I thought that's where he had mostly been playing at Bendigo?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Rossoneri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Wasn't directed at your comments.

He is not ready, but we have to play these kids now. We played a host of them in 1997 when Hird, Alessio etc went down and we blooded players like Caracella, Hardwick, Heffernan etc and look where that took us.

It's a disgrace that he and Magin are out there playing. It's no fault of the club. Our hand has been forced. We simply do not have enough players on AFL lists anymore. They should forget about expansion, and get increase list sizes by at least 4 players per club. Guys like Pev shouldnt be retiring, while Magin who is the size of a jockey is asked to compete against developed AFL bodies.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

robbie67 wrote: It's a disgrace that he and Magin are out there playing. It's no fault of the club. Our hand has been forced. We simply do not have enough players on AFL lists anymore. They should forget about expansion, and get increase list sizes by at least 4 players per club. Guys like Pev shouldnt be retiring, while Magin who is the size of a jockey is asked to compete against developed AFL bodies.
Could not possibly agree with you more. We do not have the resources to field 16 teams, let alone 18. Our drafts are very thin, except for the odd one every 4-5 years that is rather deep. We should strip it back to 14, have 42 on the list so we can have a stronger competition to the one that is currently up.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

Thats way to logical - which means it will never happen.
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

I thought Hooker's effort was a magnificent one....A gold medal winning effort in fact... :D