Because we wanted it more

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Because we wanted it more

Post by s'dreams »

Enuf said

Massive kudos for Knighta to unite an inexperienced team and make them hungry!!!

Desire desire desire!!!! Massive!!!

F***** you carlsucm!!!! Haven't you learned that mercenaries, no matter how good they are, just play the percentages and not make the extra effort?

Long way to go for the season, but looking promising.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Because we wanted it more

Post by Jazz_84 »

yep fantastic way to start the season, great too see our heart beating out of their chests tonight! some players had some errors but turned it around for themselves and thats what it's all about, very proud of the boys
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

sti dreams wrote:Enuf said

Massive kudos for Knighta to unite an inexperienced team and make them hungry!!!

Desire desire desire!!!! Massive!!!

F***** you carlsucm!!!! Haven't you learned that mercenaries, no matter how good they are, just play the percentages and not make the extra effort?

Long way to go for the season, but looking promising.

Cheers - STI
Considering the talent on the sideline...its very impressive.
I reckon the bit of difference this year, is definetly Davey.(altho guys like Licha are huge ins).

To win in a big game tonight is great, means that the young guys will feel a lot more comfortable come Anzac day.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It was a bit like round 3 2001 in reverse when they had so many players out.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Not only did we have desire but our pace absolutely killed them tonight. Our players worked their butts off tonight and it really pissed me off the way some of the Carlton goals came from their players cheating ie refusing to follow their direct opponents and getting easy possessions when we turned it over.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Finally, we actually lift for these sort of games.

You can see how much we wanted to beat them, it was fantastic. Knights said we will go with speed and we did. We seem to be discovering players who love playing in the 4th quarter. Licha and Gus in the final quarter were amazing, they really stepped up.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Its always a pleasure to beat Carlton but last night was even more special. You could see by the reaction of the players after the siren what it meant to win last night. It is a massive confidence boost to a very young team and looking at the players we had out makes it even more pleasing!

Our run and tackling were the difference last night. Davey, Dempsey. Lovey and Licha in particular ran the Blues off their feet. Gus finally produced some decent footy as well!

Long way to go but things are looking very promising. =D>
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Bomber_Fan wrote:Our players worked their butts off tonight and it really pissed me off the way some of the Carlton goals came from their players cheating ie refusing to follow their direct opponents and getting easy possessions when we turned it over.
sorry mate but i dont understand this? could you explain? my reading on this is maybe they read the play and were ready for the turnover, i dunno.
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals