Goods n'bads

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Re: Goods n'bads

Post by CameronClayton »

Fouldsy, err Filthy, why all the smoke and mirrors? Last week you denied you lived in Mornington Peninsula?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Ah yes, it all makes sense - the number 10's ! Coleman, Fouldsy..... I guess you'd stay clear of "Bluey" Shelton though.
Essendunny
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I preferred 'Brickbots and Roses'.
Last edited by Madden on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Filthy wrote:Brickbots??? :shock:

No BD...loved Bluey (vague recollections but I was very young), Alan Noonan, GO'D and of course the present #10. Garry and I are friends.
Brickbats, that was a mistype.

Still can't believe you're playing both sides of the fence Filth. 8) (You too BD!). Why didn't you just use your BT name over there?
saladin
Regular Senior Player

Post by saladin »

fouldsy's post on BB was complete rubbish. Filthy's on BT is all class :lol:
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Obviously not too many this week but I still have major issues with basic, school boy stuff errors. And its not just not the kids. Early on yesterday, we saw McPhee, Lloyd, Lucas (?), and Hille inexplicably drop uncontested marks out front or on chest. Against Geelong (the team you must judge yourself against), they will make you pay much, much more than Freo did. Just can't do it. Thanks captain obvious.
Its just not on, but its only round 2 and I get the feeling that unlike the recent past, we seem to be building from a low base to hopefully come on strong at the business end of the season, which to me is preferable than a strong start and a petering out season. Like Richmond, freo and Melbourne??? Here's another theory – we aren't very good at the moment. Hawthorn is an example of a team tat would fall into this category.

Tayte Pears will be a great player...love his attitude, leadership potential and aggressiveness.... but he couldn't hit the side of a barn yesterday with his kicks. (6 critical errors) Nothing that experience and training won't fix but against Geelong they will make you pay big time. Hmmmm. Fair point about Pears.

Myers inexplicably had the case of the fumbles yesterday. Appeared unfit like Stants and Lucas but all three will come good. Too good not to. And Lucas, Lloyd and Stants played better the game went on. (BTW Did you see the look on Knightas face at 3/4 time when Dyson's pass (4 critical errors) to Myers fell short Myers fumbles and bingo a shot at goal by Solly who thankfully didn't make us pay. Imagine the spray the 2 of them got) I'm trying to imagine it now Filthy!!!

Stants was being literally physically held off the ball at stoppages and blocked by a guy with his back to the bounce. Same with Lovey. Not one free to either and there's 3 maggots out there!!! Extraordinary. Interrupted pre season shows too with Stants fitness down. Stanton has put in two disgraceful efforts this year and needs a couple of weeks in the twos. Good players get around a tag. Stanton goes to water. You can tell that opposing teams having nothing but contempt for his attitude towards the game.

Still we made only 47 (21% from 2 players) Critical Errors compared to Geelongs 51 against Ninthmond. Against Port (who got thumped...how distressing) we made however 44 so I guess that shows you that quality opposition makes you pay and crap opposition (even at full strength) doesn't. Insightful Filthy. You should have your own TV show. Channel 31 could run it at 11pm on Christmas day.

Umpiring was pathetic. Nuff said. Agreed.

GOODS:

