Essendon vs North Melbourne Match Thread

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Re: Essendon vs North Melbourne Match Thread

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Sounded f****** horrid on SEN. They're reporting 93 total clangers for the game.

Oh well I might get to see Lloydy get his 900th next Saturday :D
Bombers till' I die
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

tom9779 wrote:i'd love to know how we can only kick the footy 145 times in a match(unless the afl stats are wrong).
nope that sounds about right given our amount of marks
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

They are pretenders, clearly. They have a habit of conning supporters into thinking they are better than they are. The skills are not up to standard and the decision-making is abismal. They need to get a hold of a Geelong video and see good decision-making.

The only players with pass marks today:

Lloyd
Fletcher
Lovett
Hille
(I can't think of any others off the top of my head).

We will get murdered by Collingwood next week with a similar performance.

The worst game of football I have ever seen. It completely wastes last weeks performance.

How Dyson gets a game before Jetta and how Quinn gets a game before Houli is completely beyond me. It is a real disrepect to members and supporters for some of those players getting a game. Quinn clearly is not ready and Dyson wouldn't get a kick in a street fight. Why do they persist. And, McPhee...he needs to pay the price for an experienced player putting in a performance like that.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

The Man from Bomberland wrote:Sounded f****** horrid on SEN. They're reporting 93 total clangers for the game.

I take it I am finally going to get to meet you next week?
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Awful. Us and the f*cking umpires.
1. Lloydy's out on the full wasn't.
2. How is it holding the man if Lovett tackles a bloke who has the ball and drops it?
3. Darcy pushed in the back - no dice.
4. Zaka thrown over the boundary and given holding the ball.
F*cking hopeless.

As for us:
Lucas and McPhee - terrible. Got heaps of the footy but both absolutely butchered it, they both dropped simple marks, they have no team-oriented discipline and McPhee cost us a goal by running onto the ground too soon when Lloyd was lining up. Scotty kept shooting from 60m when it's clear he can't kick that far anymore. I'd be inclined to drop both of them if I thought we had someone else who could play tall.
Dyson - can we just write this guy off now? Fumbles it, can't make decisions, can't kick.
Lloyd - not as good as last week but worked his arse off and nearly won it for us.
Stanton - brilliant. Courage, hard running, good disposal, and a nice goal to lift us in the last quarter.

Our general kicking - atrocious. 150 kicks and 165 handballs, I reckon only two-thirds would have hit targets. They pressured us into mistakes but we didn't do it to them enough.
:evil:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I'd like to apologise for all my remarks this week regarding the game, I feel embarrassed and will never do it again :P We should have won but a thrashing was a bit rich. Oh well I'll stick to being quietly confident, it worked last week.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

robbie67 wrote:
The Man from Bomberland wrote:Sounded f****** horrid on SEN. They're reporting 93 total clangers for the game.

I take it I am finally going to get to meet you next week?
Yeah Robster I believe our paths are going to finally cross. At last I can meet the guy who saved me from music oblivian and turned me on the eventual path to coolness 8)

Having said that I'll always turn it up when I hear the first few bars of Rhinestone Cowboy vingertje vingertje
Bombers till' I die