Fletcher May Miss 8 Weeks

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Fletcher May Miss 8 Weeks

Post by BenDoolan »

Happy F****** 300th!

Someone better track down the MF who has placed a curse on this club and slit his throat.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=6560

The season is well and truly dead now. GONE. Forget about pushing for a top 8 spot. In a matter of 2 weeks we have lost two of the most influential and reliable players on the list. We are going to cop some ******* hidings, and opposition forwards are going to have an absolute field day, starting from next week.

Our injuries are no longer "soft tissue" matters. They are serious structural problems. Broken bones, knees and backs.

f*** THIS!
Essendunny
stryper
High Draft Pick

Re: Fletcher May Miss 8 Weeks

Post by stryper »

I know - terrible news but at least it is Not season ending.
I don't agree about getting hidings though.
Still a lot of talent and will be a much better fired up team against the Hawks.
I am tipping a close 1.
Hawks also have their injury concerns...

Come on Bombers Show us what you are really made of Again
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

stryper wrote:I know - terrible news but at least it is Not season ending.
I don't agree about getting hidings though.
Still a lot of talent and will be a much better fired up team against the Hawks.
I am tipping a close 1.
Hawks also have their injury concerns...

Come on Bombers Show us what you are really made of Again
Losing guys like Fletcher / Hille / Welsh / McVeigh for big chunks of the season, plus the hideous form of Lucas, plus the patchy form of Lloyd, is killing us.

I'm impressed by your optimism, but a close one v Hawks? We'll be playing them back into premiership form, and giving a huge confidence boost to Franklin. Take a look at our backline structure for next week....possibly Daniher, Pears, Hooker, McPhee, Slattery and Dempsey. McPhee will have to play on Roughead or Franklin - and we all know what happened the last time he was asked to do that! Not McPhee's fault - he aint a KPP.
Essendunny
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Yeah... I'm with ya BD. Fletcher gone now, we are screwed. Sorry to be so negative but seriously it would take something remarkable to be anywhere near top 8. If it all goes pear shaped then we can get one last good pick before the gold coast get em all.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

man i have a real sense of deja vu from last year. Just when we thought we were on the up and capable of a top 8 spot the side gets ruined by injuries. I have a horrible feeling that Buddy will hit top form next week now that Fletch is gone. Ryder would have to play back surely, big TB must come in the side this week. Hopefully Hurley is right to go as well.

In the face of adversity the true character of the footy club will be revealed. This is a perfect opportunity for some of our young guns to shine.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

f*** me, just can't catch a break.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

i've said it before - the most significant issue in the game is the number of injuries. more so than the standard of umpiring. more so than the tribunal. more so than gate receipts or tv deals or competition expansion into west sydney and the gold coast. injuries are f****** up the quality of the competition more than anything else. its not just us. every team at some point during the year has on average about 25% of their list unavailable through injury. it is ruining the game.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Groan. The next month is going to be a nightmare.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Pushing for another bottom 4 spot this season. At least it will give players like Hurley, Daniher and Pears experience on playing on their own against great forwards, but it is going to be a very ugly season.

Think we may as well cut our losses with Lucas. I know Neagle has been playing ordinary in the 2's and you shouldn't reward poor form, but a glimpse of decent form from Neagle is worth more than it from Lucas. We needed to be 6-6 at the half way mark, and this stage, we will be lucky to get to 5-7, most probably be 3-9. Only teams I can see us winning is Melbourne and Richmond and even the Richmond game becomes a probably loss where 2 weeks ago it would have been a win.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

If we are being told he may miss 8 - the likelihood is that he will miss many more. The EFC has an injury black hole that very few escape. Remember McVeigh? Reimers? Hurley? Laycock?

With our two tallest, and 3 of our top 5 players gone, so to have our chances for 2009. This season will now be a test of character for those that remain. I don't expect too many more victories - nor should anyone else - however I expect everyone to have a crack.

Hooker, Daniher, Pears, Neagle, Hurley (if and when fit) need to be given as much time as possible now - play them and see what they can deliver - we desparately need some talls to start performing.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
canberrabomber
Top Up Player

Post by canberrabomber »

Fletcher may miss 8 weeks.

F*ck!

Significant loss.

Match-ups itself not an issue; Lanky unlikely to have played on Buddy, Roughead, Reiwolt - Pears/Daniher/Hurley these roles set for. Loss of experience, skill, composure in defence irreplaceable.

Next month ugly could be. Me? Glass half full; maybe a glimpse of future stars.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Cock.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Six weeks in and jumping off already.
Come on get real...
We have tradition and Pride
These boys will fire up next week without Fletcher and Hille.
Many others to stand up and show what the Essendon football club is made of...
Go Bombers...
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

stryper wrote:Six weeks in and jumping off already.
Come on get real...
We have tradition and Pride
These boys will fire up next week without Fletcher and Hille.
Many others to stand up and show what the Essendon football club is made of...
Go Bombers...
Exactly right! As i said earlier it is a great opportunity for the younger guys to stand up and take on more responsibility. Yes the next week will be a huge challenge but im the sure the boys will be fired up and try their best to perform. I for one am excited about the amount of game time our young guys are getting this season. Just seeing Dempsey out there injury free and the emergence of Hocking and Zaka is really great!!
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Does Knights put Ryder back, or leave him rucking?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tom9779 wrote:Does Knights put Ryder back, or leave him rucking?
Either way, we're stuffed wherever he isn't playing. If he won't play ruck, we'll get rooted in that department (unless Watson the wizard can continue to shark the clearances from the opposition taps), or our defence will be pushing shit uphill without the height, agility and spoiling ability of Ryder playing on a key forward. :x
Essendunny
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Leave him rucking, bring Hurley back even though he hasn't had the chance to play in the magoos, we need him too much.

Hurley on Roughead, Pears/Hooker on Franklin, McPhee third man up, Bellchambers to come in to allow Ryder to go back and help out if needed, or if not he can drop forward.

Their backline is in more trouble than ours, hell their key position defenders on the weekend were Robbie Campbell (a ruckman) and Thomas Murphy who is no where near being a key defender.

We really need a big on from Lloyd, hopefully now the 900 milestone is off his back, he can just play the game.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

ealesy wrote:Leave him rucking, bring Hurley back even though he hasn't had the chance to play in the magoos, we need him too much.

Hurley on Roughead, Pears/Hooker on Franklin, McPhee third man up, Bellchambers to come in to allow Ryder to go back and help out if needed, or if not he can drop forward.

Their backline is in more trouble than ours, hell their key position defenders on the weekend were Robbie Campbell (a ruckman) and Thomas Murphy who is no where near being a key defender.

We really need a big on from Lloyd, hopefully now the 900 milestone is off his back, he can just play the game.
At least that gives us some hope for Friday night. vingertje Lloyd (and hopefully Lucas) need to kick a bag is we are to even get close.

I read on the afl website that Fletcher will only miss 4 weeks with a slight hairline fracture. At least it wasnt the worst case scenario this time!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
ealesy wrote:Leave him rucking, bring Hurley back even though he hasn't had the chance to play in the magoos, we need him too much.

At least that gives us some hope for Friday night. vingertje Lloyd (and hopefully Lucas) need to kick a bag is we are to even get close.

I read on the afl website that Fletcher will only miss 4 weeks with a slight hairline fracture. At least it wasnt the worst case scenario this time!
I'm always hopeful, but suspect their midfield + Hodge will be far too good and cancel out any advantage we might have in our forward line.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:

Finally, some good news!
Essendunny