Wet Weather Footy

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Wet Weather Footy

Post by bomberflyer »

Hey Guys,

It is pi*sing down with rain here in Adelaide, so I'm thinking it might be wet for Saturday.

I hope we are educated in the subject of wet weather footy. I would have thought Alan Richardson would be a guy who would have relished in these conditions, so, if so, I hope he passes on some good advice.

I'm not sure if these conditions will be a good thing - just because of the build of most of our guys and their inability to get in and under and win the hard footy. I would have thought leg speed would be dimished in such conditions.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Bomberflyer
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Wet Weather Footy

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Teams who move the ball fast like us may struggle i would think in heavier conditions. It will be interesting to see how both sides cope if it is slippery on Sat arvo. With so much footy under the roof at the Dome or in nice conditions these days it could turn into a real slog fest. Real footy players will be found under these conditions!!
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Saturday's forecast..,Not good!!

SAT Rain Showers. Afternoon Clouds. Cool. 17 km/h

Please, no chippy short game if it is wet. Follow the Hawthorn doctrine and just get it forward any way you can, along the ground if need be.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

we have small forwards like Davey, Jetta, Gus and Lovey all playing, surely we will just kick it long if its wet and let our little guys do their work!!! Thats what im hoping anyway!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:we have small forwards like Davey, Jetta, Gus and Lovey all playing, surely we will just kick it long if its wet and let our little guys do their work!!! Thats what im hoping anyway!
I have confidence in these two.
Essendunny