Big Fella Gorn

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Big Fella Gorn

Post by Crazyman »

Huge loss, but great gain (Paddy, senior games into Belly & Hooker)...

Having done a knee in a similar manner, I can say the first thought that went through my mind was 'Crap he is gone for the season'

I saw the knee 'bounce' and when he went down, I remembered my own pain when I did my ACL...he landed Hyper extended and the knee had no chance....
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

I mean going up one handed in marking contests. Its been annoying for years, i believe it stemmed from a volleyball background as a junior.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Nath, I think if you watch it again, you will notice that the kick was well above his head. Anyone that has ever jumped for a ball will tell you that it is not training that makes you jump that way but instinct in trying to reach the ball to bring it down... [-X
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

MH_Bomber wrote:Just before he did it there was an odd incident when the ball bounced near him and another Collingwood player (I think possibly Fraser) and he seemed to go up awkwardly to try and bump him instead of going for the ball. I wondered after he went down with his knee whether it was in fact that first play that contributed to the knee rupture.
I looked for that but couldn't see anything too obvious. I expect it was the non flexed vertical landing that's done the damage :(