Lovey: WOW

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Re: Lovey: WOW

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:
hop wrote:Whatever happens with Lovett it reinforces my faith in Knights.

Discipline and effort are the two by-words required at EFC. =D>
I agree. Except when……..the club entertains the idea of recruiting blokes like Kerr and Didak – two blokes who have damaged the reputation of their respective clubs with repeated anti-social behaviour and caused tens of thousands of dollars in lost sponsorships.
It would be interesting to see how impressed Samsung would be with the idea of Kerr wearing their brand!!
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

interesting about the talk in Kerr.

I'd have him. I just would be careful about the devil in the detail.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Not sure if this link will work. A mate of mine who barracks for the Swans showed me this thread about Lovett. Some funny shit in there......particularly when some suggest they would rather get Dyson instead :shock:

http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/ ... hp?t=26227
I'd take Dyson. They can keep Lovett thanks.
If you want good meat on the plate, what about Courtney Johns? Could be handy on our forward line. He may be injured until late next year, but he is a young punk with plenty to offer IMO.

Other than that, Ricky Dyson sounds like a top choice if we are to chase quick midfielders.
:lol:
Essendunny
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

unfortunately with the draft going to be ficked for the next few years, quite a few people may be up for trade (others have certainly already been given the heave at essendon and other clubs - look at freo for example)
I think the value of Lovey as trade bate would be quite dimished this year as everyone will be wanting picks
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:Not sure if this link will work. A mate of mine who barracks for the Swans showed me this thread about Lovett. Some funny shit in there......particularly when some suggest they would rather get Dyson instead :shock:

http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/ ... hp?t=26227
I'd take Dyson. They can keep Lovett thanks.
If you want good meat on the plate, what about Courtney Johns? Could be handy on our forward line. He may be injured until late next year, but he is a young punk with plenty to offer IMO.

Other than that, Ricky Dyson sounds like a top choice if we are to chase quick midfielders.
:lol:
Let's hope Sydney think like their fans. :wink:
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I would trade Dyson for just about anything, any team could offer us.

(i am working on the theory that most other humans have a spine?)
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I have a few mates that rate Dyson

I just say that they obviously dont watch a lot of Essendon games

I have always stuck up for him and prayed he would make it but last weeks game was the final straw for me... The guy is a squib!!
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Channel Ten's reporting Freo, WC, and WB are all keen to get Lovey. Don's want a top ten pick to try snare Rischitelli from Bris Vegas. I can't see the top ten thing happening though...

:-k
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Doctor Fish wrote:Channel Ten's reporting Freo, WC, and WB are all keen to get Lovey. Don's want a top ten pick to try snare Rischitelli from Bris Vegas. I can't see the top ten thing happening though...

If West Coast trade Kerr for a couple of top 10 picks, it could easily trade one with us to get Lovett, which we'll pass on the Brisbane to get Rischitelli. It's possible, but it depends on the "IF".

Or if Freo trade that piece of shit Josh Carr back to Port Adelaide for a top 10 pick, they could dangle that carrot for Lovett and we'd give it to Brisbane for Rischitelli. But I can't see Port giving a 1st rounder for that junk.
Essendunny
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Rischitelli has had a history of groin troubles eh... Hmmm.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

BenDoolan wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:Channel Ten's reporting Freo, WC, and WB are all keen to get Lovey. Don's want a top ten pick to try snare Rischitelli from Bris Vegas. I can't see the top ten thing happening though...

If West Coast trade Kerr for a couple of top 10 picks, it could easily trade one with us to get Lovett, which we'll pass on the Brisbane to get Rischitelli. It's possible, but it depends on the "IF".

Or if Freo trade that piece of shit Josh Carr back to Port Adelaide for a top 10 pick, they could dangle that carrot for Lovett and we'd give it to Brisbane for Rischitelli. But I can't see Port giving a 1st rounder for that junk.
Can you on-trade picks though?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

dom_105 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Can you on-trade picks though?
Yes you can, and as of last year, if you trade for a pick, you dont have to use that pick, so the trade system keeps moving. Probably the best rule they have introduced in years.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Finished last night in the backline on Mile! :shock: Provided some run. Was this a last chance to show something else, or greater commitment, or just because everyone else had failed, might as well put him there?
bomberdonnie wrote:I have a few mates that rate Dyson

I just say that they obviously dont watch a lot of Essendon games

I have always stuck up for him and prayed he would make it but last weeks game was the final straw for me... The guy is a squib!!
Add my idiot brother to that list. :roll:
But he does watch plenty of Essendon games.
Soft going for the ball. Doesn't chase and tackle anywhere near hard enough. Isn't damaging enough to overcome those 2 flaws. Piss off.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Lovett would fit in at WC.

I was disinterested in trading him until the ump told him he stepped over the line kicking in, and it was against the rules and he replied "Says who?"

Says who?

Too much attitude. Sorry Lovey, you'll carve us up I'm sure but...
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

With all his faults, I would be staggered if Lovett goes. The kid is a real match breaker and oozes talent altho a shit attitude.

Surely Knights could take him on as a challenge rather than discard him. Sheedy would.

I reckon this is an attempt to scare the crap out of him.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark