Adelaide Neanderthals

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Adelaide Neanderthals

Post by BenDoolan »

Wonder if the Adelaide Neanderthals who saw fit to vandalise the homes of Robert Shaw and Gary Ayres will make their way to Neil Craig's house and fire bomb it. Well, what do ya reckon you bunch of feral morons??

What's Neil Craig's excuse of continually flopping at the business end of the seaosn? Is it just that he has a list of non committed, chicken hearted marshmallows who refuse to put their head over the ball, or simply that he cannot produce a winning game plan in September?

Today's effort was pissssssssssssssssssssssss weak.
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Re: Adelaide Neanderthals

Post by MH_Bomber »

I totally agree. I dont like their game style at all and his record in finals is abysmal. He seems to be treated as some kind messiah over there with very little justification.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Can't quite put my finger on Adelaide. They've outperformed most expectations since Craig took over in the H&A season, but have continually flopped in finals.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I have a feeling that Adelaide might struggle next season. They have aging stars such as Edwards, Goodwin and McLeod coming towards the end and not many of their youngsters stand out. I suppose that if the Crows had of finished 4th things may have been a little different.

Brent Reilly seems to be on the outer at the Crows, maybe he could be a target for us.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I reckon their finals problem are to do with their list.

Similar to North Melbourne, they really only have an average list (a few extra midfield stars perhaps) who are excellently coached by Craig David. He gets the best out of all his players during the, who play a really good team game. But when push comes to shove in the finals, they simply aren't good enough.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
duke
Top Up Player

Post by duke »

A week after Adelaide played the Western Bulldogs at AAMI in pouring rain, they both lose. I don't think that game did either the Bulldogs or the Crows any favours.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Finals footy is won at the contest, not in the coaches box. Craig and Eade are tactically astute coaches who have got the best out of mediocre lists. But finals footy adds 10% more pressure right across the board and games built on precision rather than grunt and committment fall apart.

Basketball is the same - you can win a whole lot of games in the regular season with smaller line-ups and nifty tactics but once it hits the play-offs you've just got to pound it inside and let the big men go to work.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

andrewb and j-mac are spot on,
average list at best which has over acheived in the H&A, but can not pull out any extra when most others do for the finals.
also heavy reliance on old stars that just dont have any more to give.

will not make the 8 next year
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS