Team v Brissie.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
F111
Essendon Legend

Team v Brissie.

Post by F111 »

OK, stop wallowing in the fun of the win. Put it behind and move on :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hille out.
LIoyd maybe out I doubt it somehow.

Does anyone force someone else out?
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Re: Team v Brissie.

Post by andrewb »

Neagle in for Lloyd if injured, otherwise for Lucas. Scotty needs to find some touch in the twos... although watching him again today I honestly doubt that he can be the player he was at AFL level. His first 5 metres and his turning circle are just woeful at the moment. Wonderful career, never write off a champion, etc, etc, but he was handed the ball on a platter a number of times today and just clanked it.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

McVeigh will be back... i think either Jetta or Myers will go out for him. When will Hurley be available again? I would bring him in instead of Pears. TB will replace Hille. I think Lloydy will be right.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Hurley...yes. If he's ready he allows Paddy to stay rucking.

The question will be whether or not paddy will need Bellchambers as support I think.

McVeigh needs to do a game or two with Bendigo I think. He looked horribly underdone last week. The Q4 saw him walking when he should've been chasing. He looked knackered.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Considering that Brissy dont have a ruckman either maybe we dont need to bring in TB this week.

When will Kyle be available again? He is almost a forgotten man at the moment!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Hurley has missed 4 weeks of football and should return via the magoos when he is fit.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Sorry, F1. I am going to dine out on this victory for at least another 5 days. This helps to make up for all the agony and disappointment for the last few years and I am going to make the most of it.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote: When will Kyle be available again? He is almost a forgotten man at the moment!
not forgotten by me! cant wait to get him back will just add more excitement and run to the team, not to mention the agression towards the opposition :D
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Well Bendigo's forwards weren't very productive today, remaining goalless in the 2nd half.

I'm thinking Lucas is safe, I thought that anyhow, and LIoyd will need a bit of work on his cork as it appears the cupboard is bare.

For up forward, Hurley is the only thought, but he should really return slowly I think.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Neagle???

Damn I wish gumby were healthy :(
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Scott Lucas will never be dropped - no matter his form, he will attract the best or second best defender.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

DC wrote:Neagle???

Damn I wish gumby were healthy :(
He kicked 2 goals for Bendigo yesterday and im sure the conditions werent pleasant for a big key forward. He needs to play a lot better though if he is to get back in the side. Its a little disappointing that he hasnt really kicked on so far this year. We desperately need him as well with Gumby out and the two veterans up forward struggling.

Im thinking Hooker is a good chance to play this week. Brisbane dont have any ruckmen available so im thinking that maybe we dont need TB in for this week.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Like Filthy - I'm also operating under the assumption that Jetta will be dropped. Was at the game on Saturday and he was hopeless. Can't remember him putting his body into a single contest and didn't get near winning a one on one. Should be dropped. In the meantime Houli has been in the best players at Bendigo over the last few weeks. I can't fathom why Jetta gets picked ahead of him.

Hurley will be automatic once he gets fit but not sure what to do about our forwards ?
Last edited by hillchaser on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Well Bendigo's forwards weren't very productive today, remaining goalless in the 2nd half.
I can think of some other forwards that haven't been very productive this year. Neagle with his two goals makes him our outstanding key forward of this season.

Sometimes I like to close my eyes and imagine that our forwards take marks and kick goals.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

who do we play on J. Brown?

the brisbane big man is working his way into some seriously good form.
upside this week is that we have an extra nights rest on the Lions.

McVeigh will be an in won't he? precautionary measure leaving him out saturday as his ankle was a little tender?

not sure how well we match up on brisbane. we will need a shootout(heck we need to ensure the game is free flowing against any opposition to win). I'm just really worried brown will kick 10.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Yes Brown will be a handful but i think Bradshaw is more dangerous. He has a habit of kicking bags against us. Fletch will play on one and im thinking McPhee might get the other. We are really missing Hurley at the moment because i would have liked to see him have a go at one of the Brissy forwards.

The Bris defence isnt the strongest so it will be the perfect match for Lloyd and Lucas to find the goals again. Gus, Davey, Lovey and Jetta will have to kick some as well if we are to win.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

hillchaser wrote:Like Filthy - I'm also operating under the assumption that Jetta will be dropped. Was at the game on Saturday and he was hopeless. Can't remember him putting his body into a single contest and didn't get near winning a one on one. Should be dropped. In the meantime Houli has been in the best players at Bendigo over the last few weeks. I can't fathom why Jetta gets picked ahead of him.
Maybe watch the last five minutes again as someone suggested in another thread. He was maniacal in his attack on ball and was a big part of us winning the game.

This will be an excellent game to bring Bellchambers in. Mitch Clarke is a handy player but only an average ruck. Fity-fity with Ryder will allow him to rest up forward and snag some goals.

Hooker is a big chance to come in. Give him (or one of the other young defenders) one of the big jobs, Mcphee, NLM to take the other. Fletch to back them up.

Need a big effort from the midfield this week, Black, Power, Riscatelli (or however you spell it) are good players and will take some stopping.

This is a very winnable game.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

One thing I am slowly coming to realise is that if ever Jobe Watson misses a game, he'll leave a big black hole in our clearance department. I don't know if we have anyone capable of replicating what Jobe does week in and week out. I don't know why I'm saying this, but I felt like saying it.

I can see the Big Belly coming in for the Big Hille. But I can't see anyone else being omitted after last week's performance.
Essendunny
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Dalziel being gawn should help some...
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Doctor Fish wrote:Dalziel being gawn should help some...

that is great news.

honestly if we come to play we should be able to win.

but....if its a similar down performance like against the roos after the carlton win, brisbane will make us pay.

like every game, i just hope the efc has a red hot go.