CHB problems created by coach

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

The whole CHB line for the EFC is in dire need of a shake up, right now.

If you look at Bradley, Lovett-Murray, Solomon, Welsh, McPhee, Winderlick to name a few......this part of the ground is where we lack any real subtance of quality (2006).

Honestly, plopping Lucas in the hole will not make any difference to a West Coast, Sydney or Collingwood where they will just deliver to the next weakest link in our chain and kick around one possible standout player.

Nope Lucas at CHB is not the answer for mine.

We need a tall, quickish type with good hands and capable on both sides of his body, maybe one of the Cloke boys might fill this role for us. Plenty of body, not bad kicks and potentially a 10 minute run in the ruck could be just the trick.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

84859300 wrote:The whole CHB line for the EFC is in dire need of a shake up, right now.

If you look at Bradley, Lovett-Murray, Solomon, Welsh, McPhee, Winderlick to name a few......this part of the ground is where we lack any real subtance of quality (2006).

Honestly, plopping Lucas in the hole will not make any difference to a West Coast, Sydney or Collingwood where they will just deliver to the next weakest link in our chain and kick around one possible standout player.

We need a tall, quickish type with good hands and capable on both sides of his body, maybe one of the Cloke boys might fill this role for us. Plenty of body, not bad kicks and potentially a 10 minute run in the ruck could be just the trick
No no no and let me think? No
mrredfox
High Draft Pick

Post by mrredfox »

i have said this is the drafts forum but it is relevant here.

I agree to Lucas CHB if we were to draft someone like Kingsley to play HFF this would retain the third marking option and allow Lucas to play CHB all year
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

mrredfox wrote:i have said this is the drafts forum but it is relevant here.

I agree to Lucas CHB if we were to draft someone like Kingsley to play HFF this would retain the third marking option and allow Lucas to play CHB all year
Does the fact Kingsley's a crap set shot at goal, and an even worse field kick, put you off him at all?

He's a dud, and he's not really interested in playing AFL anyway because he's apparently got extensive business interests outside of footy.

Shouldn't, and probably won't be, on an AFL list next year.
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

I wouldnt tough kingsley with a barge pole. I reckon there is enough talent in the forward line. Its CHB that needs the fixing most.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Sol wrote:I repeat a question asked earlier, who is out there that can frequently stop these guys? Let me answer. Apsaluetely no one if the midfield doesnt put pressure on the delivery down there.
No, but give a kid a chance (Lee, Lucy, Hansesn) and he may develop into someone who can.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

j-mac wrote:
Sol wrote:I repeat a question asked earlier, who is out there that can frequently stop these guys? Let me answer. Apsaluetely no one if the midfield doesnt put pressure on the delivery down there.
No, but give a kid a chance (Lee, Lucy, Hansesn) and he may develop into someone who can.
I think you missed my point JMac.

If there is no midfield pressure, I dont care if we get the new Glen Jacovich no one will stop those guys. Our midfielders need to force the opposition to kick to contests and not have the time to spot up leads and plant the ball streight in front with the defender hopelessly out positioned.

For a team that spent so much time chasing we didnt really have enough tackles i think.
Rover 7
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover 7 »

84859300 wrote:The whole CHB line for the EFC is in dire need of a shake up, right now.

We need a tall, quickish type with good hands and capable on both sides of his body, maybe one of the Cloke boys might fill this role for us. Plenty of body, not bad kicks and potentially a 10 minute run in the ruck could be just the trick.
Yeah,Ok exactly.Our total backline is the issue.And like all decent buildings it needs a keystone.
As great as Dustin is that keystone is CHB.That's the start and finish.Scotty ain't in that league and fair go Ben he didn't win a best and fairest at CHB:he played all over the place.
Find someone who can play disciplined footy from there and marshall the troops and we are a long way to another flag.
There have been several in my time and none absolute stars but all had ultimate respect from their teamates.Bit like Sydney is now really.
Discipline has been an issue for too long.
Don't know about the Cloke's.Cut it out.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

exactly why we need two top 5 picks this year.

Somehow we have to trade for the second.

Hope the Blues take Sellar, Luenberger, Gibbs or someone else with pick 1 and take Lachlan Hansen ourselves with pick 2.

Then we use the 2nd pick for the next best midfielder. Would be very tempted to go with Joel Selwood myself. Has had his injuries problems this year, but was made the All-Australian U-18 side as a 16 year old, ripped up the Championships and would've been drafted in the top 10 last year if he was elgible.

I wouldn't allow his injury concerns this year scare us off too much, bet that the Saints and Hawks are still pissed off that they didn't back Chris Judd's healing powers!!!

Not sure how likely this will be to happen though for two main reasons

1. I've heard that the Blues are very impressed with Hansen and arer most likely going to use the number 1 pick on him and

2. How exactly are we going to get a 2nd top 5 draft pick?