Reiwoldt

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Reiwoldt

Post by BenDoolan »

Or this one...

Essendunny
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Stop it !!!! You'll make him cry! How dare someone touch him we all know its illegal! FFS!! :roll:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Where's the bronx cheer emoticon when you need it? Finally plays a good game in the finals, when it counts, and when the team needed him most. Must say, he played very well. But can you duplicate that next week Nicky?

Oh, and talking about overrated gimps, how was Travis Cloke tonight? Message to you Malthouse and every other f stick that talks this bloke up - he's shit scared of the tough stuff. Complete pretender.
Essendunny
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Just goes to show how over rated Collingwood are.
What's their excuse this time?
Blockbuster fatigue?
Colliwobbles?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

billyduckworth wrote:Just goes to show how over rated Collingwood are.
What's their excuse this time?
Blockbuster fatigue?
Colliwobbles?
The excuse this time should be "Malthouse". Nathan Brown was getting totally smashed by Riewoldt......was never in any contest whatsoever. He left him on Riewoldt for almost 3 quarters and then moved Maxwell onto him. Maxwell was able to limit Riewoldt's influence immediately. I personally think Malthouse's time is up at Collingwood. They should make the move and tap him on the shoulder. Buckley awaits.
Essendunny
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

BenDoolan wrote:The excuse this time should be "Malthouse". Nathan Brown was getting totally smashed by Riewoldt......was never in any contest whatsoever. He left him on Riewoldt for almost 3 quarters and then moved Maxwell onto him. Maxwell was able to limit Riewoldt's influence immediately. I personally think Malthouse's time is up at Collingwood. They should make the move and tap him on the shoulder. Buckley awaits.
I think next year will be his last, too. By the end of next year, assuming Collingwood don't win the flag (which i very much doubt they will), Malthouse will have coached continuously for 15 years without a flag, and will have coached 26 years for 2 flags. He'll also be 56 by the end of next year and as the last few years have shown with Sheeds, Pagan and Matthews all having gone, once a coach is in their late 50's without recent success, they're battling to hang on to their jobs.

Although he hasn't brought a premiership to Collingwood, i still think he's done pretty well with what he's had. I would assess his time at Collingwood as good insofar as he's been able to get where he has with the lists he's had, but mediocre in the sense that, 9 years in to the job, he still hasn't put together a list that looks close to a premiership. It's still amazing to think how close they were to beating Brisbane in 2002 when you look at their team that day; look back and laugh at some of the junk they had! Betheras, Freeborn, Lonie, McKee, Molloy, Leon Davis getting 0 possessions, Steinfort, Rocca...the list of mediocre crap is almost endless!

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/game ... 20928.html
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Ah, the joy I got from seeing all those c*nts leaving the ground early in the last, just pure bliss.

Had a ticket to go, decided to take the missus out for dinner.

BLOODY SPEWING!!!!!!!!!!!!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Rossoneri wrote:Ah, the joy I got from seeing all those c*nts leaving the ground early in the last, just pure bliss.

Had a ticket to go, decided to take the missus out for dinner.

BLOODY SPEWING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Went with my old man who is a Sainter. Loved seeing them all go early. Even my dad (who is a very conservative accountant and barely says anything at the game) was waving and signing "good bye!" :lol:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I went to the game and will be going again this week if their are still AFL seats. My uncle barracks for the filth and asked if was going to be going for them. I replied, "If the Pies were playing the Nazis I would tempted to go for Adolf's boys".

I think this thread is pretty harsh on a guy who is obviously in the elite tier of the comp and who would get a game for any team. I think he came 6th in the players vote.

I'm hoping the saints do the job, but I woudln't mind seeing the Hawks V Cats granny. Should be an absolute corker.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Filthy wrote:
Sismis wrote:I went to the game and will be going again this week if their are still AFL seats. My uncle barracks for the filth and asked if was going to be going for them. I replied, "If the Pies were playing the Nazis I would tempted to go for Adolf's boys".

I think this thread is pretty harsh on a guy who is obviously in the elite tier of the comp and who would get a game for any team. I think he came 6th in the players vote.

I'm hoping the saints do the job, but I woudln't mind seeing the Hawks V Cats granny. Should be an absolute corker.
After that last whinging game against us....f*** him Sis. :evil:
He's bought himself some credit in my books by almost singlehandedly knocking the filth out!
Chris
Top Up Player

Post by Chris »

You guys are way to harsh and a little one eyed I think.

Reiwoldt is a bloody champion!! Not a legend amongst Hird, Carey, Lockett, Ablet, Ricciuto etc. but certainly a champion ranked deservedly alogside greats such as Lucus, Richo and Hall.

The hype is admittedly amplified by being a no.1 draft selection, but who in that draft has gone past him? I think he deserves the respect and accolades that come his way. Sure he isnt the toughest CHF around, but he is fearless, doesn't back out of a contest even with the flight of the ball, and he gives his side everything he has, which is allot more than some blokes on our list have given us.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Chris wrote:You guys are way to harsh and a little one eyed I think.

Reiwoldt is a bloody champion!! Not a legend amongst Hird, Carey, Lockett, Ablet, Ricciuto etc. but certainly a champion ranked deservedly alogside greats such as Lucus, Richo and Hall.

The hype is admittedly amplified by being a no.1 draft selection, but who in that draft has gone past him? I think he deserves the respect and accolades that come his way. Sure he isnt the toughest CHF around, but he is fearless, doesn't back out of a contest even with the flight of the ball, and he gives his side everything he has, which is allot more than some blokes on our list have given us.
Oh yeah, poor Nick :roll:
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

He's a peanut.

No.1 draft pick, Rising Star winner, AA guru, labelled a "champion" and a "superstar" but is only an average finals player at best.

Chucked a good tantrum tonight. Must think he should never be penalised for a free kick. Considering he recieves a fair share, why don't you just get stuffed Nick.
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Riewoldt's ode to Harvey.
Riewoldt conceded he and his fellow forwards would find life a bit harder without Harvey’s crisp and clean delivery from the midfield.

“My goal tally will probably halve next year. As a forward, you always hear about (the days of) Harvey to Lockett. He’s one of the best guys to play with,” he said.

“He racks so much of the ball up, and his delivery is the best in our team and it has been for a long time. I’m going to miss him from that perspective.”
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Went last night. Reiwoldt was utter pants. Kicked three goals in three minutes in junk time in the third term. When the heat was on and the game was there to be won, he never even got near it. [-X
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

True, but he had plenty of mates last night. Dal Santo, Kozzie, Hayes (carrying an injury I know) and many more. Hudgton and Raph Clarke are probably the only 2 who could be happy with their efforts last night.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

azza78 wrote:True, but he had plenty of mates last night. Dal Santo, Kozzie, Hayes (carrying an injury I know) and many more. Hudgton and Raph Clarke are probably the only 2 who could be happy with their efforts last night.
Tend to agree azza...and damn it was good to watch Bateman's tag on Dal Santo...wore him closer than a second skin...
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

azza78 wrote:True, but he had plenty of mates last night. Dal Santo, Kozzie, Hayes (carrying an injury I know) and many more. Hudgton and Raph Clarke are probably the only 2 who could be happy with their efforts last night.
Yes, he did have a few mates ... BUT, the media's been banging on about how great a leader he is and how he should be AA captain - well I failed to see any of those qualities in his performance on the weekend. If you're the captain, you better stand up when your team is under the pump and he did squat.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Nazi Nic always has been and always will be a cheek-puffing nancy boy who tantrums and struts because he honestly believes the hype that surrounds him.

I don't think I have disliked a player as much since Greg Williams.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.