HOORAY!!!! WE WIN!!! EAT SHIT COLLINGWOOD

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

HOORAY!!!! WE WIN!!! EAT SHIT COLLINGWOOD

Post by boncer34 »

Is there any better feeling in football then beating those pricks on the big stage? Zaharakis. Wow. To have the balls to play on and goal was amazing. Jetta... PICK THE DAMN THING UP. Eddie, go cry. Thomas and Davis, piss off you show boating pricks did nothing all game except for a couple of flashy things at the end when our guys were out on their feet. Still waving your hand in front of your face Leon you arrogant f***? McPhee. Super. Ryder, jeez Ryder. I've said all along he was drafted as a ruckman and should be left there, THAT IS WHY. Wow. I'm still hyper.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: HOORAY!!!! WE WIN!!! EAT SHIT COLLINGWOOD

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

boncer34 wrote:Is there any better feeling in football then beating those pricks on the big stage? Zaharakis. Wow. To have the balls to play on and goal was amazing. Jetta... PICK THE DAMN THING UP. Eddie, go cry. Thomas and Davis, piss off you show boating pricks did nothing all game except for a couple of flashy things at the end when our guys were out on their feet. Still waving your hand in front of your face Leon you arrogant f***? McPhee. Super. Ryder, jeez Ryder. I've said all along he was drafted as a ruckman and should be left there, THAT IS WHY. Wow. I'm still hyper.
Yep pretty much summed up what i am feeling right now!!! Has capped off a great day today... dawn service, watching the march, having the great Jack Jones look me in the eye and say 'Go Bombers' and now this!!!!!!

Lucky Jetta kicked the first of those goals... he was pretty sloppy today!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gutsy effort - par excellence

No Hille, Lloyd or Lucas.

2 Days less to recover

Gone for all money in the last qtr

Yet had the balls to get up off the mat and win.

Great signs for a young team
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

What a contrast to the same time last year? Last year I thought we were going nowhere. Watching Collingwood and Essendon today, I believe Essendon has so much more upside to come than Collingwood. So how things have changed in a year. But jeez they made it hard on us, we should have buried them in that third quarter. Guess it made it all the more sweeter.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
Lucky Jetta kicked the first of those goals... he was pretty sloppy today!
I can't remember what quarter it was but he should have turned to face goals to take a shot. Instead he runs backwards and passes it to a less advantageous situation. What that tells me is the complete lack of confidence - Jetta quite simply needs to be more selfish. I would keep him in the forward line and order him to kick for goal whenever he has the ball in the forward line. Get him to use his instincts rather than follow 'team rules' which perhaps aren't as natural to him.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Windy_Hill wrote:Gutsy effort - par excellence

2 Days less to recover

That sums it up really Windy. I think we'd agree Essendon will probably stuggle this year, but to pick themselves up like they did when they looked gone for all money is the kind of never say die attitude that good sides are built on.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

2 Days less to recover

Well said, and totally agree.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

My SENTIMENTS EXACTLY Boncer.

Except replace LEON with MEDHURST!

Leon's an Old PERTHIE so he gets off Light with me.But Medhurst is a TOOL of the HIGHEST ORDER from HANDBAG LAND in CLAREMONT and a BAD ACTOR!And if he PULLED THAT Mark your Spot SHIT with me,I'd wait until he does it Right in Front of Goal,them POW!He's OUT COLD! :lol: :twisted:
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

2 Days less to recover
Major takeaways from the game right there. I said at the start of the last quarter that we'd get overrun badly (21 men for the entire match, plus Lonergan and Lloyd playing badly injured, and them having an extra few days break), and at the 25 minute mark, that was exactly what had happened.

But no. We kept running and were good enough to clinch it. f****** ding-dong, clinker of a victory.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:

2 Days less to recover
Major takeaways from the game right there. I said at the start of the last quarter that we'd get overrun badly (21 men for the entire match, plus Lonergan and Lloyd playing badly injured, and them having an extra few days break), and at the 25 minute mark, that was exactly what had happened.

But no. We kept running and were good enough to clinch it. f****** ding-dong, clinker of a victory.
Outstanding effort really.

I listened to Matty Knights' presser, and although some people don't like to compare war to footy, Knights said that the theme going into this match was;

"Don't give up, because THEY (ANZACS) never did"
Essendunny