Don't forget to take Kleenex this week

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Don't forget to take Kleenex this week

Post by The Fly »

Its going to be emotional. 3 guys that you'd go to war with any day.

Rama - Absolutely inspirational. If you didn't tear-up a bit in his comeback match then you need to check your pulse.

Pev - Not blessed with the most skill, but knew exactly what his strengths were, played to them, and got every single ounce out of his ability to carve a good career out of footy, who may get a second chance elsewhere. And drop-dead good looks as well!

JJ - A pivotal soldier in one of the most awe-inspiring teams assembled. The sight of him streaming out of the centre in his heyday would have sent shivers down the spines of the opposition.

And lets not foget Mal. We only had him for 2 years, but hasn't done too badly for a lanky kid from PNG. Became probably the most feared full back of his day with his strength and speed, and has 3 premiership medallions in the cupboard as a reward for leaving Collingwood so that's gotta make him a good bloke. :lol:

The time is right to move on but thanks for the memories, guys. It's been good. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I wish I could be there to see them off, but I'll be watching on Fox. Will banish the kids from the lounge room as it might be uncool for them to see Daddy cry over a Round 22 match for two years running...

For you lucky bastards going, give them a send off that they'll never forget. And don't forget your tissues...
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Don't forget to take Kleenex this week

Post by Jazz_84 »

The Fly wrote: For you lucky bastards going, give them a send off that they'll never forget.
damn right!!! you guys have to do it for everyone that can't be there :(
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

The Fly wrote: Don't forget to take Kleenex this week
I'm not gonna get *that* excited...
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

I will be there (and probably tearing up too!) :lol:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

I teared up at hirdy and sheeds last game at the G against the Tiges, dunno if I'll tear up this weekend but I love the three of them, personally I'm spewing Rama isn't staying on if I were to tear up this weekend it would be for him my footballing highlight of the past couple years despite hirdy's last game was Rama's first goal back he's such a great bloke and an absolute champion of the bombers even if life never let him become the true on field champion he should have become.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Got my tickets bout a month ago. Glad I did, my whole huge family is going taking out most of the second level :P It takes something really sad to make me cry, like the guy at the olympics the German weighlifter, but I wouldn't be surprised if I cried this weekend :lol: Still a man though :roll: :P
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Haha...I'll be there. But I was just thinking........if that fckstick that sits behind me bags the shit out of Rama again, then I'm seriously going to physically harm the prick. I have verbally warned him over the last 2 games, but he won't get away with anything this time.

As to all those men, thanks for your fantastic service. Rama, many have forgotten the classy player you really were. Burst onto the scene with exquisite skills, a good vertical leap, sharp reflexes and creativity to play in one of the greatest teams of all time as a 19 year old. Struck down with debilitating illnesses and major injury ever since, but has fought back to still be a courageous and competitive footballer. You are an absloute gem.

JJ, and absolute warrior who bulldozed his way through midfields from 1999 - 2005. Unfortunately dogged by a recurring toe problem that hampered his kicking along the way. Dual best & fairest winner and a great clubman. His herculean efforts in the greatest comeback ever, will long live in my memory. His last 3 seasons have been frustrated with constant injury and poor form, but has always given his utmost for the club and its interests.....so much so that he demanded that the selectors drop him (in 2006)from the seniors because he felt he was not contributing.

Pev, well, I've said all I think about this bloke in a few other threads.

Mal, thanks for your 2 years service and providing some strength and support to Fletch, but most of all, being around Paddy Ryder during his development.
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I'm so annoyed that this game is on Foxtel and not normal TV.... i will have to catch the highlights on youtube or something lol

Im sure that if i was at the game i would definately shed a tear, maybe not as many as i did for Hirdy but still a nice amound for Rama, JJ, Pev and Big Mal. :(
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

2007: Hird, Sheeds, MJ(btw is MJ playing last afl game friday night??) :( :( :(
2008: JJ, Pev, Rama :( :( :(
2009: Fletcher,? :(

Sure is a changing of the guard.

I hope JJ, Pev,Rama and MM are set for big ones this Sunday.

I really hope JJ and Pev if they are looking for a gig elsewhere, find it.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Had a little bit of a wah when Rama kicked his first goal back against the Tiggers... it's Pevs that I'm really sad to see go. I like 'em all, but have a soft spot for Pevs. Why is it all the games that I'm a bit :( about are on Austar, so I have to watch them with my fam? :P

(In saying that, the two Sainters and one Hawk I live with *all* got a bit wet eyed over Hirdy and Sheeds final game so I wasn't alone there!)

And Staggy - the kleenex are for the other end ;)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I thought we needed to bring these for Reiwoldt?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Rossoneri wrote:I thought we needed to bring these for Reiwoldt?
What ... you where to buy latex Kleenex???

Cheers - sti
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:I'm so annoyed that this game is on Foxtel and not normal TV.... i will have to catch the highlights on youtube or something lol

Im sure that if i was at the game i would definately shed a tear, maybe not as many as i did for Hirdy but still a nice amound for Rama, JJ, Pev and Big Mal. :(
Go to a local hotel and watch it.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

It will certainly be a bit emotional.
Even last week against the doggies, I kept thinking to myself "might be the last time we see Rama out there" "might be the last time we see Pev" "will be the last time we see JJ & Big Mal" etc.