The team v Freo

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tom9779
Club Captain

The team v Freo

Post by tom9779 »

Unless I am blind, I can't find it posted.

here it is from afl.com.au.

B: Henry Slattery, Darcy Daniher, David Myers
HB: Tayte Pears, Patrick Ryder, Dustin Fletcher
C: Jason Winderlich, Brent Stanton, Andrew Lovett
HF: Angus Monfries, Matthew Lloyd, Adam McPhee
F: Michael Quinn, Scott Lucas, Alwyn Davey
Foll: David Hille, Jobe Watson, David Zaharakis
I/C (from): Tom Bellchambers, Hayden Skipworth, Courtenay Dempsey, Heath Hocking, Bachar Houli, Jay Neagle, Ricky Dyson

In: Daniher, Myers, Quinn, Zaharakis, Bellchambers
Out: Lonergan (fractured hand), Hurley (quad)
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: The team v Freo

Post by swoodley »

When did Quinn come off the rookie list?

And what does it say about the rest of the list when a kid who hadn't touched a football six months ago is now named in the starting 18 :shock:

Good luck to him and also Zaharakis =D>
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

tom9779 wrote:
B: Henry Slattery, Darcy Daniher, David Myers
HB: Tayte Pears, Patrick Ryder, Dustin Fletcher
C: Jason Winderlich, Brent Stanton, Andrew Lovett
HF: Angus Monfries, Matthew Lloyd, Adam McPhee
F: Michael Quinn, Scott Lucas, Alwyn Davey
Foll: David Hille, Jobe Watson, David Zaharakis
I/C (from): Tom Bellchambers, Hayden Skipworth, Courtenay Dempsey, Heath Hocking, Bachar Houli, Jay Neagle, Ricky Dyson

In: Daniher, Myers, Quinn, Zaharakis, Bellchambers
Out: Lonergan (fractured hand), Hurley (quad)
yeah i like this team, my interchange choices would be Bellchambers, Skippy, Houli, maybe Neagle or Hocking....
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

swoodley wrote:When did Quinn come off the rookie list?

And what does it say about the rest of the list when a kid who hadn't touched a football six months ago is now named in the starting 18 :shock:
I think it says way more about Quinn being an out and out natural star. There are lots of talented footballers that never get anywhere near an AFL list. Even though Quinn is there under a concession(irish rookie) he must have a lot of talent.

We will beat Freo on Saturday night.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Surprised Jetta didn't get a call up considering his form last week. Looks like Jetta, Nash, NLM are being made to work a lot harder. Not such a bad thing I guess....
Essendunny
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

OMG....this team looks just as bad as the one that played StKilda in Round 22 last week. Hoping that we can win this week otherwise it is going to be an interesting start to the year...with Carlton, North and Collingwood all looming in the following rounds. I dont want to sound to pessimistic..but it aint looking good.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

tom9779 wrote:

I think it says way more about Quinn being an out and out natural star. There are lots of talented footballers that never get anywhere near an AFL list. Even though Quinn is there under a concession(irish rookie) he must have a lot of talent.

I hope the team doesn't turn up on Saturday Night because we play on Sunday.

I think Bellchambers, Skipworth, Hocking and Houli will make up the bench. Neagle will be an important player but needs to earn his spot.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

robrulz5 wrote:
tom9779 wrote:

I hope the team doesn't turn up on Saturday Night because we play on Sunday.

I think Bellchambers, Skipworth, Hocking and Houli will make up the bench. Neagle will be an important player but needs to earn his spot.
Yeah thanks, i have had it my head all week for some stupid reason the dons are on saturday night.

they are not, and i've marked the calendar.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Could be an omen Tom...

:-k
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

This might be an overstatement for the sake of sensationalism - but this could well be the most defining game of our season.

If we can't beat this lot of D-Grade rejects over here, then it's going to be one very, very long year...!!!

Backing us in to win by at least 4 goals.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Malky wrote:This might be an overstatement for the sake of sensationalism - but this could well be the most defining game of our season.

If we can't beat this lot of D-Grade rejects over here, then it's going to be one very, very long year...!!!

Backing us in to win by at least 4 goals.

if we lose this I am almost prepared to back us in to win the spoon.
chummy
Top Up Player

Post by chummy »

Playing Quinn pure spin
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

I'm quite happy with giving Quinn a go. It looks like this year is going to be a farked as the last few, especially injury wise. I guess they are making Jetta work hard to get back into the team. He needs to do more when he plays at senior level.

At least you know he will have a crack and put his head over the ball, something a few our our guys should be doing.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

What happened to Hurley? :(
Hope Quinn does get a run.
Although we still have all the "veterans" in, it's a pretty inexperienced team overall!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

BenDoolan wrote:Looks like Jetta, Nash, NLM are being made to work a lot harder. Not such a bad thing I guess....
Yep. Nash and NLM in particular should be getting a tad worried - they can't even get a gig on the emergencies list in spite of us having about half a dozen of our best 22 on the injury list, there are other young guys who are taking their positions in defence (Myers is back pocket this week, Hurley plays as a tall defender, plus Pears and Daniher), and their contracts expire at the end of the year. Too early in the season to say that their positions on the list are in a spot of bother but they'd want to get a wriggle on, particularly NLM.