Definition

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Definition

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Yeah there is a heap to like about Jay. Hopefully he can do to his body what Jobe Watson was able to do to his a few years ago and have a breakout season. I loved the look of him in our forward line last Friday!!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

He seems to be quite strong so probably does the work in the gym. He probably hasn't been doing the fitness work which would go a long way to showing definition of muscles.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Not saying that this is the case with Jay but some blokes body shape's just don't change no matter what they do.

I used to work with Robbie Flower's Dad many years ago and I remember him saying that Robert used to do everything he could but could never put on any weight. Always looked like the most unlikely footballer you could imagine...skinny as a match with the wood scraped off. Could play a bit but. Never shirked a contest and yet was very rarely injured. One of the Demon's all time greats.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

pevfan wrote:Not saying that this is the case with Jay but some blokes body shape's just don't change no matter what they do.

I used to work with Robbie Flower's Dad many years ago and I remember him saying that Robert used to do everything he could but could never put on any weight. Always looked like the most unlikely footballer you could imagine...skinny as a match with the wood scraped off. Could play a bit but. Never shirked a contest and yet was very rarely injured. One of the Demon's all time greats.
Dustin Fletcher
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

I havent met Jay Neagle in the flesh, but perhaps thats just not a flattering photo.

i've seen plenty of pictures of franklin where he does not look like the incredible hulk.

endurance <> upper body muscle definition by the way.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

hop wrote:
pevfan wrote:Not saying that this is the case with Jay but some blokes body shape's just don't change no matter what they do.

Dustin Fletcher
Joel Reynolds