Immediate after match thoughts

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Splodge
Top Up Player

Immediate after match thoughts

Post by Splodge »

1. Knights should tell the team that although they won, they should never had had to do it the way they did. 17points up towards the end of the 3rd qtr and then start farting about and almost blow it. Yes we won but we could and probably should have won by more.

2. Just think what it'll do for the maggots confidence for remainder of the season. :lol:

3. Who's king eddie going to blame this one on? The timekeepers? Sorry Eddie if you concede 3 goals that late on, even if the game was a dead rubber you deserve what you got. Sweet FA

That sets me up nicely for a day on the booze for my soccer teams last game of the season today. Anyone know anywhere on the Isle of Wight where I can buy a stomach pump vingertje
Carlton Football Club - Surely a contradiction in terms?
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Re: Immediate after match thoughts

Post by Bomber_Fan »

You know the drill though Splodge, they're going to blame the lopsided free kick count for their loss today. I will say this to the filth, maybe if they paid the holding the ball and incorrect disposal decisions today (they only pay the throw when they feel like it sometimes), we might have tripled their free kick count instead and I don't think the filth could have complained. :D
The Don
Top Up Player

Post by The Don »

I just cant stop singing it....... My 18 month old cant stop smiling, The world is a truly happy place!! :D

GO BOMBERS!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RIlPGNCQokE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RIlPGNCQokE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Splodge wrote:1. Knights should tell the team that although they won, they should never had had to do it the way they did. 17points up towards the end of the 3rd qtr and then start farting about and almost blow it. Yes we won but we could and probably should have won by more.

2. Just think what it'll do for the (a). maggots confidence for remainder of the season. :lol:

3. Who's king eddie going to blame this one on? The timekeepers? Sorry Eddie if you concede 3 goals that late on, even if the game was a dead rubber you deserve what you got. Sweet FA

That sets me up nicely for a (b). day on the booze for my soccer teams last game of the season today. Anyone know anywhere on the Isle of Wight where I can buy a stomach pump vingertje
(a). Thought the game was umpired OK ... the Collingwood losers are bleating about the Rocca decision ... but there were a few Lloydy non-decisions that were blatent in the 2nd quarter and a Lovett not given a glaring one in the last. It evened out. (BTW even Walls called Rocca as stupid for playing on). Love that Eddie's meeting with the AFL didn't turn into a love fest for the Eddies by the umpires ... so sa 8) d.

(b). Pissed already ... the win makes tomorrow's hangover worthwhile

Most importantly ... IMO Collingwood lost because the played the boundary line... (ok .. they couldn't play tempo in the last quarter ... but we couldn't play it either in the dying minutes of the third quarter). I was impressed that we dominated the corridor... and our players looked for it.

Cheers - STI
Last edited by s'dreams on Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

as long as we dont have another let down against the Lions next week i will be happy. We need to play at this level every week if we can.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Immediate after match thoughts?

Goal kicking practice - a must.

If Lloyd doesn't succumb to this knee niggle, I DO think Lucas could benefit from a run in the twos... to find form, to be reminded that his spot is NOT a given, whatever.

People think Lloydy plays for frees. Any Collingwood supporter who says this is a hypocrite.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

1. Josh Fraser is over rated and the biggest pansy playing in the AFL.

2. Our boys have got a fair bit of courage and ticker especially as Lloyd and Lucas were down and no established ruckman.

3. Paddy Ryder!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Two goals nine behinds before Paddy's goal - bloody hell!!!

5. Father time caught up with Scotty Lucas..........no I won't believe it.....he'll be right

6. Suck shit filth..........I bloody love beating you bastards.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

We stole it, after almost throwing it away.

That game was ours to lose after we evened the score after the Q1.