Simon Madden and Gary Foulds on SEN now...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Simon Madden and Gary Foulds on SEN now...

Post by Doctor Fish »

If anyone's interested. Chatting about the good ol' days with Harford...

:wink:
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Re: Simon Madden and Gary Foulds on SEN now...

Post by Doctor Fish »

Madden made a funny point. Gary Foulds ended up with the footy when the final siren sounded in both the 84 and 85 Grand Finals... However, in his excitement at winning he kicked them both away to the crowd. Simon Madden was ribbing him about their value in collectors markets these days...

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Doctor Fish wrote:Madden made a funny point. Gary Foulds ended up with the footy when the final siren sounded in both the 84 and 85 Grand Finals... However, in his excitement at winning he kicked them both away to the crowd. Simon Madden was ribbing him about their value in collectors markets these days...

Not true - I know for sure that the ball was with Terry Daniher in 1984 when the siren sounded.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:Madden made a funny point. Gary Foulds ended up with the footy when the final siren sounded in both the 84 and 85 Grand Finals... However, in his excitement at winning he kicked them both away to the crowd. Simon Madden was ribbing him about their value in collectors markets these days...

Not true - I know for sure that the ball was with Terry Daniher in 1984 when the siren sounded.
Maybe Fouldsy nicked it off TD Windy...
Mick
On the Rookie List

Post by Mick »

Doctor Fish wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Maybe Fouldsy nicked it off TD Windy...
Fairly sure that while TD had the ball when the siren went he handballed it to Foulds and raised his arms.
Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park - Home of the Springfield Isotopes
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mick wrote:
Fairly sure that while TD had the ball when the siren went he handballed it to Foulds and raised his arms.
Correct. And then Foulds kicked the living shit out of it and sent it into orbit.
Essendunny
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Don't know if you guys remember the tip top ad featuring Dermie kinking a goal in the 85 grandfinal.. but I was sitting behind goals as a 10 year old and just about marketed that ball ... but about 25 drunk hooligans smashed me and my Dad in the back...

What a great game. My dad got free tickets earlier in the week .. but gave them away. on saturday morning he started feeling terrible so after little aths we drove in and bought some scalper tickets just at the bottom of the bridge. I'm glad I've been to a winning Grandfinal.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

I have the '84 G.F. Ball.

Ask no qustions - be told no lies!

And yes it was returned to the Social Club that evening. Oh what a night!!!!!!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

hop wrote:I have the '84 G.F. Ball.

Ask no qustions - be told no lies!

And yes it was returned to the Social Club that evening. Oh what a night!!!!!!

This is huge news - you must tell the full story