Footy Show

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Footy Show

Post by Daisy..1 »

....The players review would have to be getting worse and worse each year...same old players, same old routines...BLAH!

....The one that shocked the crap out of me was the sight of one of my heart throbs growing up, James Freud...he looked like Ozzie Osbourne's twin brother!!! I could not believe that was him..i read his book and know he took alot of bad stuff...but by christ..he should be dead!! :|
Image]
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Does anytone know why Jonathan Brown threw a water bottle at Sam earlier in the year?

I missed the show that night.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Aker vs. Brown could get ugly.
Whos your tip for the GF Aker?
To be honest? I dont give a shit.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Way to behave when you are looking for new employer! If I was the President of an AFL club, and I imagine I will be in the very near future, I wouldn't have been impressed with Aka's performance.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

gringo wrote:Way to behave when you are looking for new employer!
Exactly. I've never understood the rationale behind getting Aker to Essendon. He's an out-and-out tosser, and i wish whichever club takes him the very best of luck because they'll sure as hell need it.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

robrulz5 wrote:Does anytone know why Jonathan Brown threw a water bottle at Sam earlier in the year?

I missed the show that night.
All night they were joking about how Browny was going to smash newman, and all night sam was using big words that Browny didn't know and was then trying to explain them to him. Browny didn't care but at the very end of the night just for some fun when newman did it again Browny stood up and said something along the lines of "I'm here to talk footy not get a bloody english lesson" and then he threw the watter bottle.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Brown is a dickhead. Big tough man. Going to teach aker a lessen if he stays? You tosser, there was no problem with his antics when he helped in 3 premierships, but now, they have a problem with it.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Exactly. I've never understood the rationale behind getting Aker to Essendon. He's an out-and-out tosser, and i wish whichever club takes him the very best of luck because they'll sure as hell need it.
Whichever club takes him will do so with the knowledge that they are getting someone who's:

1. not a standard AFL Robot
and
2. a damn good footballer

Whoever gets him is lucky IMO
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

danstar84 wrote:Brown is a dickhead. Big tough man. Going to teach aker a lessen if he stays? You tosser, there was no problem with his antics when he helped in 3 premierships, but now, they have a problem with it.
Thats the thing that shits me with the Brisbane/Aker thing. They didnt have a problem when they were winning. Face it they needed something to take away from their dimsal season and the fact they're starting a long long downward curve. Who they gonna blame next year?
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

swoodley wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:
Whichever club takes him will do so with the knowledge that they are getting someone who's:

1. not a standard AFL Robot
and
2. a damn good footballer

Whoever gets him is lucky IMO
Apsalutely agree.

Hope the Dogs make the deal.

I wanted him at Essendon, but if he doesn't wasnt to come here, id rather not bother as we would have to pay a big price to get him in an open market.

He suits the dogs anyway. Champion player who will be an on field leader for the next 3 seasons. Add to that the publicity for the Bull Dogs and hopefully more interest in memberships.

Unlike mathews, Eade will be far more capable of dealing with ackers media comments with some toung in cheek responses of his own im sure.

Only thing im dissapointed in is never seeing the Acker vs Sheedy media circus. Would have been one of the more entertaining battles. lol
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

danstar84 wrote:Brown is a dickhead. Big tough man. Going to teach aker a lessen if he stays? You tosser, there was no problem with his antics when he helped in 3 premierships, but now, they have a problem with it.
exactly! i wish i had of seen the show now but everyone was telling me why do you hate brown he is a good guy..... he proved my point for me, twit!!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

People who say that Aker is just being used as a decoy to disguise a poor Lions season, i think, are both being overly simplistic as well as missing the point.

When they were winning flags, most of the stuff i remember him going on about in the media was to do with bagging other clubs, talking himself up, general cockiness, and so on. That's fine. When they were winning i don't ever recall Aker having anything substantially negative to say about his own club or its associated interests, and i assume that's why they tolerated it.

I think the problem has arisen because he's opened his mouth on the WRONG issues over the last 12-18 months - it has nothing to do with Brisbane using him as a scapegoat for their poor form.

As i said, in 01-04, he was shooting off at the mouth in relation to almost everything EXCEPT his own club. But, over the last 12-18 months, he has said some bloody stupid and highly inflammatory things (in the media) about Leigh Matthews, Michael Voss, Brisbane Lions administrators, other Lions teammates etc. and frankly that is a completely different kettle of fish in my book to the interactions Aka had with the media when they were winning in 01-04.

He can squeal all he likes but he's done a lot to piss off quite a few people, and i think he deserves all the acrimony that will come his way.

Self-serving dickhead with a big mouth and small brain to match. Don't be sucked in to thinking he's the victim.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:People who say that Aker is just being used as a decoy to disguise a poor Lions season, i think, are both being overly simplistic as well as missing the point.

When they were winning flags, most of the stuff i remember him going on about in the media was to do with bagging other clubs, talking himself up, general cockiness, and so on. That's fine. When they were winning i don't ever recall Aker having anything substantially negative to say about his own club or its associated interests, and i assume that's why they tolerated it.

I think the problem has arisen because he's opened his mouth on the WRONG issues over the last 12-18 months - it has nothing to do with Brisbane using him as a scapegoat for their poor form.

As i said, in 01-04, he was shooting off at the mouth in relation to almost everything EXCEPT his own club. But, over the last 12-18 months, he has said some bloody stupid and highly inflammatory things (in the media) about Leigh Matthews, Michael Voss, Brisbane Lions administrators, other Lions teammates etc. and frankly that is a completely different kettle of fish in my book to the interactions Aka had with the media when they were winning in 01-04.

He can squeal all he likes but he's done a lot to piss off quite a few people, and i think he deserves all the acrimony that will come his way.

Self-serving dickhead with a big mouth and small brain to match. Don't be sucked in to thinking he's the victim.
I think you've summed it all up perfectly.
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Re: Footy Show

Post by Koala »

Daisy..1 wrote:....The one that shocked the crap out of me was the sight of one of my heart throbs growing up, James Freud...he looked like Ozzie Osbourne's twin brother!!! I could not believe that was him..i read his book and know he took alot of bad stuff...but by christ..he should be dead!! :|
Daise, I thought the same thing. I was horrified! One of my best "childhood" memories crashed and burnt :(
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Re: Footy Show

Post by dodgey »

Koala wrote:
Daisy..1 wrote:....The one that shocked the crap out of me was the sight of one of my heart throbs growing up, James Freud...he looked like Ozzie Osbourne's twin brother!!! I could not believe that was him..i read his book and know he took alot of bad stuff...but by christ..he should be dead!! :|
Daise, I thought the same thing. I was horrified! One of my best "childhood" memories crashed and burnt :(
surely he wasn't as bad as Paul Young ???