Didak....again

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Didak....again

Post by dingus »

Blidge
On the Rookie List

Post by Blidge »

haha, i can imagine it now "i'm Alan Didak, i don't have to pay for taxi's" can't wait for Collingwoods explanation on this one. vingertje
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Haha. What a tool!!
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

he is a tool.

but on a side note, taxi fares in Melbourne are a joke.(and a lot of the drivers)

I live in sydney and was down there recently.....cost me a bloody $75 cab fare from the airport and they aren't the friendliest lot, considering the dreamy traffic conditions and roads melbourne has...no excuse.

(apologies to all the great essendon supporting cabbies, you guys must be rare)......

so i can understand his problem.....
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

lozza89 wrote:Haha. What a tool!!
No, no he is an All Australian Tool!!!

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/ ... 95285.html
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

OK, I hate Didak as much as anyone else here does, but if what the club is saying is true then I would've argued aggressively with the cabbie as well. He was apparently trying to charge Didak $25 to go from Hawthorn to Kew; I've done that cab fare many times and, at 1.30am, it would never be more than $15. Of course $10 is nothing for a guy who probably earns $250k+ per year, but it's a matter of principle - the cabbie was trying to charge an extortionate amount and he had no right to. So, if Didak's/Collingwood's explanation is true, I don't think Didak really did anything wrong.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

great to see the rehab going well after his knee injury :lol:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:OK, I hate Didak as much as anyone else here does, but if what the club is saying is true then I would've argued aggressively with the cabbie as well. He was apparently trying to charge Didak $25 to go from Hawthorn to Kew; I've done that cab fare many times and, at 1.30am, it would never be more than $15. Of course $10 is nothing for a guy who probably earns $250k+ per year, but it's a matter of principle - the cabbie was trying to charge an extortionate amount and he had no right to. So, if Didak's/Collingwood's explanation is true, I don't think Didak really did anything wrong.
This is a thoughtful and more correct response.

If put in the same situation, if it's true, then an argument with the taxi driver is the least thing that should occur.

A threat to report him to the directorate after visibly writing down the driver number and vehicle rego. would soon have the ride offered as a freebie.,
mrredfox
High Draft Pick

Post by mrredfox »

Didak is just continuing the good form of Collingwood off field.

I heard a TV Exec has been charged with drink driving my first thought was McGuire being the Pies president it would fit. I never did hear who it actually was.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

mrredfox wrote:Didak is just continuing the good form of Collingwood off field.
I hate the filth too, but the guy is 23, the season is over, he was out having a few drinks and got a taxi home.

NOTHING wrong in doing that.
Marillion
Top Up Player

Post by Marillion »

Is he trying to be the new FRASER BROWN,Anger Management issues and can't go out and stay sober!!....And as for his girlfriend! VOMIT..seen better heads on a dead fish!........ :lol: ............. :evil:
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

wanker
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

tom9779 wrote:he is a tool.

but on a side note, taxi fares in Melbourne are a joke.(and a lot of the drivers)

I live in sydney and was down there recently.....cost me a bloody $75 cab fare from the airport and they aren't the friendliest lot, considering the dreamy traffic conditions and roads melbourne has...no excuse.

(apologies to all the great essendon supporting cabbies, you guys must be rare)......

so i can understand his problem.....
We had a cabbie one time that needed the melways to find where he needed to go.had the melways on his lap for the entire trip.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

We had a cabbie one time that needed the melways to find where he needed to go.had the melways on his lap for the entire trip.
WOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW. Did he really??? What an awesome story! Fancy that, a cabbie using the Melways to find his way around. I'm officially in shock.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Steady. :o
gringo wrote:
WOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW. Did he really??? What an awesome story! Fancy that, a cabbie using the Melways to find his way around. I'm officially in shock.