Heath Hocking

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Heath Hocking

Post by rockhole »

With all the excitement of the win, I wanted to recognise the solid performance of Heath Hocking. His 15 possies were a good contribution, but what I liked more was his coolness under fire. From memory, most of his disposals were effective and he has a beautiful left foot.

With in and under players such as Hocking, Spike and young Sam, we have some real desperation at the pill as well as genuine toughness.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
F111
Essendon Legend

Re: Heath Hocking

Post by F111 »

His contribution has been very good, and will only add to the pressure at the selection table when the list recovers further. Lonergan is the player that comes to mind competing for a similar role..more so than anyone else I can think of.
Rover 7
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover 7 »

Like the cut of his jib.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Its good to have another hard body in the middle to help out Jobe while Welshy and McVeigh are out. It will also allow McVeigh to be eased into the season, likewise for Welshy. Even though we need these too, it is not as desperate as it was 6 weeks ago.

Add Prismall and Lonergan and we have a hard nut midfield (Mcveigh, hocking, watson) combined with speed and skill (lovett, Dyson, Davey, Winderlich, Demspey etc)
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
chummy
Top Up Player

Post by chummy »

Heath Hocking and Darcy Danihar played on two of the best in the AFL Judd and Fev they never dropped their heads once ,they won some important possessions and showed great character.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

With Welsh, Lonergan, Prismall and Mcveigh to come back in, it will be intersting to see if he can hold his spot. Knights did mention him as one missing from our best 22 a few times last season, and his form has been brilliant.

These types may end up being pushed onto flanks, also putting pressure on players like Monfries etc to perform. Would you think that if the midfield does get back to full strength that Hocking may be pushed back to play the small defender role, or would Slattery be kept there?

Good problem to have :)
chummy
Top Up Player

Post by chummy »

I think Hocking will be in the starting midfield with Watson and Prismall , I love Slattery's work ethic and commitment but i think he lacks the ability too beat small forwards one on one, i don't think he would make your best 22 ,Dyson and Monfries [evan though he was good after half time on saturday] ,will also have too step up ,but surely this is a good sign for our footy club ,these guys are not terrible players .
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

He's been playing very well. Going to be very tough selecting the midfield if we have most players fit. Puts his head over the ball time and time again. Has also improved upon his kicking since last year which is a good sign.

Watson, Mcveigh, Welsh, Lovett, Lonergan, Hocking, Prismall, Winderlich, Zaka, Houli, Reimers can all play a role.

Guess you need the right combo. You would think the first four and Winderlich are automatic inclusions.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

He's very good Hocking. I think he is in our best 22, and I think he will get better too.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

He has tenacity. Along the lines of Lonergan and Reimers. It's a good commodity to have. The midfield needs a blend of tenacity, skill, class and pace. We're slowly building it....
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Filthy wrote:Good honest tough citizen....every team needs a few...he's one.
I reckon every team needs two or three. Just players who are not as flashy as a Reimers, or as quick as a lovett, or as skillful as a Watson (by hand) or Dyson/Davey/Lovett/Winderlich by foot. But just one of those guys who goes in to get the footy and comes up with it. Like a Cameron Ling at Geelong.

We have 2 at the moment, Hocking and Lonergan and you could count Watson as well.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

Very impressive. Hard at it, poised, and doesn't look overawed by league footy. Not bad for a kid who's played about a dozen games.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

azza78 wrote:Very impressive. Hard at it, poised, and doesn't look overawed by league footy. Not bad for a kid who's played about a dozen games.
Seven games only. Plays like he's played 50. =D>
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

With all the players to come back in there will be some big decisions to make. For mine only Watson and McVeigh are automatic. Welsh was a gun last year and beat nearly all the best midfeilders including Simon Black and Sam Mitchell towards the end of the year. So I think if he can get back to that form then he is in to.

I just have a feeling the Zaharakis and Houli and both champions in the making and even though Hocking, Lonergan, Licha and some others are possible ahead of them at the moment .. I expect that these two will rise to the top over the next few years. Good problem to have and seeing that we have so many injuries it's likely that we will never have them all availlable at any one time.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

They're saying he's out for Sunday. Pulled up a tad sore after last week...
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Out: Foot
:o
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I have busy the last few days and havent got the low down on selections. The paper this morning just says OUT: Myers,Hocking,Jetta This is one time I am glad he is out on by injury because he we be amongst the first selected based on his first 3 game. I hope that he's up for the ANZAC day game. When he gets the ball I feel very sure he's going to make a good decision.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber