Adam McPhee

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Adam McPhee

Post by bomberdonnie »

Lost us the game today AND cost our captain from kicking his 900th goal in front of a home crowd.

Cheers Smoke!
stryper
High Draft Pick

Re: Adam McPhee

Post by stryper »

Had a shocker. Butter fingers.Shook my head many times in disbelief.
Whole Team was flat today.
oh well bring on next week.
Watch out Pies
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

bomberdonnie wrote:Lost us the game today AND cost our captain from kicking his 900th goal in front of a home crowd.

Cheers Smoke!
He can kick his 900th on Anzac Day now.
But yes, McPhee was shite.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

McPhee has been average for a long time. But he is a player thats in that middle period(aged 23-28) who we are thin on.

I think he and lucas should prob be played off our backline. Support Pears/Daniher(and Hurley when fit).
If he aint marking it well he could be spoiling the footy.
LND
Top Up Player

Post by LND »

being an adelaide bomber and not seeing the game, i was under the impression, it was Stanton refusing to come off, that got the ball taken off us, not Mcphee....

that is coming from the radio thou,
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

need a massive kick up the arse!!!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

tom9779 wrote:McPhee has been average for a long time. But he is a player thats in that middle period(aged 23-28) who we are thin on.

I think he and lucas should prob be played off our backline. Support Pears/Daniher(and Hurley when fit).
If he aint marking it well he could be spoiling the footy.
Only problem is that McPhee took a mark in the last term across half back, went the big switch, coughed it up and they went down the other end. Good athlete and actually not a bad footballer, but he's got no brains.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Mick
On the Rookie List

Post by Mick »

bomberdonnie wrote:Lost us the game today AND cost our captain from kicking his 900th goal in front of a home crowd.

Cheers Smoke!
He didn't cost lloyd his 900th. Lloyd cost himself 900 by missing from 35 out directly in front.

Mc Phee was the worst of a bad bunch. The amount of kicks to leading forwards that bounced at their ankles. Not acceptable
Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park - Home of the Springfield Isotopes
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Mcphee should be wearing blinkers. Should not be allowed to look across the ground. He was much better when he first came to the club and played simple football. Get the football, run straight and deliver to a free player, your first option.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Played so well first 2 rounds and goes back to NAB Cup shizenhuisen form. Lift your game! He was dreadful today and so were the whole team, minus some exceptions.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Jazz_84 wrote:need a massive kick up the arse!!!!
Yep. Those dropped marks were disgraceful. Bloody pathetic from someone with his experience and ability. His marking is supposed to be his strong point. Very disappointed with his effort today. Lucas not far behind.
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Some would say that by him wearing #33 that he is being disrespectful to Glen Hawker. I say he is being disrespectful to Lachlan Ross.

Absolutely useless player. Drops simple marks, refuses to go the first option. f****** pathetic.

Shows how shit the club was when he can actually win a B&F.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Rossoneri wrote:Some would say that by him wearing #33 that he is being disrespectful to Glen Hawker. I say he is being disrespectful to Lachlan Ross.

Absolutely useless player. Drops simple marks, refuses to go the first option. f****** pathetic.

hmmm thats a little harsh..... it mainly shows how much skill and confidence he has lost since then. He was brilliant and super courageous when he won the B&F. Instead of putting him all over the ground maybe he needs to just stay put in one position and learn how to do that right first.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Some would say that by him wearing #33 that he is being disrespectful to Glen Hawker. I say he is being disrespectful to Lachlan Ross.

hmmm thats a little harsh..... it mainly shows how much skill and confidence he has lost since then. He was brilliant and super courageous when he won the B&F. Instead of putting him all over the ground maybe he needs to just stay put in one position and learn how to do that right first.
Since Knights has started, he has only been playing forward. Reason being that when he f**** up, the other team has 120m to get the ball to the other end.

1st grade dud. When Bradley was gone, I was rapt, no more hacks in the team, no more abuse towards our players.
Well thank you Adam for giving us a player to lay into with your insipid, pathetic, half-arsed shit-for-brains efforts.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Cut the crap Rosso. McPhee was sensational the year he won the B & F. Won it ahead of Hird and a number of other stars in 2004.

He had a super shit day today - all is agreed. But where were your criticisms R1 & 2?
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Stupid reactionary post Ross :roll:

McPhee played well in the first two games and then had a bad one today...from what I've read here and on BB, it would appear that he was far from on his own in terms of playing poorly.

Where's all your vitriol for Lucas if you're going to start attacking players...he missed sitters and hasn't played a good quarter of football this year.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:

Cut the crap Rosso. McPhee was sensational the year he won the B & F. Won it ahead of Hird and a number of other stars in 2004.

He had a super shit day today - all is agreed. But where were your criticisms R1 & 2?
He was shit in those games too, though seeing as we won, thought I would focus on the positives for once. Pretty sure I did mention that he was ordinary, but anyway. How many easy marks did he drops against Freo? And then he got himself reported to boot for a totally undiscipline act. Likewise against Port, drops too many easy marks and misses too many targets.
Today again, gave away a 50m, dropped numerous marks and still can not give it to the first option.
Is he the only player who has racked up double-figure clangers in a game (vs WCE at TD last year)
Last edited by Rossoneri on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

swoodley wrote:

Stupid reactionary post Ross :roll:

McPhee played well in the first two games and then had a bad one today...from what I've read here and on BB, it would appear that he was far from on his own in terms of playing poorly.

Where's all your vitriol for Lucas if you're going to start attacking players...he missed sitters and hasn't played a good quarter of football this year.
Lucas has been poor all year, and his interrupted PS has not helped at all. Do we play him in Bendigo to get some form? Is he probably in his last season? I wont write him off yet, but his game was horrible today also. Difference between Scotty and McPhee is that he has the runs on the board and is a fair bit older.
Thought Lucas was finding some form last week, but was horrible today.
Like I said, do we drop him to Bendigo? The guy has been a champion of the club for many years, done whatever job has been asked of him. Coming back from a severe injury last year and had an interrupted PS, it's very hard to be effective at 31 as a CHF.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Rossoneri wrote:
swoodley wrote:Stupid reactionary post Ross :roll:

Lucas has been poor all year, and his interrupted PS has not helped at all. Do we play him in Bendigo to get some form? Is he probably in his last season? I wont write him off yet, but his game was horrible today also. Difference between Scotty and McPhee is that he has the runs on the board and is a fair bit older.
Thought Lucas was finding some form last week, but was horrible today.
Like I said, do we drop him to Bendigo? The guy has been a champion of the club for many years, done whatever job has been asked of him. Coming back from a severe injury last year and had an interrupted PS, it's very hard to be effective at 31 as a CHF.
Unfortunately, I think it's time that we do drop Lucas...he's had four weeks to show some improvement and it's just not there. the fact that he is older than McPhee gives more weight to him being dropped as it looks like time might have caught up with him (I hope I'm wrong). Terry Daniher and Simon Madden were dropped in the twilight of their careers and they were just as good if not better than Scotty.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

swoodley wrote:Unfortunately, I think it's time that we do drop Lucas...he's had four weeks to show some improvement and it's just not there. the fact that he is older than McPhee gives more weight to him being dropped as it looks like time might have caught up with him (I hope I'm wrong). Terry Daniher and Simon Madden were dropped in the twilight of their careers and they were just as good if not better than Scotty.
Very true.
Will he find form though with less-than-average players kicking it to him? Is he still good enough to find form in the 1's, ala Lloyd?

It is a very tough decision that is going to have to be made very soon. The logical replacement would be Neagle but he has been playing poor in the 2's as well, cant reward poor form from young kids in the 2's. Only other thing is probably bring in Bellchambers (playing ok from all reports) so Paddy can play the full game in attack.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley