what hurts more ted?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hird22
Regular Senior Player

what hurts more ted?

Post by hird22 »

not getting a go at the dons?
or losing a grand final by ONE point!
hahahahaha!!!
(p.s to all the "WE LOVE TEDDY LOLZ!!11" people, i don't give a shit, he left essendon, HE was a prick giving all his stuff to the salvos and turned his back on the club that gave him a start. no apologies here)
congratulations eagles, the lesser of two evils
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I really doubt he cares a rats toss about your thoughts on this matter.

You contribute to a web forum - he plays AFL football

Hardly a comparison
team
Top Up Player

Post by team »

what will be hurting him the most is his out of bounds on the full in the dying moments.
today is not yesterday
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

I am very happy to have Courtney Dempsey in lieu of the Bear. Teddy's many errors in the 2nd half were telling.
Marillion
Top Up Player

Post by Marillion »

Well done Ted,i never wanted you to leave the Bombers but good luck to you.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Ted played a ripper. Good luck to him.

Was in the best five players on the ground IMO.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I hope Sheeds learns from this. If you get rid of a player, they go on to play a GF. If Sheeds wants whats best for Henneman, trade him to anoth4er club and then he might play in a GF too.

Hey, if Sydney can carry LRT for two years to a GF than they should be able to do it for Hennehack
SuperSonic
High Draft Pick

Post by SuperSonic »

team wrote:what will be hurting him the most is his out of bounds on the full in the dying moments.
I think Goodes kick to Embley right on the tits with a few seconds left was even worse.
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

SuperSonic wrote:
team wrote:what will be hurting him the most is his out of bounds on the full in the dying moments.
I think Goodes kick to Embley right on the tits with a few seconds left was even worse.
footsteps....footsteps!!!! :oops:
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Crikey there's some vindictive wankers on this site.

If i were Ted Richards i'd be over the moon - he's gone from a club that finished 15th to a Grand Finalist team, he's getting regular game time, he played very well in the biggest game of the year, and he's probably getting paid a shitload more in Sydney.

I don't see why some people feel the need to spite him at every opportunity. Frankly, it's quite pathetic.
team
Top Up Player

Post by team »

Not sure about anyone else but I wasn't being vindictive.

More the opposite. Been a Sheedy supporter through and through and when the change comes want it to be amicable without any bitterness.

But to see a former Essendon player who wasn't given a go at Essendon try his guts out the way he did for another club says in no uncertain terms that Essendon has a coaching problem. His tackle on Embley in the third quarter was the best or second best of the game. Buchanan came from no where to lay a beauty as well.

But imagine a team of Essendon players putting in the way he did yesterday.

Far from having a vindictive set on the matter, Ted's game yesterday was a watershed moment for Essendon through my eyes.

We can't hide from the fact that we aren't being coached well. Sheedy will probably turn Ireland on its head but I really don't think he has the wherewithal to put a premiership together again.
today is not yesterday
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

team wrote:Not sure about anyone else but I wasn't being vindictive.

More the opposite. Been a Sheedy supporter through and through and when the change comes want it to be amicable without any bitterness.

But to see a former Essendon player who wasn't given a go at Essendon try his guts out the way he did for another club says in no uncertain terms that Essendon has a coaching problem. His tackle on Embley in the third quarter was the best or second best of the game. Buchanan came from no where to lay a beauty as well.

But imagine a team of Essendon players putting in the way he did yesterday.

Far from having a vindictive set on the matter, Ted's game yesterday was a watershed moment for Essendon through my eyes.

We can't hide from the fact that we aren't being coached well. Sheedy will probably turn Ireland on its head but I really don't think he has the wherewithal to put a premiership together again.
I wasn't referring to you, team. I was referring to a certain number of posters on this forum who abuse the guy at every opportunity, and you're not one of those people.
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Well in that tackle that Chick layed as Teddy kicked it out on the full, he smacked his head on the ground and can't remember the game! Not sure if that would be a good or bad thing from his perspective.
hird22
Regular Senior Player

Post by hird22 »

Windy_Hill wrote:I really doubt he cares a rats toss about your thoughts on this matter.

You contribute to a web forum - he plays AFL football

Hardly a comparison
Whether i'm an AFL footballer or a poster on a forum is irellevant. doesn't change the fact he is an average at BEST player, and gets found out when the players around him aren't very good players.
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

Rapt for Teddy. Went from playing mostly in a second rate comp to the big dance. That's something to celebrate if ever I've heard it. And apart from a couple of mistakes late he showed he well and truly belongs there. And you can even look at those errors as him stepping up to the plate and getting the footy when a few of his mates, and even a couple of his victorious opponents, were hiding in the wings.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Why the venom? Just because he left the club (the club did nothing to stop him, in fact, they encouraged him to go), and went somewhere where he was wanted doesn't mean he's a prick. F***, why wouldn't anyone pursue a career where they could have an apportunity to contribute to success? Ted Richards was told that he would have limited opportunities if he stayed at the club, and if he had a better offer he should consider it. Well he did, and he nearly contributed to a Premiership. He may not be the most talented footballer in the league, but he gives absoultely everything in endeavour. Good luck to him. Were you also pissed off at Damien Hardwick when he won a Premiership at Port, or Caracella at Brisbane?
hird22
Regular Senior Player

Post by hird22 »

carra at brisbane yes, hardwick no.
and richards was offered a contract and knocked it back, least get your story right.
who cares, dempsey will be 2000 times the player he'll ever be
beer-man
Club Captain

Post by beer-man »

AnarchicBomber wrote:Rapt for Teddy. Went from playing mostly in a second rate comp to the big dance. That's something to celebrate if ever I've heard it. And apart from a couple of mistakes late he showed he well and truly belongs there. And you can even look at those errors as him stepping up to the plate and getting the footy when a few of his mates, and even a couple of his victorious opponents, were hiding in the wings.
He is average at best......Happy for the pick we got for him. I'm also happy that he got to the big one, but that in itself dosent make him a good player......
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

Ummm....The Bear asked to be traded!! We complied. All other trades like Cara, Heff, Hardwick were due to The Stupid Salary Cap and thou shalt not be successful rule, especially if you are Victorian.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

double post deleted
Last edited by F111 on Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.