The Old Days

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
F111
Essendon Legend

Re: The Old Days

Post by F111 »

Who was it that got into strife for leaking the AA team one year? :shock: :lol:
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Wasn't that Smooth?

The best leak ever.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

boncer34 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
And Bonce, I think we only ever had one falling out and I am stuffed if I can remember what it was over!!
It was a hell of a falling out though if I remember. Didn't it spill over onto msn at one stage?
Nah, you must be thnnking of someone else? Never use MSN
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Ha ha yes it was Smooth. God I'd forgotten about that. Wasn't he in their offices or something. I know he was a cricket man. Was shitting himself :P
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Then he was overseas for a year and we all thought they got him.

He was a very good poster smooth. Still posts a fair bit in BB, but mainly about the EPL.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Megan wrote:Ha ha yes it was Smooth. God I'd forgotten about that. Wasn't he in their offices or something. I know he was a cricket man. Was shitting himself :P
I think he was working at the FM station that had been given the team on the promise they wouldnt broadacst it. I miss the caustic wit of Knob, Piston, Smashed Hat, Backie and co.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Last I heard, Sir Knobalot was doing the old-man-on-a-motorbike thing.

If that isn't enough to bring him out of retirement, nothing will :D

I do not miss Scotty's Sexual Fantasy. NO wait. Keri - you're SSF aren't you :P
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Yeah, Nah.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

I miss the old days in the testing forum with Robbie, Back 2 back, Daisy, Piston, jay_1972 and others ... you'd have daily thread that went 200 posts bagging each other. daisy and backie had a love/hate relationship :lol:

those were the days.... when work was secondary to BT

Windy_Hill wrote:Pazza, Dodgey, Rama Fan and Bargey - all good value and would welcome them back.
I've never left :wink:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

dodgey wrote:I miss the old days in the testing forum with Robbie, Back 2 back, Daisy, Piston, jay_1972 and others ... you'd have daily thread that went 200 posts bagging each other. daisy and backie had a love/hate relationship :lol:

those were the days.... when work was secondary to BT

Windy_Hill wrote:Pazza, Dodgey, Rama Fan and Bargey - all good value and would welcome them back.
I've never left :wink:
just shy hey Dodge!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Staggy wrote:Yeah, Nah.
"Yeah nah, Sheeds said it was probably going to be good".

Do you remember that one? When we found out that Sheedy was ghost riding Lloyd's column on the website.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

How could I forget Jay?
topdon
Club Captain

Post by topdon »

I don't post here much anymore, if ever, but i remember when Brad had an Essendon fan site on Vicnet that i was a member of. It then became Bombertalk, and part of the EFC website. Geez, that would have been back when i was in 1st year uni (1996). I'm getting a bit long in the tooth, but the gold old days were great. Loved the Kiwi cricketers, pizza and bardgey .... good times.

I used to post long-winded threads back then, but these days i can't be bothered typing more than a paragraph. These days i hang around Bomberblitz and Bigfooty as they've provided great entertainment value (especially BB after a loss!)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

topdon wrote:I don't post here much anymore, if ever, but i remember when Brad had an Essendon fan site on Vicnet that i was a member of. It then became Bombertalk, and part of the EFC website. Geez, that would have been back when i was in 1st year uni (1996). I'm getting a bit long in the tooth, but the gold old days were great. Loved the Kiwi cricketers, pizza and bardgey .... good times.

I used to post long-winded threads back then, but these days i can't be bothered typing more than a paragraph. These days i hang around Bomberblitz and Bigfooty as they've provided great entertainment value (especially BB after a loss!)
Hey TD, just out of interest, what is your avatar doing - not sure thats entirely appropriate on a family forum like BT
topdon
Club Captain

Post by topdon »

Windy_Hill wrote:
topdon wrote:I don't post here much anymore, if ever, but i remember when Brad had an Essendon fan site on Vicnet that i was a member of. It then became Bombertalk, and part of the EFC website. Geez, that would have been back when i was in 1st year uni (1996). I'm getting a bit long in the tooth, but the gold old days were great. Loved the Kiwi cricketers, pizza and bardgey .... good times.

Hey TD, just out of interest, what is your avatar doing - not sure thats entirely appropriate on a family forum like BT
Dancing is inappropriate? :shock:
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Anyone know whatever happened to Vintage 62 ? Always found his posts to be good reading.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

topdon wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Dancing is inappropriate? :shock:
Oh...he's dancing!! Silly me :lol:
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I'd forgotten about pizza and bardgey. That was hilarious when they used to post.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I remember the vicnet site - I didn't post because the guys were largely very sexist and hung copious amounts of shit on chicks in there, and I was a mere... 15 years old and not so brave as I am now :D
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Megan wrote:I remember the vicnet site - I didn't post because the guys were largely very sexist and hung copious amounts of shit on chicks in there, and I was a mere... 15 years old and not so brave as I am now :D
Puts you in about my age group Megan......
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.