Enough Scotty bashing please...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Enough Scotty bashing please...

Post by Crazyman »

I don't know what has got into people on here, but I am seeing more and more negative posts relating to Scotty.

For mine, yes, he is definately down on form and confidence, however, he is a deadset champ of the club. Also, he is coming back from a serious knee injury and had a significantly interrupted pre-season because of his surgery.

Whilst I know any coach is going to talk players up and be positive, I do think Knighta is right in what he said about Scotty after last weeks game...

Finally, as a champion he deserves a little latitude as he has proven himself over the long run, however, our kids are yet to really stamp any authority and 2/3's of them have been injured more often than not...
F111
Essendon Legend

Re: Enough Scotty bashing please...

Post by F111 »

Here, here. =D> =D>

He's a favourite.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Good on ya Crazyman, good post. Its only a matter of time before he has his breakthrough game like Lloyd vs Blues in Round 3. Don't think it will be this week in the pouring rain but it will come in good time and patience. He got better on the weekend although most of his kicks were turnovers or ineffective, but at least he is doing something rather than playing up forward, instead leading up a bit more. He deserves all the respect from Essendon supporters after all he has done for us in the past so we as supporters need to just be patient and give him time. Hopefully soon.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

In the overall scheme of things, Scott Lucas has been one super consistent and durable players at this club. Prior to his knee injury, he hardly missed a game for years AND he contributed significantly for this club over that time. While it has been frustrating to see him struggle, he certainly deserves a little patience. I'm far more annoyed at the younger fckers who seem to loaf around and not be productive (I think everyone know who I'm referring to....)
Essendunny
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Don't think anyone is Scotty bashing, everyone's just wondering whether he's still got it. Careers end, it's a sad part of footy, and if he can't turn it around in the next three or four weeks he probably needs to think about whether it's better to go out on his terms or someone else's.

Everyone here will be hoping that he comes good. Dead set champion of the EFC.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Lucas will tear those Colliwobbles a new one on Anzac Day. =D>
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

ive said it before and ill say it again, never write off a champion!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Please please ... just have him on the ground (and not the bench) when the game starts and let him just go at it.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I haven't seen anyone bashing Scotty...?

I think a lot of people just think that if he is indeed battling to get back into form after his knee op and interrupted pre season, perhaps he'd be best off getting some confidence up in the twos? Because he IS such a champion, it's painful to watch his mediocre (and that's being a bit kind) performances thus far this season.

I'm still concerned that someone is playing a contact sport with bursitis on the elbow like he does...
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Megan wrote:I haven't seen anyone bashing Scotty...?
Reimers would be the only one.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Half time on ANZAC Day and I am afraid Scotty will be in for a rough week
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

He just looks a shadow of his former self im afraid. That miss right in front of goal at the start of the last quarter pretty much summed up his day. If lloydy has a knee problem and struggles to get up for next week then we will be in big trouble if we rely on Scotty to kick us a winning goal. Hopefully Neagle has a good match for Bendigo tomorrow so we can at least bring him back into the side.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Saw a bit more in him today, I thought, but those shanked kicks... that's what he's paid to do. Kick goals. I still think he could benefit a run in the twos, tho if we lose Lloyd with this knee niggle...
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Megan wrote:Saw a bit more in him today, I thought, but those shanked kicks... that's what he's paid to do. Kick goals. I still think he could benefit a run in the twos, tho if we lose Lloyd with this knee niggle...
Knighta has told MMM that it was a severe corky... hopefully he is right to meet Brissy next week.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

He showed that he has the talent, but like Lloydy, seems he is down on confidence (though Lloydy seems wooried about turning 900). In the first half his team mates were seeking him out (clearly has the respect of his teammates). Did some useful things however! (only one Player let us down ... I'll leave that to Robbie or Gringo to comment)!

BTW ... does the EFC, have a sports psychologist? It is clear Scotty can do it ... but something in his head needs sorting.

Cheers - STI
Last edited by s'dreams on Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

I will fully accept that he's out of form and I probably feel everybody has written him off in the media after a handful of games. He needs a lot more weeks to come good than that and then people can start making their minds up. Scotty has been so important to our structure over the years, I think he is one of the few players that would be a walk up start at Essendon following a long term injury. But I was ropable when he let Nathan Brown run at Lonergan and give him a massive corky. And if I was Lonergan and I saw that footage, I would want to return the favour. He just stood there watching dumbfounded - the lack of a very simple one percenter from a senior player like him is something that I cannot accept. I think Knights should be smarter in his use of Lucas while he recovers his form, I would consider using him as a decoy in our forward line. He will always get the second best defender and I think we should take advantage of that.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

The good thing about today was that this young team has absolute character to win an important game of football without any contribution from Lloyd & Lucas. Lucas is horribly out of form. It was frustrating seeing the majority of forward entries go in his direction knowing the ball will hit the ground. I was sort of hoping that they would just use him as a decoy after half time. But it just showed how gutsy this side is becoming to be able to lift a cog when our champion leaders are down on form.
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Some great leadership was shown by Mcphee today i thought. He came out firing and really played well and was solid for the entire match. A great way to celebrate his 150th!!
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Ah thanks Mrs M, thought it was his knee - corky is bad enough, hopefully they'll work it out for him!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Megan wrote:Ah thanks Mrs M, thought it was his knee - corky is bad enough, hopefully they'll work it out for him!
Yeah a badly corked quad i think, Lonergan got a corky as well be he managed to get back on the ground and play ok.