Never leave early.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
F111
Essendon Legend

Never leave early.

Post by F111 »

I have spent a few years indoctrinating my son to stop complaining that he wants to leave if we're losing.

He has had a few close experiences in his short life as an EFC member.
The WCE Hird win, Scott Lucas's last second goal v Melbourne and now yesterday. The message is beginning to sink in.

We never leave early. Support the team until the end...you just might get a reward! vingertje
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Never leave early.

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

F111 wrote:I have spent a few years indoctrinating my son to stop complaining that he wants to leave if we're losing.

The WCE Hird win, Scott Lucas's last second goal v Melbourne and now yesterday. The message is beginning to sink in.

We never leave early. Support the team until the end...you just might get a reward! vingertje
Yep i never leave either (unless we are down by 80+ points late in the last). My friend must have yesterday as well and she just messaged me that she missed the last 5 mins of the best match in a long time!!! Spewing!! :)
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

:lol: HAHAHAHAHAH That was me yesterday :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I was whingeing non stop i wanted to leave before the rain hit, not that I cared we were going to lose just couldnt be farked getting soaked. I know you're probably thinking, stop being such a girl JP :P, I had had enough at that point in time but thank god my mates made me stay. I feel sorry for those who left. I've learnt my lesson.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I once knew filth supporters that routinely left at half time if they were more than 2-3 goals behind. :shock: #-o
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Piker bastards. I'd never leave early. As painful as it could sometimes be to stay.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
F111 wrote:I have spent a few years indoctrinating my son to stop complaining that he wants to leave if we're losing.

Yep i never leave either (unless we are down by 80+ points late in the last). My friend must have yesterday as well and she just messaged me that she missed the last 5 mins of the best match in a long time!!! Spewing!! :)

Ive never left early.

Ive seen some of our worst performances and finishes right to the end.

You take the bad with the good. You can be called fair weather.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Its weird, last year I stayed right til the end vs Port when we lost by 11 goals and enjoyed the game yet (in my own way) I wanted to go home on Saturday....I left early against pies in pre season and just early before kangaroos. I've learnt my lesson in a big way this weekend :wink:
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I 'fess up to leaving the '83 GF at 3/4 time a totally shattered person. It was either leave or whack the prick beside me, and they tend to frown on that in the Members.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I have only ever left one game early in my entire footy life - that famous game at Princes Park (1981? I think) when Neale Daniher stole the game in the dying minutes. We had a whole bunch of thoroughly obnoxious scum supporters all around us and I just couldn't stand it any longer. Given the result, I vowed never to leave early again and I never have - even sat through the pain of the 83 GF right until the end, Rockhole!
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

I don't often get to the footy any more with a young family etc and I'm always spewing that I miss out on the occasional great game.

Got last minute tickets for the game on Saturday and all I can say is that I'm soooo glad I stayed till the end and took in that victory.. I swear we were all off our seats for about 5 mins staright just yelling and cheering. I won't forget that game.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Despite 30 Years of PAIN my way(PERTH),never left early.But I have SPAT THE DUMMY and said BUGGER PRESENTATIONS after a BAD LOSS and STORMED OFF Home. :(
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

I always stay to the end even when we're getting flogged. I tell the missus (NZ born and new to Melbourne) and the kids that staying till the end and hearing the opposition spruiking and rubbing it in makes you hate them even more. That way when you win it feels so much sweeter.

This attitude has allowed me to witness first hand some of our greatest victories:

- vs Carlton 81 at Scum Oval (N Daniher game)
- vs Hawthorn 84 GF
- vs Melbourne 92 Anzac Day 50+ points down in last quarter
- vs Adelaide 93 Prelim Final

Imagine how bad you'd feel to miss one of those classics.

Was overseas for the North comeback game - bummer!
Bleeding for the red and black
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

I say suck shit to the supporters who left early on Saturday. I hope they're kicking themselves and do so for a long time. The staff should have locked the gates behind them. I know there were people rushing back in after hearing the numerous roars.

Honestly there is no better example than Saturday for why you should never leave early.
Bombers till' I die
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

7 WOODEN SPOONS since 1981,4 since 1993 when I became a Full Time SUPPORTER is TESTAMENT to my LOYALTY to PERTH.

Actually I stand Corrected.I did leave early once. :shock: But that was because My Ride SPAT the DUMMY after PERTH Licked His SWAN DISTRICTS at BASSENDEAN before 10 000 Folk,which by the way was PERTH'S last 10 000 Crowd.In 1986.Even Funnier because APRIL 26 1986,had the same opponents lead us by 39 Points at Half time,before PERTH turned it around to Win by 1 point.ROOF Came off the STAND that day. :D

In my only solid Block of ESSENDON Matches in 1998,Carlton had us down by 25 points when REX apparrently SUNG THE FAT Lady. :oops: LOVED the STORMING VICTORY that day when SCOTTY Roosted the Vall Home from SOS' CLANGER.