Ryder

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Ryder

Post by stryper »

How good was this kid today. Had a massive day and was exceptional in the Ruck and around the ground.
Fantastic effort and Well done...
A great find for us with the Ruck
Go Bombers!!! =D>
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Ryder

Post by Windy_Hill »

I have been a critic of his lately. But with reason. He is not a CHB and will never be a CHB. As such I believe his game has not developed as much as it should. CHB is a low skill muscle position. Paddy is neither of tose things. He is lean and skilled. Once again I stress that he could well be the next Stephen Michael, the great Aboriginal player from South Fremantle in the 70's and early 80's. Possible the best player to never play VFL/AFL. A mobile ruck rover cum ruckman with an amazing vertical leap. Adam Goodes is another modern day version of Stephen Michael. Ryder could be better than both of them.

With Hille gone for what would appear a lenghty break, Ryder must now assume his rightful role. Today we saw a Brownlow Medalist in the making.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Out of disaster comes opportunity. Hille going down gave Paddy the big chance to step up today and boy did he step up!! :D
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

What a performance....he laid at least 13 tackles which was absolutely awesome, had several centre square clearances, jumped all over the top of Fraser and gave his midfielders first use of the ball on numerous occasions.

I thought he would tire late in the game but he just kept going.

It was a great match up playing against Fraser but I'll be interested to see how he goes against more heavily built ruckmen.

He will sleep well tonight !!!!!
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Yep.

I too have wondered about this lad's aggression and desire. Today he stepped up.

Well done Paddy - you have big job to do for the rest of this year. After today's performance I now have renewed confidence =D> =D> =D>
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Post by The Fly »

One word: Sublime.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

i dont think i have seen a performance from a big man like that for a long time. 13 tackles and that goal on run. well done patrick
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Erm... I f****** love the man.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Paddy take a bow and let me hand you a nice cold beer.

You showed today that you have a big heart and can be a leader.

You also showed us that Josh Fraser doesn't and is the biggest over rated pansy in the AFL.

Bubbling with pride over the big no 30.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

As he ALWAYS DOES, was given a job and did it.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Sismis wrote:As he ALWAYS DOES, was given a job and did it.
Possibly the smartest thing that I've ever read on this forum. Few words but none wasted.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Paddy Ryder has shown glimpses of ability in his pinch-hitting in the ruck last season and so far this year, but yesterday's Anzac Medal-winning performance may well be a career-defining match.

Not only did the athletic big man remain on the ground for every one of this game's 121 minutes, he was a pivotal influence on the result, 16 possessions, 27 hit-outs, a goal, five clearances, and no fewer than 13 tackles his return. It was sensational stuff.
From Rohan Connolly
chummy
Top Up Player

Post by chummy »

There are a lot of fairweather supporters on these boards,last week a noose ,this week a brownlow.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sismis wrote:As he ALWAYS DOES, was given a job and did it.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Windy_Hill wrote:I have been a critic of his lately. But with reason. He is not a CHB and will never be a CHB. As such I believe his game has not developed as much as it should. CHB is a low skill muscle position. Paddy is neither of tose things. He is lean and skilled. Once again I stress that he could well be the next Stephen Michael, the great Aboriginal player from South Fremantle in the 70's and early 80's. Possible the best player to never play VFL/AFL. A mobile ruck rover cum ruckman with an amazing vertical leap. Adam Goodes is another modern day version of Stephen Michael. Ryder could be better than both of them.

With Hille gone for what would appear a lenghty break, Ryder must now assume his rightful role. Today we saw a Brownlow Medalist in the making.

Taken from a Rohan Connolly article in today's Age newspaper;

"For anyone who watched former Western Australian champion Stephen Michael play, watching Ryder in Saturday's Anzac Day epic would have provided an overwhelming likeness. Loose-limbed, agile, and exerting the sort of defensive pressure (13 tackles) he hadn't necessarily shown — even while playing in the backline — he offered the roaming big-man presence even Hille hadn't matched to date this season."

Full Article here

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/do ... 39062.html
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

chummy wrote:There are a lot of fairweather supporters on these boards,last week a noose ,this week a brownlow.
If thats a reference to my comments then go back and R.E.A.D what I said. Oh and by the way, thanks for your insightful contribution