Essendon vs Collingwood Anzac Day Clash Match Thread

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Essendon vs Collingwood Anzac Day Clash Match Thread

Post by paddyl90 »

Well I'm dressed and ready to leave soon, wanna get there early so I don't miss any of the proceedings. Really excited about the game, it's not like any other in the year for us, unless we make a grand final :roll: Although we played extremely poor last week, a win today would for me rectify last weeks crap. Expect rain to hit aout 4 o clock onwards so a quick start is needed before the rain sets in. Bombers better be on this year, last year was appalling! Anyway I hope to come back with a smile on my face and happy BTers writing happy posts :wink:

LEST WE FORGET

AND GO THE BOMBERS!!!!!!
F111
Essendon Legend

Re: Essendon vs Collingwood Anzac Day Clash Match Thread

Post by F111 »

I'm off shortly.
Bomber cap tick.
Bomber scarf tick
Bomber jocks (lucky) tick 8)
Bomber socks tick.

Red and black everything. tick. :D

Let's go. vingertje
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

McVeigh is out for us as expected and Dyson gets another chance at senior level to improve on last week. Good news is that Didak is out for the Pies and Macaffer is in for him.

Surely Medhurst and Rocca wont be completely fit either. The weather is dry so hopefully its to our advantage and we run them off their feet!!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

MASSIVE BLOW..... Hille has limped off with a twisted knee in the first few minutes of the match, even worse Rocca goals and now Macaffer has outmarked Slats already.

Really really poor start. :(
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

We have settled over the past 5 or so mins and now Gus is lining up for goal. Hille is on the bench but doesnt have the knee strapped or anything... maybe he will be back on soon.

Gussy hits the post..... we need better from you Gussy :?
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

geez we have had all the play but have had 4 misses. Gussy and Myers have missed two easy shots each. We need to make the most of these opportunities when we get them. A goal would be very very handy.

We have had all the play but still havent kicked a goal. Lucas dropped another sitter. Now Coll take it forward and Medhurst is lining up for goal.... damn 3 goals to none now.
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

Seriously, need to get Lucas OFF. He is just a joke at the moment. Unforgivable misses at goal....looks like its going to be a long day....please prove me wrong. Medhusrt just starting to warm up...
Image]
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

1/4 time and we are down by 15 points. We completely dominated that quarter even with Hille on the bench with a knee injury. We missed very gettable goals and i hope that doenst cost us later in the match.

Our pressure has been brilliant. Monfries, Dempsey, Ryder, Smokey, Stants and Natrat were very good in that quarter. Jetta and Davey are looking dangerous but Lucas is really struggling. He is hitting the contests hard but needs to start marking the ball cleanly and kicking some goals to get any confidence back in his game. Coll are pretty lucky to have that lead because we really outplayed them.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Lack of polish cost us dearly in that quarter...we should be closer.

Stants and Winderlich playing well...Slattery playing on Medhurst is a recipe for disaster.

Scotty needs to start holding some marks as he is leading Brown to the ball at every contest.

Jobe has taken a couple of ruck contest WTF :shock:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:1/4 time and we are down by 15 points. We completely dominated that quarter even with Hille on the bench with a knee injury. We missed very gettable goals and i hope that doenst cost us later in the match.

Our pressure has been brilliant. Monfries, Dempsey, Ryder, Smokey, Stants and Natrat were very good in that quarter. Jetta and Davey are looking dangerous but Lucas is really struggling. He is hitting the contests hard but needs to start marking the ball cleanly and kicking some goals to get any confidence back in his game. Coll are pretty lucky to have that lead because we really outplayed them.
Wouldnt say we dominated. Had a 10 minute period where we should have scored 1 more goal. Collingwood look more dangerous in atttack and despite us getting lots of the ball, we have no system going forward

Lucas shoud go into Ruck
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Dyson misses another opportunity for a goal. 1.6 is just not good enough. Lovey needs to get in the game more.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Dyson misses another opportunity for a goal. 1.6 is just not good enough. Lovey needs to get in the game more.
speak of the devil.... Lovett scores after some good defensive work again by Smokey and a nice kick by Dyson!!
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

Turn overs turn overs turn overs..bloody hell!!

Monfries to go at goal again..THANK CHRIST!!
Image]
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Shit...if we could limit the turnovers, we could win this game.

A very good effort that quarter except for a few costly turnovers coming out of the back half.

Paddy is rucking well and has been a real presence for us and Jobe has been dangerous.

Some really good passages from Dyson led to two goals for us.

The question is...will we run out of legs?

And speaking of that, I am sick of the bloody channel 10 commentators crapping on about how collingwood had a hard game up in Brisbane last week....for god's sake, they've had two extra days to get over it compared to us.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Given that we have had nothing from Hille (injury), Lloyd and Lucas....not a bad effort. We looked very tired at the end of the 1st half.

Dyson going pretty well
Stanton has been great
Monfries really good
McPhee better
Watson good
Ryder excellent
Lovett getting into the game

I thought Hocking went really well in the second qtr

Winderlich disappeared in that qtr after being our only bright spark in the first term
Need more from Jetta (he's looked totally lost) and Davey
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

If only we could kick straight :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

No faulting the endeavour again in that quarter but lack of finishing skills really hurt us....the game should be over by now and yet collingwood will still believe that the win is there for the taking.

C'mon bombers [-o< [-o< [-o<
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

LUCAS LUCAS LUCAS..how can you miss from there??? WHY is he on the flipp'n ground? Someone tell me why??

And here we go...they will pinch the game
Image]
Splodge
Top Up Player

Post by Splodge »

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje
Carlton Football Club - Surely a contradiction in terms?
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Holy f***
jjono
High Draft Pick

Post by jjono »

You little bloody beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paddy Ryder = serious man-love!! :D