- Coaching....much, much better this week and good to see Knights show some anger and emotion. A good kick up the bum is required to be given sometimes to players. I didn't think Knights was too bad last week. It's our list that is the problem.
- Winning well without the usual influence and contribution from the "L"'s, Stants and Hille is good signs. When they all get games under their belt, watch out. See previous comments about Stanton. Hille had a good game I thought. Lloyd and Lucas were ordinary. Remains to be seen whether they have anything left in the tank.
- Lovey getting it only 17 times but 14 of those were gold & really hurt Freo. Puts him in my top 3. Outstanding year thus far.
- Similarly Watto just grows and grows each week. 30 touches and 28 effective. True leader and an elite mid fielder IMHO. Agree.
- Licha showed us why he is has been sorely missed with all his quinnjuries. Kicked the goal of the year. Handy goal and Winderlich is looking the goods at this stage.
- Not much more to say about Zak and Quinny than has already been said. Both need games and weight training and core strength over the years and will be then superstars. Zak is a Judd look a like but I worry about a Irishman who doesn't drink or party. He is a disgrace to my race!! Hi Filthy
- Fletch just keeps being Fletch. Will leave a hole the size of Magna Zubanski's escape pipe when he retires.
- Darcy Daniher gets it 22 times in his 3-4th game and only makes 2 errors. The breeding is good. If Makybe Diva's son gets $1.5m what would a Daniher get at the Easter Sales? First reasonable game he's played. He wouldn't get a pinch of shit at the Easter Sales.
- Heath and Skip keep doing the hard things and do them well. HH is in his 4th game yet plays like a guy in his 50th. Very impressed with Hocking. Skipworth has strung two good games together.
- Smokey is relishing his job as the 3rd tall. With a bevy of young talls on the way, we should look at trading him.
- Davey laid 8 tackles...bloody 8!!! Out of 53. How we miss him when he doesn't play? Top 5 at the club
- The move up forward of Paddy will look better and better as the weeks pass. He doesn't look good at the moment. Long way to go
- Hank seems to be playing more with his brain rather than his cojones this year. Average player. The pathetic thing about it is that he looks hard, when in reality, it's the softness of the majority of players at Essendon that make him look like a hard nut. Will struggle to keep his spot once we get a full team together.
- Dempsey seemed to refind his pace but like most young blokes needs to take the 1st option...and some older ones too! Done nothing to suggest he'll be any good.
- Gus gets it 21 times...but jeez...something is missing in his game...just can't put my finger on it. I"ll help you out...HE'S SHIT
- Kep just needs to keep that form up against us. I felt sorry for him to be honest. I would have liked to see him play well

Good win....encouraging signs...but it was against the souless Freo. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. This is funny coming from you Filthy…but I do like your enthusiasm.

Interesting selection dramas this week if Spike, Reimers and Lonergan are right to go. You'd think they'd only make 1, 2 at most changes. Dyson, Monfries, Stanton, Dempsey and Slattery don't really deserve a game at the moment. I'd imagine they'll all spend time in the twos over the next month.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Filthy wrote:Are the mysterious Irishman!! 8)

Just an experiment.....can't comment until you try something. I'm up to trying anything except homosexuality. Anyway Jimmy has a nom du guerre' as well. :wink:
name names.....
saladin
Regular Senior Player

Post by saladin »

gringo wrote:
Gus gets it 21 times...but jeez...something is missing in his game...just can't put my finger on it. I"ll help you out...HE'S SHIT
- Kep just needs to keep that form up against us. I felt sorry for him to be honest. I would have liked to see him play well

so you're happy to tell us all that monfries is shit and should be playing reserves, but you feel sorry for an opposition player who is even more shit and wanted him to do well against us? nice.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Filthy wrote:Are the mysterious Irishman!! 8)

Just an experiment.....can't comment until you try something. I'm up to trying anything except homosexuality. Anyway Jimmy has a nom du guerre' as well. :wink:
You should vote Liberal next election. vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Filthy wrote:
No BD...loved Bluey (vague recollections but I was very young), Alan Noonan, GO'D and of course the present #10. Garry and I are friends.
I was more thinking the famous BT poster "Bluey" :wink:

Glad to see the youth having a red hot crack. Zaharakis. Fantastic debut and great use of the ball! Quinn. Great attitude! Has a reluctance to kicking the ball (and his pre-game warm up was funny to watch), but he loves to run and create. Great stuff from these two. Pears and Daniher were terrific down back, and Hocking was again productive in the guts.

You have to wonder about Mark Harvey though. Still clutching on to recycled junk like Bradley and Tarrant, and to a lesser extent, Dean Solomon. Harvs needs to break the Sheedy mould and just coach from within his own gut feelings. Otherwise, he'll be out of a job pretty soon and unemployable as an AFL coach.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:
Filthy wrote:

Glad to see the youth having a red hot crack. Zaharakis. Fantastic debut and great use of the ball! Quinn. Great attitude! Has a reluctance to kicking the ball (and his pre-game warm up was funny to watch), but he loves to run and create. Great stuff from these two. Pears and Daniher were terrific down back, and Hocking was again productive in the guts.

You have to wonder about Mark Harvey though. Still clutching on to recycled junk like Bradley and Tarrant, and to a lesser extent, Dean Solomon. Harvs needs to break the Sheedy mould and just coach from within his own gut feelings. Otherwise, he'll be out of a job pretty soon and unemployable as an AFL coach.
What dd he do BD?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

bomberdonnie wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Filthy wrote:

What dd he do BD?
Shanked every kick. Looked unnatural to him. He was also trying to do the Gaelic thing and kick up the ball off the ground and run with it.
Essendunny