No more wins for a while

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

No more wins for a while

Post by bomberflyer »

We will be struggling to win a game for a few weeks IMO.

Hawthorn
Saints
Richmond
Geelong

We missed a game against North and were terrible on the road against Port and Brisbane.

It's hard to see us getting within 6 goals of 3 of those sides, and our recent form against Richmond is average.

We could be 3 wins from 10 games and pushing for draft concessions again next year if we do not get a more consistent performance out of a number of players.

Do we have any possible ins for this week?
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Re: No more wins for a while

Post by andrewb »

Hurley and Darcy are available. McVeigh is a possible return, but unfortunately the essendonfc.com.au site only says that he is "some sort of a chance to line-up" which means bugger all chance in my book.

Saints and the Cats are most likely going to absolutely MAUL us with Hille and Fletch out. We need to pinch a win against Hawthorn which looks increasingly unlikely.

I expect Lonergan to get back into some form in the next couple of weeks which will be really handy. Have been missing him around the packs.

Ins: McVeigh (fingers crossed), Bellchambers, Daniher
Outs: Fletch, Zaharakis (rest), Lucas

Play Daniher or Hooker at CHF. We need the option of an extra defender against Buddy and Rough and Lucas couldn't stay with Robert Campbell at the moment.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

andrewb wrote:Hurley and Darcy are available. McVeigh is a possible return, but unfortunately the essendonfc.com.au site only says that he is "some sort of a chance to line-up" which means bugger all chance in my book.

Saints and the Cats are most likely going to absolutely MAUL us with Hille and Fletch out. We need to pinch a win against Hawthorn which looks increasingly unlikely.

I expect Lonergan to get back into some form in the next couple of weeks which will be really handy. Have been missing him around the packs.

Ins: McVeigh (fingers crossed), Bellchambers, Daniher
Outs: Fletch, Zaharakis (rest), Lucas

Play Daniher or Hooker at CHF. We need the option of an extra defender against Buddy and Rough and Lucas couldn't stay with Robert Campbell at the moment.
Why would you rest Zaharakis...isn't he getting enough sleep?

His form is way ahead of Monfries and Jetta so if a small forward is to go, then it should be one of them.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

The losses against Hawks, Geelong and Saints are completely irrelvant as far as I'm concerned. We are one win ahead of where I thought we'd be at this stage and we should be very proud of that.

The next couple of weeks is a test of ticker. We need to ensure that we can stick to our gameplan and develop our team while remaining somewhat competitive. If we put in the effort I think we can still walk away after this tough period with our heads held high. We need to ensure we are not blown out of the water in these games to maintain some semblance of a decent %.

The Tigers will be a tough game and it is one we could easily lose. We will really need to get it right that week to keep ourselves thereabouts.

If we hit Round 10 at 4-5 we will be in an excellent position to mount a serious attempt at the 8. With the guys coming back into the team in the second half of the year we will definately b a chance.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

At least we are playing Hawthorn when they arent at their best, i still think that if everything falls our way we wuld have to be an outside chance to knock them off.

IN: Bellchambers, McVeigh, Hurley
OUT: Fletcher, Jetta, Monfries/Myers

We cant drop Lucas for this match because against a pretty weak backline we need all the firepower we can get and Neagle just doesnt seem capable at the moment. If Lucas fails again after Friday night then surely Knighta would have to consider playing him at Bendigo.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

doen't look like Lucas will be dropped, more so moved to the backline now that Fletcher is gone... move that is very risky but might just get him a little more into the game, we'll see soon enough by the looks of it
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Lloydy was on One Week at a Time tonight and was of the opinion that Scotty won't be dropped and will soon find form. He got a bit of the ball the other night but it looks like his confidence near goals is shot at the moment.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

We have a midfield this year, which is a huge difference from previous years.

Lloydy/Lucas and co stand up in the forward line, I think we will make a good account of ourselves.

but yes EFC will prob start as underdogs in every game for a while.

Last year we were smashed by 10 goals+ a lot of the time. i;m expecting more heart this time around.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Richo's gawn... Taylor being out for the Dawks will be handy for us... Hopefully G. Ablett will miss an extra game as well...

It's all bad for my Dreamteam, but good for us...

vingertje